Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Astorbilt MIA?

Morgan Astorbilt MIA?

I was searching and noticed an older post by Morgan and realized he hasn't been around. I looked and his last post was like June 09 and last checked in on 11/09. Nothing in his posts that to go on. I liked his posts as he was a wealth of gun knowledge.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Buddy

Same with Lumpie. Hasn't been on since 11/07/09. Sent him a PM around the holidays-- no response. Afraid to call, I know he had medical problems.
    Bullshot
    Bob
    You make your own reputation. No one makes it for you.
    NRA Benefactor

In Remembrance

Last communication I had with Lumpie, quiet a while ago, his wife was very ill and consuming all his time. I know his own health was not good. I hope both of these guys are OK.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Since many of us will never see 60 again this might be something for the powers that be to check out. Would there be a way for ALL members to give the site a contact # if we are not heard from in a while. At the time most of us would be missed we just might need all the prayers this place can generate to get us back and posting again.

In Remebrance

Many moons back there was a sort of drive to get something like that set up, letting someone know to contact this place if we kicked off. Not a bad idea.

Boolit Master

I resemble those remarks!

Sounds like a plan.

Lots of us drive interstates every day and that creates a possible issue does not care about age.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Moderator Emeritus

My wife has instructions as where to post and what to do with my casting stuff in event of my unforeseen demise.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

It would be nice if we could Leave a contact phone # available to only the mods or Willy/Ken to be used only for situations like this. It would be nice to know if one of our little "family" here were in dire straights or deceased. Then a Cast Boolits sympathy card could be sent. Maybe we should have an MIA sticky.
    Jay

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Flower fund

At the shop I work at we have a small "shop ran " store not much just pop chips cigs candy ect... but a % of all sales goes toward a flower fund just in case. You don't always have the funds when thing happen so this takes away the burden. Plus it's from the gang at work so all are included.
    Maybe we could set something like that up here? A $1.00 a year dues"voluntary" would go a long way toward flowers & card. Just a thought

"That guns do more than protect us from criminals; more importantly, they protect us from the ongoing threat of government."
    Lyn Nofziger

I'm Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    I was searching and noticed an older post by Morgan and realized he hasn't been around. I looked and his last post was like June 09 and last checked in on 11/09. Nothing in his posts that to go on. I liked his posts as he was a wealth of gun knowledge.
    Jay
    Thanks for the compliment, Jay. Due to some arm twisting by my better half, about 2-1/2 yrs. ago, we moved to a retirement community (Sun City, Carolina Lakes) Indian Land, SC, about 90mi. from my home (shop, rifle and pistol ranges, etc.) in the NC foothills.
    Kept the other place, but it became a bit much to drive back and forth, to do a bit of shooting or reloading.

I've recently joined the nearby Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club, and am in the process of shooting up my stock of reloads, forcing me to figure out a way to bring some casting and reloading equipment down here, and set up portable take-down units, the way I did when first married, and living in an apartment.

I expect to be back contributing to these forums, where I can be of help.

Morgan

In Remembrance

mroliver77 posted this almost a year and a half ago so it has been a while since you were here.
    With no further ado allow me to be the first to say Welcome Back, and glad to meet you on line.

In Remebrance

Boy, it's really a relief to see you Morgan! Welcome home, glad you're back!

Boolit Master

Glad to see you back, Morgan.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Sometimes change just sucks!! Glad to see you are O.K. and back on line. Have a great day!!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Glad you're back and OK
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Master

When you shoot up the supplies, take a "vacation" to the old place and cast a bunch ! or maybe you could teach the craft to some of the boys at the new club ? You could have a class and let them cast you a few thousand while they learn - like whitewashing Tom Sawyer's fence !

Good to see you are still around Morgan!

A lot of us are getting older and when one of us goes missing one wonders if they have maybe signed on to their last forum.
    Jay

Thomas Paine

Banned

Don't scare us like that! Glad you're back.

Might I make a plug for the Lee Breech-lock hand press? You can keep all the stuff you need to reload several calibers including the press in something the size of a plastic tool box and still be able to carry it easily if you didn't load it up with too many boolits. I made a range kit that includes reloading block, powder measure, stand, two digital powder scales with wind baffle, several sets of dies with extra breech-lock bushings, Lee dippers, powder, hand primer, primers, and when I go to the range I carry a separate box with boolits and brass in it. You could add the Lee cast trimmers, primer pocket cleaner, fine steel wool, and chamfer tool as well to complete your case-cleaning duties and that would all fit in the box as well. Just an idea to help save space, no bench required other than a TV tray or side table to set up your loading block and powder charging equipment.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

Hi Morgan,

Good to hear from you again. Sorry about the move, but that sort of thing is out there
    downstream waiting for all of us. Best wishes on getting a new setup.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Thanks to all for the big welcome back.
    Gear, the new house is small, with no basement, but I've got a workbench across the rear wall of the garage. It's one of those made with a butcher block top, spanning two roll away-style cabinets, sold by Sam's Club. This forms a knee hole, and I plan to mount my presses and powder measures, on foot long lengths of 1" oak boards, and just clamp them to the top, as needed. I've got progressive presses for the calibers I shoot a lot. Dillon SD's in .45acp, .45LC., and .38spl. and a Hornady in .38-40. I think I posted photos of these on a thread where I showed how to install an inexpensive $5 shop numerical counter as an alternative to the $$$Dillon counter. Serious rifle loads, and case forming will be done as always, back in my shop with my heavy single stage presses, as will my shot-shell loading, on my MEC 9000.

Morgan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast