RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: july 10

Boolit Buddy

july 10

Are there any matches shoots, gatherings, rodeo's etc from 16-25 July in the Western Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, or Northern Colorado? I will be headed that way on vacation with my family plus my Mother in law and nephew from Germany. My nephew is big into horses, rodeo's and the old west.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Vendor Sponsor
    Don't know myself but though I would give this a bump. There has to be something. Keep bumping someone will chime in.

ammohead

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Too bad you weren't going to be in Montana the end of June. The Augusta rodeo is one of the most enjoyable I have ever been to.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Check out this page: http://www.prorodeo.com/ and look at the schedule section. I am sure you can find something in the general area you described during that time. I do know a lot of the really big rodeo's happen during the 4th of July weekend.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Check the AAA website. They have listings of events in various states.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy

Thanks! I will check them but I am also looking for some of the smaller less tourist attractions to. Anytime I can haul guns across the country for some good old fasion shooting is a plus.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Master

Cheyenne Frontier Days is right in the middle of the time frame you asked about.
    It runs from July 20th to Aug. 1st.
    As far as rodeo's go, it's the "granddaddy of 'em all".
    http://www.cfdrodeo.com/schedule.aspx
    Last edited by Matt_G; 05-03-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderator Emeritus

Our town has held a Ranchers Roundup for the last 10 years. local ranchers get together and rope, ride, milk range cows and have hide races. Sadly it has gone to a NRA rodeo this year without too much ado as the town council thinks it will draw more faces from outside.
    Whitehall Frontier days, Whitehall MT should be the 3rd week of July. My life gets crazy in the summers but would be glad to spend a morning at the range with you.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy

This is looking like it could be a great vacation.

Boolit Buddy
    Wiersy

Every Wed and Thursday there's a cowgirl rodeo in either Buffalo or Sheridan. But you picked the right dates The Wyo Rodeo is in Sheridan that week. Its a Prca rodeo with the Indian relay races. Now if you want to see something get western those races are it. For a full schedule look up WYO Rodeo .com A Very good rodeo and not a bad seat in the place. You could look up Little Big Horn reenactment and find those dates and The crow fair I don't know the dates but both are interesting. And every town out here has a museum.

Jerry

Jerry

Boolit Man
    When I lived in Colorado you could take a ride on any weekend and go to any small town in a three or fur state area and find some sort of rodeo. Every local school had their own rodeo and dance. Just drive around and have a good time wildthing