Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about another Postal Match?

Boolit Master

Talking Yup, this will be FUN!

All you gotta do is save you targets . . . in mid September, go through them and find the best 10 shot group! It will only cost you $00000000.44 (If USPS doesn't up their rates!)

Your not required to be wearing a special hat or shooting vest while making the shots!

I hope I don't win ANY of the classes, but if I'm the only one shooting, guess who is the winner?
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    I fired my off hand iron sight target today and got some nice 1" 100 yard groups, NOT!!!
    I did fire some 50 yard iron sight groups but I think I am far from unbeatable. If I dont better it soon I will send in this one along with my 100 yard scope target.
    Plenty of time and room for improvment.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Buddy
    Shawn,

I'll shoot some and send you a few targets, so you can get a good laugh. That is if it ever stops raining up here.

Wayne
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from poor judgment.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    I fired my off hand iron sight target today and got some nice 1" 100 yard groups, NOT!!!
    I did fire some 50 yard iron sight groups but I think I am far from unbeatable. If I dont better it soon I will send in this one along with my 100 yard scope target.
    Plenty of time and room for improvment.
    BIC/BS
    Can't swing a dead cat on the internet without knocking over half a dozen MOA shooters. Odd thing is, they never post targets...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne R. Scott View Post
    Shawn,

I'll shoot some and send you a few targets, so you can get a good laugh. That is if it ever stops raining up here.

Wayne
    Oh come on Wayne!

You could then say that the rain drops deflected the boolits, and that is why you only got 7 or 8 on the paper! We haven't had any rain since April 18th, then only 0.1" You noticed I mentioned it was VERY windy when I posted that picture with my groups at only 25 yards! (Even the best shooters have figured out how to "explain that one flyer shot")

Don't be surprised on how good you are!

Hey, people are gonna send lead down range anyways right, mights well share the wealth and help our poor postal workers out by giving them something else to deliver than 68.9 pound flat rate boxes of lead to me!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I keep trying to get folks interested Shawn but not making much progress.

Jestergrin 1
    I am getting most excellent results with that boolit with 13gn Alliant Steel. I am shooting the HP version with fairly soft alloy so they are still close to 180gn.
    This load may be too hot for some small frame revolvers but its fine in my Ruger Bisley and Marlin 1894.
    The powders I wish to stay with sense I have a few or ten pounds of each is H-110, W-296 and TightGroup. And well I have ruled out Tightgroup it is a great low to midrange powder but after that it builds pressure way to fast and accuracy goes out the window not to mention lead left in the barrel lol.

But this week I will load up some test rounds and give them a try.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

I'll join in on this match if I may. Can I shoot the 100 yd rifle with open sights since I dont have a scope on mine? Do I need to post a pic of the target here and then send it in too?

Tim
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    The H110 or 296 will likely work as good or better. I just got a deal on the Alliant Steel at our last gun show thats all.
    Ru Shooter
    I bet that will be OK, you could even shoot at 150 yard too, you know give us old guys a handicap.
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    I'll join in on this match if I may. Can I shoot the 100 yd rifle with open sights since I dont have a scope on mine? Do I need to post a pic of the target here and then send it in too?

Tim
    Yeah, Welcome Tim to the best little shootin' match!

Yes, you can shoot the 100 yard class with open sight off a bench, you also can enter with the same gun in the 50 yard off hand class.

You don't have to post it online, but it might be a kick in the butt for others to get entered! I need to have the final targets mailed to me so I can measure them, and post the results.

Hey, this looks like fun!

Shawn, kind of late, but you could change the description to read:

"#1 - 100 yard - Any Sight Rifle - Bench Rest"

Like they do for NRA smallbore, etc. that way you would include open sights, peep sights and scopes in that class.

Hopefully I'll find my rounduit and shoot some targets to send it.

Ru Shooter
    I bet that will be OK, you could even shoot at 150 yard too, you know give us old guys a handicap.
    BIC/BS
    I may not be as old as some here but I'm not getting any younger either, and thats an extra 100 yds I'd have to walk!!!!
    How bout I close one eye,all you aging gentlemen can use both
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I've been thinking . . . there are only two of the eight classes that are off hand . . . what if we (I) changed all the rimfire to 25 yard off hand?

Let me know what you think . . . I was thinking, that at least in a hunting situation . . . there are not many benches around . . . yes, if I'm out, and I could find a tree to rest against, or even kneel . . .

Also . . . another thought . . . do you think these days, that more people (young people) have scopes? When I was growing up . . . most 22's did not have a scope! Should the rimfires be allowed to use scopes?

I want this to be fun, and well represented.

And yes, if it is a scoped event, you can use any sight you want, I was lumping open, buckhorn, peeps . . . all as "iron sights" just for everybody to know.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't have a range where I can shoot rimfire rifle 25 yards. I could do the 50 yards offhand, but we already have a 50 yard offhand rifle category. Since my rifles have iron sights as well, I like things as they are.

But the beautiful thing about being Match Director is you get to run it as you see fit to get best participation.

Changing the youth categories to any sight would broaden the base in a couple of pretty narrow fields. I suspect changing the youth to offhand would put some kids off. Changing the adult rimfire to any sight could also add shooters.

Boolit Master

I'm also re-thinking #8 . . . making it 25 yards . . . but it may conflict with available ranges . . .

What do you think?

Speak now, or forever hold your peace!

Moderator Emeritus

Question: instead of Hand cast boolits, Can I use cartridge (handloaded) with a Hand swaged brass jacketed boollit ? they have a hand cast lead core in them.

I would be willing to shoot a 44 Mag Handgun, iron site, off-hand,
    and maybe a 44 Mag levergun, iron site, off-hand.
    Jon

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Question: instead of Hand cast boolits, Can I use cartridge (handloaded) with a Hand swaged brass jacketed boollit ? they have a hand cast lead core in them.

I would be willing to shoot a 44 Mag Handgun, iron site, off-hand,
    and maybe a 44 Mag levergun, iron site, off-hand.
    Jon

Naturally it is up to Shawn, but I'm thoroughly and completely opposed.

Boolit Master

No full length jackets . . . but a regular gas check is OK.

Boolit Master

Anybody else have input on post #32 & #34?

Boolit Master

For the kids ONLY just add a 25 yd. class. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master

OK . . . so no other input . . . I'll change the rimfires ALL to "any sight" and the 12 and under rimfire to 25 yards!

I got two new Remington 511P's to play with . . . gonna give you all a run for your money!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast