RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How about another Postal Match?

Boolit Grand Master

My range is still shut down.

On the up side, I'm waiting for the pot to melt even as I type.

Boolit Master

I've only gotten targets from three people so far, if you haven't put them in the mail do so today!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master

More than 3 people posted targets in the thread. There has to be more in the mail...

Banned

Well somebody better, cuz I got a stack of 1/2" groups at 300 yards with my .60-bore flintlock musket I might have to send in!

Gear

Boolit Master

Well . . . I got the target from Hubertus today! (All the way from Germany!)

I hope the rest show up tomorrow!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Earned appreciation

Shawn,

Thank you for all your effort and time organising this postal match. Obviously a labor of love on behalf, and, for the benefit of all C.B. members where ever their home.

My getting enough 'bench time' to submit a worthy target before the deadline of this postal match was limited. Honey Island Range weekends-only-hours available to the public, the too few shooting stations coupled with too many eager shooters waiting in queue saps my ever dwindling supply of patience. So, I pack 'er up and head for the house; no need to sit in agonising silence waiting and waiting...Am I alone here? LOL!

Now finished my sniveling rant, I can say I'm looking forward to the next match. Hopefully my body & brain will not be subject to ambient temperature before then...

With Very Best Regards,

H. Leaming
    "Only when the Muslims (Arabs) begin to love their children as much as they hate us, will there be peace."
    Golda Mier

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"
    Luca Scato

Hey, good that it finally got to you.
    I might have as well brought it with me on the plane and post it in the US - but I wasn't sure whether it's gonna make it on time.

Well my range time for the match wasn't plenty either... I wanted to get some targets with my new ML for the 50 yard category but that was not possible and with the 100 yard class, while at the range my front sight got loose. After that only one visit to test the ML.

So what I sent in was shot as a sideshow on one of the range visits during waiting for one rifle lane to free up...
    But I promised to take part here you have it...

And definitely yes there has to be a follow up match!

Hubertus

Boolit Master

Results!

OK, first off I want to say thank you to those who sent in targets!

I want to apologize that I was not able to participate in more than one class. (My groups were more like patterns on both 25 yard hand gun, and 50 yard rifle!) And I never got my 270 checkmaker . . .

For class #1
    TCFAN took First Place shooting his T/C Encore in 30-30!
    Using a 311332 Lubed w/BAC, with 16.0gr SR4759
    3.460"

Second place went to Dan Walker shooting his Savage 10 in 7mm-08
    Using a 135gr Soupcan, with 16.5gr 2400
    4.927"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For class #2
    TCFAN took First Place shooting a Marlin 336W in 30-30!
    Using a 311041 lubed w/BAC, with 8.0gr Unique
    2.672"

Second place went to Imashooter shooting his Marlin 1894C
    Using a SAECO #353, lubed with Carnauba Red, with 10.5gr 2400
    3.806"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Class #4
    Went to Dan Walker Shooting his Ruger Blackhawk 5.5"
    Using 454424 and 6.5gr RedDot
    Nine shots in 7.610"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For class #5
    First place went to Dan Walker Shooting his Ruger Blackhawk!
    Using 454424 and 6.5gr RedDot
    3.705"

Second Place went to Hubertus shooting a Uberti New Army 44
    Using a .452 Round Ball lubed with his own lube on a felt wad, and 28gr of Swiss #1.5 blackpowder!
    10.673"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For Class #6
    First place went to 123.DieselBenz shooting his Remington 511!
    Using CCI Blazer 40gr lead rp's
    .859"

Second place went to Imashooter using his Mossberg 320B
    Using PMC Zapper
    .944"

I'm sorry that we didn't have more participants . . .

So for the actual Cast Boolit Summer Match TCFAN is the Best shooter shooting 2.672"! and Won the bragging rights for the year! (And a pound of Speed Green lube)

I'm think next year maybe I should extend the time to say Dec 1 instead . . .
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 10-10-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: clarification

Boolit Grand Master

2nd out of two, twice...

Boolit Master
    First time I have ever won anything!!!!!!!!!!!!Terry

Banned

Congrats, TCFAN! Gotta love the old .30-30.

Gear

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    2nd out of two, twice...

Don't feel bad . . . it was just that one high one on the 50 yards . . . the rest were tight!

And I had an unfair advantage on beating you in the 22 Class . . . because I knew what you shot,, and I just kept shooting until I got a tad better! (I shot alot!)

I'm the one who should be embarrassed . . . I did not even enter a cast target! If I was using a larger target like Hubertus . . . I might have beat him by .001" but I was only using 8.5 X 11 paper . . . and couldn't keep ten on the paper!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Terry,
    I forwarded your address to Bullshop to send you the Speed Green . . .

Boolit Master
    Terry,
    I forwarded your address to Bullshop to send you the Speed Green . . .

Thanks Shawn...Also thanks to Bullshop for putting up the Speed Green..Very kind.......Terry

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    Don't feel bad . . . i
    Don't worry about me. I shoot a fair bit of USPSA and ICORE. I'm used to getting pounded.

Just wish I'd gotten in some more range time. I hereby resolve to make a better effort next time!

Boolit Master
    Terry
    I have your address and will get that lube off asap. I am about out of stock so plan to spend the week making up both speed green and nasa.
    We are just now reopening after a 5 month layoff. Lots of catch up to do.

Boolit Master
    No problem Bullshop... That will give me time to look for another lube sizer to use the Speed green in................Terry

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post

Just wish I'd gotten in some more range time. I hereby resolve to make a better effort next time!
    I just got done yesterday working up 200 rounds for my 44 mag, (three diff boolits, five diff powders) now that I got an aperture for my Williams sight . . . and a year to practice . . . I hope that I will be able to get a presentable target! Going shooting today!

Should have my 270 in line by then too!

I don't even need to worry about a range out here . . . I just go out in the desert . . . but just gotta do it! I feel sorry for you guys trying to get time in an organized range with hours, and sharing with other shooters.

I also am thinking of a cross country move this next year, so hopefully that doesn't mess this up!

Boolit Master

Practice? I went out and the groups I submitted were the only groups I shot that day.
    No practice, no warmups. Just load the gun and shoot. Guess I could've done better, but was pressed for time.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Master

I'm glad you got a day that wasn't too windy Dan, at least you didn't have to give any of you boolits or brass away (nobody beat you in your handgun classes!)

Well, I'm fairly new to the 44 mag, and my 2.5" barrel jumps a bit . . . plus I'm still working up loads on both the revolver and lever . . .

Put fifty 432640 Solids with five different powder charges, and
    Put fifty H&G 503 Pent hp's five different powder charges through the lever this morning . . .

Put ninety 432640 Round Hp's with eight different powder charges
    Put fifty H&G 503 Pent hp's with five different powder charges through the Alaskan . . .

I'll be glad when I get good at this shooting stuff . . .

Hey, congrats to the winners!!!!!
    I think everybody should feel good (still I am a little embarassed due to my "group") since we did send in targets, didn't we. It all will be better the next time.

DieselBenz - looks like we will have to do a final stand with you doing a dog dare you on the size of the target

It was a lot of fun reading the posts and I am really looking forward to the next match - maybe I can join some more classes then...

Hubertus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456