Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: buckshot

buckshot

I loading up 1 "00" buckshot to test and the buckshot is making indentations on the outside of hull. Is this normal? stacking 3 rows of 3 in WinAA super-handicap hull.

In Remembrance

If it chambers OK I wouldn't worry about it.

I stack 4 rows of 3 and don't have the indintations you are talking about. It all depends of the wad/powder/hull you use. If the wad is too tall it will cause indintations/protruding from the case. Rem STS or any of the similar Rem hulls are way less prone to bulges from buckshot or slugs. JMHO.

Boolit Master
    Are you using a shot cup??? I have to cut the petals off with double aught. IIRC, 1B nestles inside a standard wad without having to cut...

Dan

Yep wad is too high. I've found that "00" with wad petals is best stacked in rows of 2 for 8 pellets. Using "0" shot you can should be able to do 3 stacks of 3.

Yep cut the pedals off, I had the same issue, problem solved.
    "And finally, the Baby Bear looked and he said, "Somebody's sleeping in my bed, and the bastard's still there!" But Goldylocks had a Remington semi-automatic, with a scope and a hair-trigger!"

Boolit Buddy
    Can someone tell me the difference in diameter or the diameters of 00 buck and 000 buck, I bought a box of federals made for the Judge and they were listed as 000 buck, and if my memory serves me right, good one huh? they miked around .355 or so, I can't find a chart anywhere. BTW if your going to get a Judge and plan to shoot scattershot, stay with the short barrels, mine is 6" but I wanted it for buck and slugs, they feel alot lighter than they look, took me almost 6 months to save up for the thing..............steg

Hi,
    My load:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bior pallettoni.jpg   ricarica4.jpg   ricarica7.jpg  

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by steg View Post
    Can someone tell me the difference in diameter or the diameters of 00 buck and 000 buck,
    Buckshot sizes:
    4 - .24" - 6mm
    3 - .25" - 6.4mm
    2 - .27" - 6.9mm
    1 - .30" - 7.6mm
    0 - .32" - 8.1mm
    00 - .33" - 8.4mm
    000 - .36" - 9.1mm
    0000 - .38" - 9.7mm
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy
    Yep wad is too high. I've found that "00" with wad petals is best stacked in rows of 2 for 8 pellets. Using "0" shot you can should be able to do 3 stacks of 3.
    This has been my experience too, using Winchester hulls--otherwise the bulging prevents the round from chambering in my guns. I do get homemade 00 buck to stack in threes using Fed Top Gun hulls and WAA12R wads.

Banned
    Hello Raffica I would like to know what shot cup you used in the picture. I do have and use those BPI OP wads. Posting the pictures really help us all visualize things far better.
    Thank you.
    Ajay
    www.PreciousVideoMemories.Com

Quote Originally Posted by VdoMemorie View Post
    Hello Raffica I would like to know what shot cup you used in the picture. I do have and use those BPI OP wads. Posting the pictures really help us all visualize things far better.
    Thank you.
    Ajay
    www.PreciousVideoMemories.Com
    Hello VdoMemorie.
    Thanks, I'm glad to be helpful.
    The wad is made here in Italy by Gualandi. Perhaps it is also in the USA.
    It's called "Borra Bior Palettoni" (Wad Bior Buskshot) and a height of 18 mm (.708")is perfect for this reload.
    I cloned the Ammo Fiocchi HV 11\0 (http://www.fiocchi.gr/hunting.html )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 232281.jpg  

Loading sequence

All the steps to load :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ricarica1.jpg   ricarica2.jpg   ricarica3.jpg   ricarica4.jpg   ricarica5.jpg  

ricarica6.jpg   ricarica7.jpg