Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: International Lawn Steel shooting

So GA calls the no game, image that, well he lets me set the pops, great student I am, #1 was a few hits to go down, #7 was difficult, # 10 was still there at the end but was called down by the line judge, and #13, well ask poor Mike about that one, I think it was hit maybe 10 times and was still up. LOL great day great people, lots O razzin. Im out for a while I have knee surgery in the morning, stay safe shoot well!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

So I have been out sick for the last Tuesday and Saturday shoot but did get out today. It started out a little chilly for us but by the last game had warmed up to 70. We had 7 shooters today so we just took turns of 1 person staying out so we had a full 6 person line. Paul had a perfect game in the 3rd game, congrats to Paul. B1GB1RD was out with knee replacement surgery, from 5 days ago, and several others out under the weather. We are having our last 5 th Saturday in a month tournament this month with a pot luck lunch afterwards. Can’t believe it’s the end of another year. Went by and visited with B1GB1RD afterwards and he is on the road to recovery, he’s a little bored as he is a very active person but keeping busy.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Thanks PeeWee, it was great having you visit, I am extremally bored, but will continue to do what I can and do my PT so I can get back out and shoot again with out LNR family
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

It is my honor to be called a good friend of Jack Kalstad. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ilsa 017.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	321080

At 89 years old, he passed away. We knew each other for several years and competed against one another in a couple shooting disciplines. When Jack first heard of Lawnsteel, it was ignored and we were happy struggling to out shoot each other with shotguns. After five years of getting better acquainted, his curiosity finally brought him to come try playing Lawnsteel. This was the game he had never known was his true love. Just like every other thing of consequence in his life, Jack was compelled to do it and do it well. Any one privileged enough to have shot with or against him can tell you, he can shoot! Although Jack had shot competitively for many years, Lawnsteel competition was the only shooting game so revered by him, he would choke. Even when up against folks he had shot with for years and bested, Lawnsteel was too dear for him to not care. Always in the hunt, seldom on the podium. One of his rare placings in a small regional tournament was a third place and his first ILSA trophy. I was there and can testify to his thrill. For a shooter of his skill, it was fascinating, confounding, curious, funny and befuddling to witness such behavior. A purist of Lawnsteel the game, a nickle grubber and rat bastard rolled into a great supporter of ILSA. His membership number is 00001FM. FM stands for founding member. He will always be number 1 for all Lawnsteel players to emulate. If I get to heaven, for sure he will have a seat for me to play Lawnsteel with him.
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

He was before my time, but because of people like him, we have this great game, he will be missed.

on another note, 42-45 degrees in the AM, stay warm My ILSA family, I am working hard with the PT, be back soon to continue this great game!!!!
    Last edited by B1GB1RD; 12-19-2023 at 05:38 PM.
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

I too had the honor to know and shoot ILSA with Jack for 10 years. He was a very kindred person, always calm and always cheerful. He will be missed. Save me a seat Jack.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

We had 11 shooters today, it was a beautiful day out and we had a great day playing the game we love.
    Nancy brought breakfast sliders that were delicious and pecan sandie home made cookies.
    A good time was had by all. B1GB1RD is still out rehabbing a new knee. He is bored out of his goard.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
    See you at the range.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Bored is an understatement, but we have to do what we have to do to get better, I am in out patient PT now and I am progressing towards a come back, see ya soon, thanks for all the well wishes!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Oh boy we are having our last 5th Saturday of the month tournament tomorrow. It is a fun tournament, no competition but there will still be prizes, small caliber revolvers. Then a year ending pot luck luncheon. We have 16 committed shooters, B1GB1RD and B1GB1RDS CHICK are gonna try and come later in the day and enjoy the fellowship and have lunch with us if he fells up to it. So hope he is.
    I’ll post on how it went.
    See you at the range
    Pee Wee
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Here theres a big tournament tomorrow, guess Rusty has some fun stuff lined up! Little social gatherig after the shoot for some food and adult beverages! I wont be able to shoot but hoping if all goes good today to stop out and say hello to everyone. Be safe, shoot great, love the game!!!!!!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Good seeing everyone today, got to meet Oakie and his wife, see some action and spend some time with the ILSA family. Great food, great peeps, great times, man I miss this game!!!! Be back soon!!!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Yes, a fun time was had by all. My grandson was the winner he kicked our butts. Aw to have young eyes. The lunch was great. We had 14 shooters, Greg didn’t make it because of health issues, Kevin also was unable to make. B1GB1RD, and B1GB1RDS CHIC made it out to spectate the last game and have lunch with us. He is progressing nicely.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Got to shoot yesterday, it wasa little bit of a struggle with the knee, but the entire family helped me out. Shot pretty good for the 1st time back, it was much needed theropy...lol
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Well no shooting today, the rain has moved in. B1GB1RD is rehabbing nicely and is back shooting. This game is a good motivator for working to rehabilitate what ales you. Till next time.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Yes it is, and hopefully tomorrow I can make an appearence and rehab at the range...lol
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Hello to you B1GB1RD and Pee Wee. Sorry I haven't made it out to meet with you guys. I've been battling with some health issues that cause dizziness and total lack of energy. Have a good local doctor running test. Still hope to make it out just to say hello if too shaky to shoot. Best Gp

Hello GP, we are shooting Saturday, if you can’t drive I’ll come get you. Let me know. I’ll pm you my cell number.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Yeah, GP, really want to have you come out and meet everyone, and if able to shoot! Hope you get to feeling better!
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

The Gary Tour (scramble)

This is a tribute to the author of the Numbers game.

Three games will be played. Each shooting group will relocate and compete on each of the three shooting lines for one game. The numbers game in ascending order will be the format for all games. Small caliber will be the class for firearms used to play. Each player, in turn, will draw a predetermined amount of target scramble slips from all three target classifications. Lollipop, arbitrary, animal. Each of these slips will have a specific target listed on it. During the normal course of play, a player that makes a legitimate down target of one of their listed scramble slips, will hand that slip, signed, to the presiding Linejudge. At the end of each game, Linejudges will submit these signed scramble slips to the presiding Rangemaster. Totals for the day will determine placements and appropriate awards.

TIES; A shootout will be held on range two. Numbers game format and the competitors will employ “**** YOUR BUDDY”, “MOCK”, sudden death, shot call.

March 30, 2024 Firearm and ammo inspection opens at 8:19:22a.m.

Preregister $8 Day of shoot $10

Parking is limited. Bring a camera

Questions, comments, suggestions and complaints will be answered, heard, considered and ignored.
    Once again, Captain Happy has pulled one from his butt, come have a roaring good time shooting handguns.
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

This looks like fun!

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast