RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: fedx did me right

Banned

fedx did me right

I had two guns needing repair a smith ar22 that started going off full tilt and my montado that blew the front blade off. Smith sent me a fedx lable for the ar so i figured i might as well use them to send the handgun to ruger. I thought they were suppose to go by air but the lady filled the tag out and told me 12 bucks and it would be there by friday via ground. I didnt say anything but wondered if she just didnt know the rules. Im a bad boy and often send in gun in flat rate boxes through the po even though its illegal but if this is the case why take the chance.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Lloyd, I prefer Fedex to UPS because of less anality, faster, often cheaper, and easier to get to from where I live. Still, shipping satisfaction is very dependent upon which Fedex or UPS employee the luck of the draw brings you. I recently sent a pistol to a dealer and had asked at the Fedex office how much. I was told $X for ground service by one employee, but when I came back the next day with the pistol I was forced to pay $3X for overnight air. Luckily, the pistol buyer offered to stand the price increase, so I met him halfway. And they wonder why some of us use creative nomenclature in describing contents!
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 04-29-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: omission
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon View Post
    Lloyd, I prefer Fedex to UPS because of less anality, faster, often cheaper, and easier to get to from where I live. Still, shipping satisfaction is very dependent upon which Fedex or UPS employee the luck of the draw brings you. I recently sent a pistol to a dealer and had asked at the Fedex office how much. I was told $X for ground service by one employee, but when I came back the next day with the pistol I was forced to pay $3X for overnight air. Luckily, the pistol buyer offered to stand the price increase, so I met him halfway. And they wonder why some of us use creative nomenclature in describing contents!
    precision machined parts.....
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Lead casting extrusion machine..............

Galena Delivery System

toxic heavy metal delivery system ??? maybe not the best description

Boolit Master
    My experience with Fed-X here in Canada has been positive! UPS on the other hand are a bunch of rip-off artists!!!
    R.D.M.