RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: International Lawn Steel shooting

Boolit Master

Awesome thanks a lot i really appreciate it i will be putting it to good use
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Good luck with your load development.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

We have two new shooters. Mark and Kevin. Mark has been shooting with us for the last 4 times and Kevin shot for the first time today. They both have the bug. They both are suffering the *** hibbie jibbies, but both remain enthusiastic. We typically are shooting 2 lines regularly now. It’s nice to have the new bay with 2 lines. Hopefully when the virus is over Orville will be back and can take some videos and post them.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Pee Wee
    I was thinking about you guys Today I got the ok from my activity planer to go send some lead down range so with 100 rounds of new 44 brass loaded up THANK YOU I went to my range it's about a 1 1/2 drive but was a good day just to get out and shoot some steel hopefully I will be able to go back next week with my new to me Contender barrel Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20200520_130459.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	262483

Nice. How did it go?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

It went well I was having some issues with my rear sight it was stuck I was shooting left about 4" at 40 yards after I got home I was able
    to free it up Looking forward to going back soon with my Contender barrel and stepping it off to 75 yards

The distance to the first line of targets is 52 yards. Then you can set the remaining 2 lines where you want them. Ours are 5 yards apart.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

So how far away is the furthest i was thinking that you guys were shooting at 100 yards plus

Boolit Master

How big are your targets

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    So how far away is the furthest i was thinking that you guys were shooting at 100 yards plus
    Our furthest target is 70 yards.
    So the target set up is the challenge. The lollipops are in the front row and nothing can break the line between them there are 19 lollipops. Then Behind them there are the arbitrary targets. There are 4 hearts, 4 spades, 4 diamonds, 4 clubs and 12 kwits. Then behind them there are animal targets, 2 rams, 3 geese, 4 turkeys, 4 chickens, 4 pigs, a Mickey Mouse head and a joe corpsman head. The challenge is to be able to hit a target that is in a row behind another target. If you go watch the videos a couple of pages back or on our web site you can see the set up. Also the target set is always different. From day to day and game to game. The targets are different sizes. The lollipops are about the size of a salad plate, the rams are life size and to knock them down you must hit them in the crown of the horn. It’s hard to explain the targets with out being there and see them. Also there are different variations of games so that adds an element of difficulties also. This is why I love this game, it’s the most fun you can have shooting a gun, and the most satisfying. You just need to come down here and shoot with us.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    How big are your targets
    The size varies depending on the group.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

To keep up with times and be politically correct we may need to make a few changes to Lawnsteel play. A mask for Joe corpsman and sling shots to pass nickels. I am hating this dam virus. Didn't get to shoot yesterday. That sux!! Have to consider herd health. Although most of the herd is so frickin stupid, a genetic cleansing might not be a bad thing. Sorry to rant, not shooting, is a root cause of Lawnsteel inception.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

With this virus pandemic it has cut down on our participation. We were up to 10 to 12 people. Lately we have been down to 6 which is one line but as of this week it looks like we have lost 3 more people to self isolation. We are suppose to shoot tomorrow. Don’t know how many we will have but you need 3 to shoot the game. We’ll see.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

We have been getting 6 people regularly sometimes 7. So we continue to shoot our regular schedule. Every Tuesday and the 2nd and 4th Saturday. We only had one of our shooters exposed to a person that had come down with the virus and that person self contained and got tested and came back negative. Most all of us were tested and all came back negative. So we continue to meet and shoot. The hurricane did not effect us here in Central Florida at all. We prepared by taking down the canvases on our cover. Better safe than sorry. Until next time, see you at the range, I love this game.
    Pee Wee
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Glad you guys are well me and my wife tested positive a little over 2 weeks ago i have never been so tired before my wife was just fine she just had a slight headache

Sorry to here that. Hope all goes well.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Thanks Pee Wee we are doing better day by day

Lawnsteel Players
    Such an unassuming title assigned to precision bulleteers. Current Lawnsteel players are all competent precision ammunition manufacturers. Most are such only after being introduced to this gun shooting game. Without exception, they are all capable of hitting a chicken target in the head at 70+yds with an iron sighted handgun. I personally watch it done every week. Information concerning their precision ammunition is not controlled as a secret to get an edge over other competitors. Generally this is immediately provided, detailed, concise and based upon actual hands on experience. Secure in their achievement of superior marksmanship, they leave their egos at the check in station. Adrenaline rush is replaced with laughter and comradery. Just now, every Lawnsteel player employs home cast projectiles. This is through choice, not rule. Lawnsteel rules do not prohibit any style of projectile. The game is considered just that, a game! Play! No make believe, no pretend, no choreography, no bad guys, no macho, no arms race, just fun. Top shooters in other disciplines watch briefly and move away quickly. Most are intimidated by the "I don't give a s#!t attitude" and extended ranges with no scope, no red dot, no quick point. Just acquired skill of eye hand and the assured knowledge a "Bulleteer" possess. Go tell a Lawnsteel player you are a really good shot, see how that works out.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

We had another great day of shooting lawnsteel. We actually had a nice breeze today. It’s always a day I look forward to, good fellowship, good shooting and the most fun you can have with with a gun. I love this game.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Our numbers are down but we carry on. Due to COVID concerns we are missing a few regulars, you know who you are, you are greatly missed. Plus, we are missing a couple of shooters with other health issues, we miss you to. I wanted to take a minute to explain why ILSA is so important to me personally. Besides the fact that it’s just plan fun, and tons of laughs at yourself and at others, it’s a serious challenge. You need a gun your comfortable with, you need to learn reloading and all it’s’ nuances, and then the fine tuning begins. Because, no scopes are allowed the concentration required to get the sight picture and trigger pull perfect every time is a challenge every time. This past May marked my third year shooting ILSA and I’m still chasing the perfect game. Fortunately the group, one and all are very helpful in a razzing sort of way.

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast