Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 45-45-10 Tumble lube for production

Banner Sponsor

45-45-10 Tumble lube for production

Hi everybody. Recluse and I have been chatting back and forth about putting 45-45-10 into production to be a regular product from White Label Lube. The ease of application and great results while shooting looks like it's a great lube.

Here is his writeup on it(sticky at top of lube forum) . http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=67654

I have over 100 gallons of Liquid Alox on hand and we're looking into Johnson't Paste Wax in bulk or a reasonable replacement. I already have 8 oz bottles and pour lids that I use for Liquid Alox.

I'm not sure on a price yet, but will try to keep it as reasonable as possible.

I'll post updates here as the project progesses.

do we have any votes for a good name for it? Or just call it 45-45-10?

When it looks like I'm pretty close to the right mix, I'll probably be looking for some volunteers to test and give feedback or suggestions.

Thanks
    Glenn.
    Last edited by lar45; 06-02-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    How about RecLox?

I have been using 45-45-10, I got the recipe and appllication directions from Recluse's sticky. I really like it, fast, easy, and it works great in its velocity/pressure range.
    That said, I think that if it is acceptable to Recluse, the name of the product should bear refrence to Recluse. How about Recluse- Alox-Tumble Lube, R.A.T. lube for short?
    This lube woould be great for people just starting out who don't want to cook up their own lube. A lot of people buy tumble lube molds to get started because of cost, but get discouraged and quit because of the issues w/ straight LLA. I think this product along w/ Recluse's instructions would help a beginner or anyone have more success right from the start. I would be willing to experiment w/ the product. Good luck w/ this product devolpment.
    jmsj

I think it's a great Idea as I have read lots of posts where members are having a hard time finding jpw.I also think it would really help the new guy as he could get a inexpensive and quick way to lube there boolits that would be properly mixed. As far as a name goes how about recluses 45/45/10 lube to keep it easy

Boolit Master

LAR45 I believe it is a great idea. If you need someone to help test I'll be happy to. I'm using 45/45/10 exclusively on my handgun boolits atm.

Boolit Master

Oh, and a +1 for homage to Recluse in the name.

I'd like to add my poor mettle in favor of including Recluse's handle in the name.

I just did a couple of thousand boolits yesterday with his formula.

R.A.T. Lube! I like that one. You can put me down as a tester.
    Turning money into noise, since 1970

Banned

I've referred to it as "Recluse Snot" at least once, but that probably won't promote sales! Then there's "RecLube", but that might catch the attention of proctologists.

It is a good formula, I'm sure it would be an excellent addition to the lineup.

Gear

(now don't go hunting me down, JD!)

Rec-lube?

I will be glad to test for you!
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.

Boolit Master

Why wouldn't you just get Carnuba like WilGen did? You could use a lot less since the JPW is only 5% Carnuba. Then maybe call it Lar-Rec or Rec-Lar.
    EW

Boolit Buddy
    R.A.T.Lube+1
    Tester +1

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    Rec-lube?
    Rectal...............proctologist................ nothing more to be said.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Isn't it hard with so many knowing nothing of product realities but marketing based on catchy things like "bore butter" and "bore snake" ?

How about something like "XYZ Lube" with the XYZ simply being contributor's initials? A well used product will have its own nickname in time. Enough of this "XXXSNOT", "holy black", adolescence.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post
    Isn't it hard with so many knowing nothing of product realities but marketing based on catchy things like "bore butter" and "bore snake" ?

How about something like "XYZ Lube" with the XYZ simply being contributor's initials? A well used product will have its own nickname in time. Enough of this "XXXSNOT", "holy black", adolescence.

BvT
    BvT, you left us hanging, or was your intention to just throw out a slam and just disappear? Us less knowledgeable are waiting for your educated suggestion/recommendation....
    EW

In Remembrance

Who here would Not want to 'test' a reported proven lube?? I ask you! As to a name for it, I like 'Rexlox'.

The suggestion to goto pure carnauba seems economical. The point about unavailability of JPW is true here. (We CAN get Minwax.)
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

How about the "tumble lube formula # 2" since it is kinda the 2nd generation of a good formula (pure alox being the first)
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.

Boolit Buddy
    "Enough of this "XXXSNOT", "holy black", adolescence."
    Didnt realize we could not have a little fun along the way. Wont happen again.

Matt

In Remembrance

Keep it plain and simple.....GOOPLUBE!Robert

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast