Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about another Postal Match?

Boolit Master
    Just wait until I bust out the .375 ouch and ouch for the scope rifle event...everything will turn to **** after the first 3 shots or so.... Guess i could use some lighter loads....or a sand bag under the butt....
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Master

Maybe a dumb question but would using a muzzleloader in the iron sight matches be OK? Been shooting them a lot more lately and the only rifles that I have with irons besides a old Rusky with a very short barrel and kindof ruff bore, well not kindof more like reall ruff.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rhbrink View Post
    Maybe a dumb question but would using a muzzleloader in the iron sight matches be OK? Been shooting them a lot more lately and the only rifles that I have with irons besides a old Rusky with a very short barrel and kindof ruff bore, well not kindof more like reall ruff.
    Yeah sure your welcome to shoot the smoke pole with iron sights! (but you still gotta shoot ten rounds)

Glad to have you on board!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

Thanks I didn't think it would be a problem just wanted to make sure didn't want to offend anyone. They're probably laughing anyway!

Another "is this ok"

Sorry, but here is another "is this ok" question:
    Reading the posts it is allowed to use iron sights in the 100 yard scoped category, fine. The only two problems I have are:
    #1 I only have 100 meters (109.36 yards) range distance available
    #2 The range I can shoot on for this event has electronic target displays, and we are not allowed to put up paper of our own, but can have a printout of the particular target area including the score and group size.

Would this be ok to participate in the match?
    If you like I could ask a witness to attest the authenticity.

Hubertus

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertus View Post
    Sorry, but here is another "is this ok" question:
    Reading the posts it is allowed to use iron sights in the 100 yard scoped category, fine. The only two problems I have are:
    #1 I only have 100 meters (109.36 yards) range distance available
    #2 The range I can shoot on for this event has electronic target displays, and we are not allowed to put up paper of our own, but can have a printout of the particular target area including the score and group size.

Would this be ok to participate in the match?
    If you like I could ask a witness to attest the authenticity.

Hubertus
    Interesting . . . yes a hundred meters will be fine . . .

Yeah, send me the target print out, that sounds different . . . but we don't live on that side of the pond . . .

And welcome to our match!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for letting me participate in the match.
    That will be my first ever postal match

Just to take the witchcraft a little bit out of the electronic target display.
    At the target frame there are 4 microphones (one either corner) those measure the sound of the impacting projectile and via the difference in delay of the sound arriving at the 4 corners a server (computer) attached to the system calculates the impact point on the target with a specific software. On the firing line you have displays that shows a virtual representation of the target and immediately after firing: the impact point. There is a printer attached to the computer as well and one can printout the virtual representation of the target.

I will make some pictures while at the range and post them in the forum later.

That is how the firing line monitor looks like – that’s not my submission, yet.

Of course we do have 100 m ranges with regular paper targets but the range I would go to for that is not open right now, but now I have time to go shooting. So I’d rather do it now then waiting for reopening and have no spare time. This Saturday some friends and I will go to that “electro” range it has lanes up to 300 m and by that distance the electronic target display makes for no walking and more shooting…

Hubertus

I may have missed where it was answered; I don't have a range finder, is it ok if I pace off the distances?

Adam

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonDrake View Post
    I may have missed where it was answered; I don't have a range finder, is it ok if I pace off the distances?

Adam
    LOL! It's X yards on the honor system. Nothing keeps you from shooting groups at ten feet except your personal warranty.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    LOL! It's X yards on the honor system. Nothing keeps you from shooting groups at ten feet except your personal warranty.
    +1 We trust you!

Now if it was 2 gazillion dollars on the line . . . that may be different!

If I see powder burns or lube splattered . . . I may ask a few questions . . .

When my wife went to qualify for her ccw, she had some shooting at close range, the instructor obviously did not know much about boolits, and told my wife she was not supposed to be using snake shot, she said that she was only using what her husband had loaded and gave her! I looked at the target, and there was lube splattered on it, but it did not penetrate!

It is funny that you talked about the lube splatter. When I shoot the postell bullet I still get that spray at 50yrds. I just think it is funny.

Boolit Master

Is a 530 grn bullet heavy enough to stablise all the way to 50 yds?
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Grand Master

The 1894C at 50 yards. I can do better. The shooting continues...

I am sorry so far this is the best I can do.
    Ok Back and it was HOT 100F lol.
    This is out of my Marlin 1894 .357 Mag Pre Safty Micro groove. 100 yards.Each Square is 1 in.
    NOE 360-180 RNFP/GC Size .359
    14.5Gr W-296
    Remington Case
    CCI-550 Primer.
    Top right hole I did not pull I yanked lol.

If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master

Jester that is pretty good shooting . . . what kinda sights are you using? My wife has the same gun with buckhorns . . .

Thank You Shawn and I wish I could still use open sights lol. But it is just a Cheap Tasco 3x9 by 40 scope.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Grand Master

You should have put 5 more on that target. That yank could be the winner this year...

I only had 5 lol. Well really I had 16 lol. 3 loads and one foul shot from a clean barrel lol.

But I will load more after I cast more and size more and and lol. And give it another go lol.

And where did this 10 round thing come from lol. Okay Okay I am slow lol. I went back to read the info which says 10 shots lol.

But I posted this mainly for info and that the load semi worked lol. But then again it is nice to hear others at the range say what do you expect out of a little lever gun one hole groups and I looked back and said well YES lol.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 08-08-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    I only had 5 lol. Well really I had 16 lol. 3 loads and one foul shot from a clean barrel lol.

But I will load more after I cast more and size more and and lol. And give it another go lol.

And where did this 10 round thing come from lol. Okay Okay I am slow lol. I went back to read the info which says 10 shots lol.

But I posted this mainly for info and that the load semi worked lol. But then again it is nice to hear others at the range say what do you expect out of a little lever gun one hole groups and I looked back and said well YES lol.
    Thats OK, we knew you were really just warming up! you got 4 good ones, just gotta train six more to follow . . .

Boolit Master

Why not a stardized target?

You could post it here.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast