Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything PBcastco

Thread: Spanish 93 floor plate

Spanish 93 floor plate

Did the Oviedo 93 7x57 Mauser use a hinged floor plate? Mine has one with the release on the side of the trigger guard in the form of a flush cupped button. I can't tell if it is factory or well done custom work? The trigger guard bow is streamlined. I owned one 40 yrs ago and a Orbendorf Turkish 93 20 yrs ago and I don't think they had it.( I don't trust my memory) Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    I have a 1916 Spanish mauser that has the hinged floorplate and have seen many '93s that had the same thing.
    But I have never run across a Turk with one

Thanks. Mine is a 1916 then. It's stamped 1926.

Boolit Master
    I had an Oviedo 93 with an original hinged floor plate. The release was just like the Oberndorf latch but none of the parts were as well made as the German stuff.
    I have seen several others in the last 50 years but people always ask a premium for them and like my original rifle the bores are like sewer pipes.

In fact my rifle had been lined with a press fit liner. There was no solder holding it in place. That shows you how poorly the Spaniards maintained their rifles since the rifling in the liner was almost completely gone - meaning it was the second bore to be ruined on that rifle.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    I have a Oviedo 93 action made in 1904 that has the original floor plate. It is not hinged, has the removable plate with the recessed button in front of the trigger guard. It's almost identical to the Swede 96 floor plate.

Dave

Thanks guys. It must be a 1916 feature. I'm not a big fan of hinged floor plates but it can stay...

m1916 guarda civile converted to 7.62 -- unhinged floorplate with release in front of trigger guard.
    However it has so many mismatched bits it is hard to say what was original --

Boolit Master
    I have a pair of M1916 Spanish Mausers...one has the hinged floorplate with the latch in the side of triggerguard..and the other has the more usual Mauser type floorplate that has the latch ahead of triggerguard and comes off when unlatched and slid back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I have a pair of M1916 Spanish Mausers...one has the hinged floorplate with the latch in the side of triggerguard..and the other has the more usual Mauser type floorplate that has the latch ahead of triggerguard and comes off when unlatched and slid back.
    Haha that clears it up! Mausers are non pigeonhole able. Best, Thomas.