RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about another Postal Match?

Boolit Master

How about another Postal Match?

Since the last one is over . . . and waiting for final results still.

I'm no expert, so if somebody wanted to volunteer to head this up, maybe to end prior to hunting season. (Oct 1?)

Alot of people are now just getting out to shoot, and working up new loads for hunting loads.

And besides I was a tad slow on finding out about the last one!

I think it should be the same as the one Bullshop Jr just finished, but could have different or extra catagories . . . maybe a 22 rimfire, may get a bunch of the young folks involved too!

I'm not a great shot, but this is just a fun way to punch holes, beat me if you can! (shouldn't be too hard, but you gotta shoot!)

So what do you think?
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Grand Master

I like ten shot groups from iron sight lever guns offhand at 50 yards. Anything else is gravy... If I have a gun that fits and the time to shoot, I'll post a target.

I've been playing in these postal matches for a few years now. Traditional turn out is pretty sparse. If you add too many categories, you run the risk of a lot of 1 or no entry classes.

Oh Please,make another one ,to end october 1st

Boolit Master

Alright! Here goes . . .

This is my first time doing this so bear with me!

Ok here are the Rules and Classes for the 2010 Summer Cast Boolit postal match.

This is for FUN & Bragging Rights!

Classes:

#1 - 100 yard - Scoped Rifle - Bench Rest
    #2 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Rifle - Off Hand
    #3 - 100 Yard - Scoped Handgun - Bench (scope or red-dot)
    #4 - 50 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Bench
    #5 - 25 Yard - Iron sight Handgun - Off hand
    #6 - 50 Yard - ANY sight .22 Rimfire - Bench (This is the ONLY exception for commercial bought ammo allowed!)
    #7 - 25 Yard - Youth (12 and under) ANY sight .22 Rimfire - Bench (This is the ONLY exception for commercial bought ammo allowed!)
    #8 - 50 Yard - Youth (13-17) ANY sight .22 Rimfire - Bench (This is the ONLY exception for commercial bought ammo allowed!)

Rules:

You can use any kind of target that you like.

10 Shot Groups In all Classes. (This is for group scoring not "x" ring type scoring, in other words the smallest group wins, not the highest score!)

Off hand Means OFF HAND, standing on your own feet, without a rest OF ANY KIND!

On the target write - Your screen name (123.DieselBenz) - what model and caliber your gun is (Rem 700 30/06 Etc) - What class is it for (#1 Etc) - What boolit you shot, what it is sized at, and what lube you used (Lyman #314299 - .312 - Speed Green - Etc) - Your load (CCI #200 - 50.1gr of IMR 7828 - R-P 30/06 case - Etc)

HAND CAST BOOLITS ONLY!!

Match ends October 3, 2010. I will wait till Oct 9th to post the winner!

One entry Per Class, Per member.

Send all targets to:

Shawn T. Waldmann
    1032 E Irene Circle
    Sunsites, AZ 85625
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 06-26-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Updating . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    Off hand Means OFF HAND, standing on your own feet, without a rest OF ANY KIND!
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but for clarification that means no slings as well correct?
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

Never did make Juniors match dang it, things got too busy but I will try to make this one!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but for clarification that means no slings as well correct?
    Correct.

No cross sticks, bi-pods . . . no friends shoulder . . . holding the gun in your own hands only, with long guns against the shoulder.

Boolit Master

Just in!

To sweeten the pot!

Bullshop wrote in the thread which just recorded the winners of the last postal match:

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Congrats to Legend on that smokin off hand HG group!!!!!
    Too bad we cant get more folks involved! Its not like this is high level pro stuff, just some shooters getting together for some fun by the only means affordable to them.
    Maybe some of the vendors could be persuaded to donate prises for the next match being run by 123.DieselBenz.
    To show good faith I will start it off by offering a 1lb cake of Speedgreen. It would be up to the person running the match to decide how to distribute prises or even if they want to bother with the added responsibility. They could go to class winners or by drawing names from all participants.
    I can ship now or ship to the winner at that time. Shipping now to the match holder would put a burden on the match holder to re pay shipping for prises at the end of the match.
    123.DieselBenz
    If this is OK with you you can post my donation offer at your match thread.
    I am not looking for credit for anything here but just trying to give a bit more incentive to those that thought they would join in the fun but didn't quite make it.
    Its all about this site of Ken's really.
    BIC/BS
    Even though this is "just for fun" a bit of good loob is always welcome!

Thank you Dan!

Boolit Grand Master

Is the 50 yard rimfire for rifles or pistols?

Boolit Master
    I think you should add special classes for the *youth* - maybe ages 10-13 and another one for 14-17 (or something) - we really need to help encourage the youth to keep shooting - and WOW! there are a lot of posters now - it took me *15* pages to find this thread --- there is NO reason why there are not a lot of participants in these postal matches --- come on sign up - it is all for fun -remember !!!

Tina- BS MOM

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Is the 50 yard rimfire for rifles or pistols?
    I was thinking rifles . . . but if you want to use a pistol . . . go ahead! Put that entry in really for the little ones, and figured that would be challenging for them . . . but I'm gonna separate it into a few categories now per Mrs. Bullshop . . . Thanks Tina! (We don't want the little ones out shooting us old guy & gals!)
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 06-01-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Can I shoot The 100 yard scoped pistol with a Iron sight pistol?

Boolit Master

Well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    Can I shoot The 100 yard scoped pistol with a Iron sight pistol?
    Yup! If that trips your trigger! Go for it . . . but If I were you and I owned a scoped handgun, I'd use it!

But you can't use a scoped gun in an iron site match . . .

Boolit Master

I was working on an entry for the scoped rifle match today. It appears that I am closing in on it. Here are 4 targets I fired with an old Rem roller in 38/55.
    I was using the NEI # 80 300gn tapered pointed boolit. Each target was burning a different powder. Powders used were Trail Boss, AA #5744, REL #7, and Varget.
    The Best target is 1.4" and the worst is 3.2". I know I know there are folks here that regularly do better with revolvers but well I just ain't that good.
    All I can say is talk is cheap and targets (honest)talk and BS walks. I see a lot of talking going on but not too many targets getting sent in. If this sounds close to home go ahead and make a fool out of me. By the way these are 10 shots groups fired at a lasered 100 yards. No baby steps now when you pace it off.
    If I am sounding a bit rude I am sorry but me thinks that is what it will take to get folks off thier butts and out to shoot some holes in paper with thier guns and not thier keyboards. Go ahead make my day!!!
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master
    WOW!!! I thought that would rattle some cages and get some response but nuthin!!!
    Some of you old guys that keep us all well informed about the tiny little groups you shoot via the keyboard stop for a minute and take your pulse cuz ya might have a problem with rigor mortis setting in soon.
    Funny that the CBA gets more participation from CB members than does CB from CB members and you have to pay for their targets.
    I have heard some say that they dont have to prove anything but that is not what it is about. What it is about is sharing and learning and comparing information.
    I dont know what else to say to motivate folks. Get out, shoot, send in a target with your load data and be a part of it. Why not?
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master

Thanks Dan!

I'm working on some stuff . . . Here is a target I shot this morning, nothing official, but maybe it will get some lead flying into paper! The wind was 10-15mph, gusting to 30 mph!

Fired three guns at "Poor Rabbit" from 25 yards . . .

First was my wife's Marlin 1894C w/buckhorn sights. (I just covered most of the rabbit with the bead!)
    Winchester 38 Spl brass (fired too many times to count!)
    Rem Small pistol primers
    4.6gr TrailBoss
    MiHec's 359-140gr
    Emmerts loob
    Shot the five "belly shots" 1.1883"

Second up was my Ruger 10/22 with 3X12 scope set at 10X aimed at it's eye, did I say it was windy?
    I was using a brand I had never heard of - Armscor Precision LR 36gr hp. 10 shots, in 1.203"

Third up was my Ruger SRH Alaskan in 44Mag 2.5" barrel!
    Starline 44 Mag
    Win LP
    11.1gr BlueDot
    MiHec's 503 Pentagon hp
    Emmerts loob
    Kinda scattered them! (I won't bother measuring those!) Lets just say that "Poor Rabbit" doesn't have much to worry about with the 44 mag! (Yet!) I'm new to 44 mag, I'll probably use my 6.5" blackhawk for the match though!

Kind amazing that I shot open sights better than the 10X scope!

Can anybody do better?!
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 06-13-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Grammer!

Ok what the heck lol. I need to find a load for my Marlin 1894 in .357 Mag with the NOE 360180 RNFP/GC for hunting loads with H-110 or W-296 and since it seems nobody has said load for it I will see what it can do and post pictures if it does better than the side of a barn lol.

I know it will shoot the Hornady 180Gr HP/XTP great but darn it I want CAST BOOLITS lol. So it might be a good field mouse rifle.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master
    I keep trying to get folks interested Shawn but not making much progress.

Jestergrin 1
    I am getting most excellent results with that boolit with 13gn Alliant Steel. I am shooting the HP version with fairly soft alloy so they are still close to 180gn.
    This load may be too hot for some small frame revolvers but its fine in my Ruger Bisley and Marlin 1894.

Banned

I think the matches are a great idea, and have been wanting to enter, just haven't had the time.

I have been working so much and because of family matters ,I have not shot at all for a month but I will get a couple of targets shot at and enter . I always loved these matches .Friendly competition with lead

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast