Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 303 Brit brass, preferences?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    Canuck Bob, please forgive us for taking your thread a little off topic!

In fact, this thread has turned into a very interesting and informative thread on bedding the Lee Enfield. It's taking on the qualities of a sticky. Perhaps we should ask the moderators to split it into a 'Lee Enfield Bedding' thread and make that a sticky?

Great information!
    If someone can lift images from some of the linked to PDF files and post those it would help. Of course you'd have to check the copyright status.
    British government publications have what amounts to a permanent Crown Copyright, but its seldom enforceable in the case of military manuals, in other publications a book may no longer be copyright protected but the images remain the intelectual propery of the photographer or artist.

Information itself can not be copyright protected, only the individual's literary or artistic contribution.
    For copyright protected literature limited quotations are allowable for instructive purposes.

The US limits long term copyright protection, with anything printed before 1910 fair game and most books printed in the WW1 era are also fair game, though not all.
    In some instances a scan of a book printed before WW1 can be public domain, but a scan of a recent reprint of the same book is protected and can't be posted.
    Some books that are public domain in the US are still under copyright in the UK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    If someone can lift images from some of the linked to PDF files and post those it would help. Of course you'd have to check the copyright status.
    British government publications have what amounts to a permanent Crown Copyright, but its seldom enforceable in the case of military manuals, in other publications a book may no longer be copyright protected but the images remain the intelectual propery of the photographer or artist.

Information itself can not be copyright protected, only the individual's literary or artistic contribution.
    For copyright protected literature limited quotations are allowable for instructive purposes.

The US limits long term copyright protection, with anything printed before 1910 fair game and most books printed in the WW1 era are also fair game, though not all.
    In some instances a scan of a book printed before WW1 can be public domain, but a scan of a recent reprint of the same book is protected and can't be posted.
    Some books that are public domain in the US are still under copyright in the UK.
    Dear Ol' Buddy

The books and manuals you are referring to were scanned and converted to .pdf format by me, and YOU had nothing to do with it.

In order for something to be copyrighted the laws between two countries must be reciprocal regarding the information. The United States does not copyright its military manuals because our Constitution starts off "We the people" meaning our government belongs to the people including the printed military manuals. (Show me a single copyrighted American military manual)

The posted Canadian manuals at Milsurps are there because I wrote to the Canadian Government asking if I could post them in my manual stickies. Also please note that Milsurps.com is a Canadian website and the owner is NOT breaking any copyright laws.

Six years ago you couldn't find a single Enfield manual anywhere on the internet because someone who sells Enfield books at his website didn't want any competition. This person emailed Parallaxbills and Gunboards complaining that I was breaking Canadian copyright laws and I lost my entire manual sticky at Parallaxbills and half my sticky at Gunboards.

Then YOU show up posting a link to Jim Sweets book "Competitive Rifle Shooting" at Gunboards where I had a manual sticky. I had been asked to remove this book by the daughter of Jim Sweet because she extended the copyright and was going to put it back in print.

The problem Ol' Buddy was the link you posted at Gunboards (http://comcast.net/~ehorton/sweet.pdf) had my name in it and YOU just couldn't figure out your name wasn't Ed Horton and what was in my file storage locker at comcast.net did not belong to you. Then you made the brilliant excuse you were colorblind and couldn't see my name in the link.

So now "Ol' Buddy" that I have made it clear about why we are such "close friends" and that you have selective color blindness maybe the forum members here will understand things a little better.

So let me clear it up for you again, 95% of the books and manuals you see on the Internet today on the Enfield rifle were brought here by me after a long war. These same manuals were donated to the Italian website Euroarms during this war so I could post the links in my signature block and state that Canada had not declared war on Italy.

So again "Ol' Buddy" YOU had nothing to do with these books and manuals, you didn't pay to get them here, you didn't fight to keep them here nor did you scan them and convert them to .pdf format.

What you did do was read these books and manuals I provided and read the postings I and other people did at other websites and then try and pass this information off as your own. And now you have the audacity to talk about copyright protection after pulling that stunt at Gunboards and trying to stir up even more problems about the Enfield material I provided.

Get a life Multigunner AKA Alfred, AKA Gunnersam, AKA Temperflash you are writing checks and your account has been empty for a very long time.

Now show me anything you have donated about the Enfield rifle and fought to keep it here for other people to download and read free of charge.

A fine member of the forum was able to sell me once fired IVI brass for my rifle. It is in excelent condition. I am very happy to be usiing Canadian brass.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345