RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: 357mag bolt action...would you buy one?

Voters
790. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

387 48.99%
  • no

148 18.73%
  • maybe

212 26.84%
  • are you smoking crack?

43 5.44%
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 357mag Bolt action, new on the market

Banned

357mag Bolt action, new on the market

If you could buy a reasonably priced ( similar or slightly less $$ to an 1894 marlin)5 shot clip fed, handy and light bolt action in 357 mag would you?

Boolit Master
    So fast it would make your head spin, maybe someone like CZ will take the idea to heart, I seriously doubt anyone in the U.S. would do it. Why, have you heard rumors? Do tell.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Why, have you heard rumors? Do tell.

exile

Only from the voices in my head, and trust me you do not want me to share most of what they have to say. Good thing the thought police are lacking in technology eh?

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    I don't need one but would buy one, just because... I have Marlin 1894Cs and a Browning Lowall, so don't need another, but the cartridge is so much fun, and so easy to work with that it deserves another platform. The same platform could be used for 218 Bee, 25-20 Wcf, 32-20 Wcf, 256 Win Mag. I suppose the .327 Federal(?) would work. 10mm anyone?

Boolit Master
    I sent an email to Lipseys on this about a month ago. Told them that Ruger already chambered 22 Hornet and 44 Mag that Lipsey would hit a gold mine if they had a special run both in blued and then stainless. Don't know what will happen.

But Lipsey's is always looking for ideas for exclusives that they can run the margins up on. Email your dreams and desires:

http://www.lipseys.com/
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Banned

hmmm, 357 mag bolt gun. Depends on the clip. If big boolits could be seated far out and still have it feed, I'd probaby have to get one.

if it could be converted to 357 Max or started out as a 357 Max. Most likely I'd probably try to acquire one.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post

if it could be converted to 357 Max or started out as a 357 Max. Most likely I'd probably try to acquire one.
    +1 on the 357 Max

Boolit Master
    I said "maybe" , but if it were 357 Maximum I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    Yes, if available in .357Max as well !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up We need one!

Gents!
    We positively NEED any and all forms of rifles chambered for both the 357mag and the 357Max! Both are outstanding when used in light, handy rifles, and what fun they are as well!
    I will gladly purchase rifles chambered in either fine cartridge.

358wcf

Boolit Bub
    I would consider buying such a rifle. I HAD a Rossi 92 and gave it to a nephew. Actually, I sold it to him for way LESS than I paid for it. I how have an H&R handi-rifle in that caliber. What kind of .357 rifle are you talking about. Would it be something like the old .30-30 bolt action or, some new design from Europe. My computer will not allow me to spell europe with a lower case e. Keeps underlining it in red. That's a good color for europe. Don't like their laws but, will buy their guns if the price is right.

Banned

I'm thinking a rem600 action with 20" brl.

Boolit Master
    Has anyone shouted "Group Buy" yet? Yes, I would buy a 357 Mag bolt rifle. The original proposal was something like "light and handy" or such. This sounds like a fun item that can offer multiple load development experiments. I would not even consider glass on this type of a system. Not that I don't regularly use (need) improved sight systems for these tired old eyes. I just like the light and handy concept for a stroll through the fields and timber. 357 Maximum? Yup, I would get in on that caliber if it were offered instead of the Magnum. Just keep it light and handy.

Boolit Master

Talking

I would be happy if Ruger chambered their 44/77 in 357 mag with the ability to shoot the RCBS 200 grain bullet. I have two of the Browning lowwalls in 357 mag and they are fun to shoot.

Banned

I want ruger to make thier 77/44 in 41 Mag!

Boolit Master
    Yes to the .41 magnum. I would probably buy a .357 first though. I have recently discovered the .41 magnum and it is great.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Buddy
    ummmm i would buy three! actually i really want a lever gun in .357 if i could find one round here! I"d take any gun in .357.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Master

I might purchase one for the “uniqueness” of it…

Or, are there bolt actions presently available in the 357 Magnum cartridge and at what price and availability?...

But, would I like it more than my older 1894C that just enjoys 358429's and SR-4759?...

BCB

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Actually I have this mangled carcano , if I could get any bbl for it .....................................
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe. It wolud depend if the gun has scaled to the size of the cartridge or not. I have no desire for a large ring 98 Mauser in .357, but something the size of a Model 43 Winchester would be great.

I am still kicking myself for not buying one of the Timberwolf .357 pumps when they were available.

Robert

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast