Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lever in 9mm

Boolit Bub
    I went with the Marlin 1894 in 357 Mag:

Last edited by strahd_zarovich; 06-18-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Moved the PIC

Boolit Grand Master
    You'll enjoy that 357 Magnum levergun a lot!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub
    I plan to shoot 38spl with it. I wanted to take it to the range today but got lazy after work.

I will let everyone know tomorrow how she feels.

strahd, tomorrow has done come and is ancient history. How did it shoot for you? One nice thing is you can shoot some pretty light loaded .38 spcl ammo for plinking and whatever then go to a slower powder with a heavy boolit and get some amazing power out of the .357 case. Beautiful gun!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Bub
    Sorry I didn't say anything earlier, but here you go.

First the thing shoots great from the get go. It was a little low out of the box but was shooting fine in no time. I was shooting some really light loaded 38spl. There was basically no kick at all which surprised me (first time ever shooting 38). I plan to pick up some 357 Mag and loading some hotter 38 to see what that does.

Ok now for the other side of this rifle. The action was a little ruff and could use some smithing to make it a little smoother. I do get some jams if I try to cycle the rifle really quick.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up the same rifle and I have a question. Since I shoot the action game with a revolver, I use nothing but RN bullets for their ease of loading, 8 at a time via moon clip. My question is are RN bullets ok to use in a lever gun? I thought they were ok, but wanted to make sure. I have seen Jacketed RN bullets with a bit of lead exposed onthe tip for the 30-30 so I figure if it's ok in that caliber, that it would likely be ok in this pop gun (comparitively)

Banned

sarge
    lay some on the bench end to end.
    strahd.
    go shoot about 500 more rounds then evaluate.

Boolit Bub
    runfiverun - I never do anything to a gun until it has close to 500 rounds down them.

Boolit Master
    500 rounds? for me that's 3 matches or two practice sessions.. I'm itchin' to go shoot my new aquisition.... I have some nice plinkers loaded for it.. leftover Icore practice ammo set up for my 627 and Winny primers... Don't want to waste the Federal primed ammo that is for the lightened 627 trigger..

Boolit Bub
    OK So I went to the range today with my first 38spl loads.

Winchester SRP
    6 gr. of HS-6
    Beanies 125 Cast Hard Lead

I should have put something up to this to make things easier. This was 10 shots unsupported.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12