Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: S&W M350 7-shot revolver caliber .350 Legend

Boolit Master

S&W M350 7-shot revolver caliber .350 Legend

I just read Terry Wieland's article on this gun in the latest Handloader (#350). It uses 7-shot moon clips. Headspaces on the mouth of the cartridge case. It uses the big X frame like the .500 and .460 mag.
    Is this going to be another rare gun, like the .22 Jet? Because it does not work very well?
    Terry is not happy with it.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Boolit Buddy
    Ain't gonna lie, it sounds silly and I'd take a long gun or a .44 magnum before I screwed around with that.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have not read the article, but I don't forsee them becoming common.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master

Plan on it being available for only 2 or so years!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    Ain't gonna lie, it sounds silly and I'd take a long gun or a .44 magnum before I screwed around with that.
    I was kind of interested in one until reading about how it’s only marginally more powerful than a .44 Mag. The 350 Legend losses its luster out of a shorter barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Main thing I don’t like is the price tag. Next is factory rounds use 0.355” bullets instead of 0.357”

Weren’t the maximum revolvers discontinued because of all the commotion about top strap cutting? Isn’t this cartridge longer and hold a little more of the same powder? How is it okay now but not back then?

Headspaces on the case mouth. Don’t revolvers usually get a roll crimp to prevent bullet pulling from recoil? 30 Carbine works, but it’s a little less recoil.

I’ll wait for the 360 Buckhammer revolvers to come out. They got the bullet diameter correct and have a proper rim.