Lee PrecisionGraf & SonsStainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2
ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243

Thread: Citric acid brass cleaner

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2011redrider View Post
    Most of the bedding I find in my local pet shops is too coarse and sticks in the primer flash holes. I use blast media in a 20-40 grit and is much smaller with no problems in the flash holes. Last bag of corn I got was from McMaster & Carr for about a buck a lb after shipping. Split it with 3 reloaders since it was 40 lbs. Or Harbor Freight for Walnut in 25 lb boxes is about 18-20 when on sale and 20% coupon, the fine grit works.
    Yup and you can even order this online at the Walmart site.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

Pretty purplish/pinkish/violet brass! All because there were a dozen or so steel cases (with copper wash covering) in my crockpot. Filled it up with 9mm/.380 brass from the indoor range after de-priming. Let it cook for a while, stirring now and then. Took pot outside after pouring off the cleaning mix of citric acid, dawn dish detergent and water. The steel cases were scattered throughout, of course, so everything in their vicinity got hit. Oh well, it won't change the performance of the ammo but I hate to see that colorful mix in my brass. Anyway, its all nice and clean. A word to the wise. Big Boomer
    Last edited by Big Boomer; 08-28-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boomer View Post
    Pretty purplish/pinkish/violet brass! All because there were a dozen or so steel cases (with copper wash covering) in my crockpot. Filled it up with 9mm/.380 brass from the indoor range after de-priming. Let it cook for a while, stirring now and then. Took pot outside after pouring off the cleaning mix of citric acid, dawn dish detergent and water. The steel cases were scattered throughout, of course, so everything in their vicinity got hit. Oh well, it won't change the performance of the ammo but I hate to see that colorful mix in my brass. Anyway, its all nice and clean. A word to the wise. Big Boomer
    Have had the same thing w 223 cases. Now I use the magnet over unknown cases and they pop right up.
    Have rewashed the brass and all the staining was removed.

Boolit Master

2011redrider: It will have to wait until the next wash. However, I will forever remember the headstamp: FM 9mm Luger. Just to be on the safe side in case I forget due to my age, I'm keeping one of those buggers on my reloading bench. Big Boomer

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243