RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: 3 projects, which first

Boolit Master

3 projects, which first

I have 3 projects in the works right now and am trying to decide which to do first, can only do one at a time or none will get done in a reasonable time. I have to barrels to make for my TCR 87, one would be a 22-30-30, the other a 45-70 necked down to 9.3 mm. That may change to a 45-110 or 120, and I am going to make a swage press ala ANeats.
    So that is my dilemma, what say you all ????
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master

Talking

My answer depends on what you are going to use the barrels for. A 45-70 necked down to 9.3 would be close to a 375 JDJ with 444 Marlin cases and has a lot of load data. The 45-110 or 45-120 would be expensive and are too large for any thing but black powder and I would opt for a 45-70 or 45-90. The 22-30-30 would be like a 219 Zipper or close to a 225 Winchester.

Moderator Emeritus/Boolit Master in Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    My answer depends on what you are going to use the barrels for. A 45-70 necked down to 9.3 would be close to a 375 JDJ with 444 Marlin cases and has a lot of load data. The 45-110 or 45-120 would be expensive and are too large for any thing but black powder and I would opt for a 45-70 or 45-90. The 22-30-30 would be like a 219 Zipper or close to a 225 Winchester.
    What he said. It sounds like you're going to a lot of trouble to make up things that essentially already exist. Ask yourself what advantages they offer over the already existing rounds. But hey, they're your guns. If you like the answer to that question, go for it. But be darn sure you answer that question right!
    Regards,

Molly

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson