WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: black in 35 rem.

Perma-Banned

black in 35 rem.

probably wouldn't wanna do it much due to the cleanin' factor but i'm sure someone's tried it. who's tried black in their 35rem? thinkin' about tryin' it in my marlin but know there's sometimes drawbacks with black in bottleneck cases so was wonderin' what if any there were. any help greatly appreciated and have a good'en neighbors, bubba.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Never tried black in the 35. Altho I think it could maybe work alright not much point to it that I can think of.
    The thing with bn cartridges and blackpowder is to keep the powder level above the base of the neck so the bottom of the wad and bullet aren't attacked from the sides by the powder going off. That's going to be a tough deal to pull off in the short necked 35, it's also going to almost demand a pretty short bullet to still be able to cycle thru the action.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Perma-Banned
    thanks for the input don. as my wife would be glad to tell ya-ain't much point to a lot of stuff i do. gettin' more into black and just thought maybe someday i'd try it in the 35 as that's closest thing to a "cowboy gun" that i have. as i said, don't really like cleanin' after black so wouldn't be doin' much or very often. also, would probably just spg some of the gas-checked boolits i've got. thanks again and anyone else got an opinion feel free to chime in. have a good'en neighbors, bubba.