Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: International Lawn Steel shooting

Yep another perfect game congratulations ��. What a beautiful day it was. I got my new glasses and I can see again, took me two games to get my gun dialed in but finally did. I really love this game, even if I’m shooting bad I’m still having fun. You just don’t have a bad day doing something you love doing and the people that love doing it with you. What a great bunch of friends.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I know its old news for you, but I get excited still!!! LOL
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Great day today, we had 10, my wife shot awesome all day, tried a new game and it won, beat all 6 of us....lol , missed a perfect game by missing my 2nd to last shot, bummed, but a great game. We get to do this again Tuesday, and a tournament on Saturday, whew, shooting overload, I LOVE IT!!!! See everyone Tuesday!!! GPIDAHO, you down yet?
    Last edited by B1GB1RD; 07-23-2023 at 12:23 PM.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

17 yesterday, nice turnout, a few had to leave before the 4th set but hey, 17 is awesome, great weather again, and some great shooting, Saturday we have a tournament, gotta love it!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Thumbs up

images and video, please: all will be welcome !
    (specs. about handguns & loads, also...)
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
    images and video, please: all will be welcome !
    (specs. about handguns & loads, also...)
    HERES THE RULES PAGE, descibes calibers and FPS
    http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...%20Editing.pdf

go back 1 page in the middle is some videos, latest one is the last one on the page
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

We had 1 line today (6 shooters) and our buddy BigBird ( Robert) shot two perfect games in a row. Congratulations buddy nice shooting. It was a beautiful day we beat all four games, everyone was shooting good so with Robert shooting 2 perfect games and missing only 1 in the third game we had a blast.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Thank you Keith, it was a great day for sure, if my chair didnt break I would have loved to try to beat the record, but there is no complaining on my end! Great day indeed!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Tomorrow, Tuesday, we shoot, be there!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

15 today, bright and sunny 94, great day with great peeps, see ya next Tuesday!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Tomorrow is Tuesday, we get to shoot tomorrow and Saturday, looking forward to a great week.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Boy, I dont know if were stupid or dedicated, we must really love this game, I got in my Tahoe when we were done it was 106 degrees, I drove down the highway and it cooled off to a staggering 100 degrees, I knew it was warm today, but daaaaamn it man. We had 12 today, 2 solid lines for 3 of the 4 games, bunch had to leave but managed a 4th game with 6. Another great day with great peeps, just smoldering hot here in central Florida.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Not as bad today, but still 98, we had 13 today, split up into 3 lines, again, great day with great peeps, will do it again Tuesday! Be safe stay kool!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Yep I had a great day also, shot good, we had a new guy that helicopter Rob brought but he just couldn’t get the hang of it so he dropped out. We told him not to get discouraged that we all had a learning curve.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

1st game we had 10, then we had 3 show up and made 3 lines with 13 total, another awesome day at the range, see everyone next week!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

I actually had to miss today, they had 2 lines with a total of 11, Saturday is the 4th Saturday of the month so we shoot again.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Yep 11 shooters, with 5 regulars missing. We did have a new shooter today, Steve, he struggled but stuck with it. He is new to reloading and no casting experience. But determined to take it all in.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

[B]NEW GUY[B] oops, sorry, forgot the [B]FU@%IN&[B]. Absolutely the most critical person in every shooting game going on. Scorned, ridiculed, bullied, abused, ignored, exiled and generally treated poorly in most venues. In Lawnsteel they are pampered, coddled, cared for, guided, protected, educated, spoiled and of course ravaged of their nickles. Our newest *** is being mentored by two of the highest level ILSA participants. I would wager, none of the three even know one anothers last name. So it is in Lawnsteel. Steve will get the benefit of guidance from prestigious ILSA members. It has been my great blessing to see so many come into Lawnsteel and become skilled bulleteers. Mainstream shooting gamers, as a whole, are very secretive and stingy with any edge they believe gives them an advantage over their fellow competitors. Not the case in Lawnsteel. A huge overwhelming majority of Lawnsteel shooters, owe their acquired skill as Bulleteers, to other Lawnsteel players. Just now, every slug going downrange, playing Lawnsteel, is a handcast projectile. And made by an ILSA member. Learning to cast precision projectiles is not an intuitive skill. Neither is precision, high performance ammunition manufacture achieved by accident. Nearly all have been taught by fellow ILSA members. I personally, have lent my limited talents and been rewarded with students of exceptional achievements. They revel to beat the teacher but do not know my satisfaction of their excellence. So many "Really good shots" come play Lawnsteel and truly become "Really good shots". A chicken at 75 yds, with an open iron sight revolver, is "virtually impossible" to miss. With the name "Cast Boolits" it is a surprise to me that we are not inundated with the crowds of so called experts, to join in one of the very few games that cater to home cast boolits. My challenge is, to be a "Really good shot", come and make a called shot through the hole in the ram horn @ 75yds. Then tell everyone there, "I just got lucky". There is no other shooting game like Lawnsteel and the people playing it. I love this game!
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

I can attest to the generosity of gunarea as I was a recipient of his knowledge and guidance in being his grasshopper in the casting and reloading for this great shooting game of lawnsteel. He is also a trained gunsmith and has also mentored me in that area as I have become the armor for most of our members. And we do it for free. I am honored to be involved in this sport with such great and giving people. They are not just my friends but we are like a family, if someone needs help or needs something they are there. Like Roy said, you will never participate in a sport or activity we’re your competitors will help you and guide you to become better. The fellowship is the best and you cannot have as much fun with the ribbing and joking with a gun in any other shooting sport. I love this game, see you at the range.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

True to all, said, everyone has taught me so much, and if you have a question, post it in our chat and boom, answered, and probably a helping hand as well, ive known a lot of these guys through my store and other activities, Ive met new and talented people in the club, like pee wee said, its a family, we do things together, we help each other, and we take each others nickels like there no tomorrow...lol FUN times and great people, I am so glad I finally accepted the offer to come be a part of it!!!!!! Nothing like it in the world!!!! Thank you gentlemen, and ladies!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast