Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: new RANCH DOG mold casting small boolits???

Boolit Master
    i just talked to Pat on my cell phone and he said they would take care of this for us.send your molds back to LEE if you want and print ATT:PAT on the package

molds comming from outside the US should be shipped back too if they dont work out for you.you will end up with some extra shipping costs to get your mold to them but i think it will be worth it in the end

GOOD LUCK everyone and have a good day

This is just one more reason why I give a big thumbs-up to anyone who is willing to be a group buy honcho. Jeff, thanks for the work you've done on this. I really appreciate your efforts.

Lenny

Boolit Buddy
    The molds are here!
    The lead is in the pot, so I will be casting in a couple of minutes.
    I will be back with my results within an our.

//Olle

Boolit Buddy
    The molds cast bullets from .4275 - 4299 dia.
    No bullet is over .430.
    Nice molds and nice bullets, but to small for my 1/38 micro-groove Marlin.

Boolit Buddy
    I just mailed my mold back to Lee. I called and spoke to Mary. She said they would watch for the mold. I've been using Lee products for 50 years and this is my first complaint. I got in on another group buy some time ago and got a two holer. It casts great. I'm STILL a happy camper. I really feel bad for the foreign buyers. If someone will handle a collection to help them, I'm still committed to Donating $25.00 to help with the costs.

Boolit Buddy
    First of all I like to say thanks Jeff for all his work with our molds!
    Great work my friend!!!
    I will send our 2 Swedish molds back to Lee on Monday.
    I really hope that we can get new molds very quick.

I casted my bullets out of ww + 5% tin, and the weigh 281 grs with gc and lube.
    I loaded up 20 rounds, and the run very smooth trough my rifle.
    Tomorrow I will go to the range and see how they shoot, even though they are undersized.
    The bullets were nice and I really like them, but I hope that we can get new molds that drop bullets in the right size.

//Olle

Boolit Master
    Hi guys
    Just did some casting and no good,well under the expected .432 (.4288-.4295) what a royal pain in the butt.
    I might have to go to the local tip and see if I can resurrect the Lee box that the mould came in and just tape it up.
    Do I send just the mould guys or the handles as well?Should I send it to Lee or to Jeff223,I don't know what the procedure will be for me sending it back from here in Australia,don't know if I have to contact Aussie Customs or what?,any ideas?

Dale
    no34570

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tom barthel
    I just mailed my mold back to Lee. I called and spoke to Mary. She said they would watch for the mold. I've been using Lee products for 50 years and this is my first complaint. I got in on another group buy some time ago and got a two holer. It casts great. I'm STILL a happy camper. I really feel bad for the foreign buyers. If someone will handle a collection to help them, I'm still committed to Donating $25.00 to help with the costs.
    Tom
    that's nice of you to think of the foreign buyers like that,thats what makes this casting and shooting game worth while,the friends that you make and the spirit to help out a fellow caster/shooter when and where you can pat yourself on the back mate,i would if I was there.

I don't mind paying a little bit extra for return freight of my mould if it means I and everyone else gets what we all paid for,what we should of got in the first place.
    I'm like you Tom,have been using Lee stuff as well for about 20 years(not as long as you)and have had no real problems with their stuff,until now.
    Cheers mate
    Dale
    no34570

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by no34570
    Hi guys
    Just did some casting and no good,well under the expected .432 (.4288-.4295) what a royal pain in the butt.
    I might have to go to the local tip and see if I can resurrect the Lee box that the mould came in and just tape it up.
    Do I send just the mould guys or the handles as well?Should I send it to Lee or to Jeff223,I don't know what the procedure will be for me sending it back from here in Australia,don't know if I have to contact Aussie Customs or what?,any ideas?

Dale
    no34570
    A bullet mould is not a restricted or controlled item even to import into Australia, let alone export, so Australian customs is not involved. Of course you will have to deal with Australia Post (the post office) and they will comply with US requirements. That means you have to package it securely, identify yourself at the post office (driver's licence is fine), and attach a customs declaration, which the Post people will give you. They may ask you what the item is. I'd suggest you put something like "metal casting mould" on the declaration, which is what a business would put on that item if they were exporting it. Personally I don't care for the idea of short-circuiting international security arrangements with vague statements such as "tool"; I want the security system to work, and it is only going to do that if we give it a fair chance of working. However that is just a quirk of mine.

Geoff

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy one
    A bullet mould is not a restricted or controlled item even to import into Australia, let alone export, so Australian customs is not involved. Of course you will have to deal with Australia Post (the post office) and they will comply with US requirements. That means you have to package it securely, identify yourself at the post office (driver's licence is fine), and attach a customs declaration, which the Post people will give you. They may ask you what the item is. I'd suggest you put something like "metal casting mould" on the declaration, which is what a business would put on that item if they were exporting it. Personally I don't care for the idea of short-circuiting international security arrangements with vague statements such as "tool"; I want the security system to work, and it is only going to do that if we give it a fair chance of working. However that is just a quirk of mine.

Geoff
    Geoff
    Thanks for the the info mate,will go to the local post outlet near work,it's very small outlet(Small bush town)hope they have a customs declaration form there and send the mould to Lee,waiting to hear from Jeff223 as I PM him and see if I should send it to Lee or him,but I think Lee would be quicker and easier.
    Will contact Lee and complain and ask if I send it straight to them.
    Cheers mate
    no34570
    Dale

Boolit Master

Smile Amusing

This is kind of amusing....the fellows in Australia and Sweden have received their molds but just returning from the post ofc. I see no mold...... Canadian customs must still be fondling it....

Quote Originally Posted by jeff223
    i just talked to Pat on my cell phone and he said they would take care of this for us.send your molds back to LEE if you want and print ATT:PAT on the package

molds comming from outside the US should be shipped back too if they dont work out for you.you will end up with some extra shipping costs to get your mold to them but i think it will be worth it in the end

GOOD LUCK everyone and have a good day
    Jeff, this was actually my first group buy I got into and you guys know way more about these group buys than I do. But it sounds like to me from Old Fellers sticky we should bypass Pat completely and talk to Doug in the mold room instead.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?t=3172&page=3
    [SIGPIC]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/stevensavage/avatars/reloadnPalacescriptresized.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I just stuck the mould in the mail and its on its way back to lee with a letter and picture of the design along with a sample of the undersized bullet. Again thanks Jeff for your efforts on honchoing this group buy. Its appreciated.
    [SIGPIC]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/stevensavage/avatars/reloadnPalacescriptresized.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Banned

Maybe for group mold deals the honcho could hold off on sending molds to buyers overseas until they were all here and tested for accuracy.

THat way those guys wouldn't have to pay the rediculous return fees. Be a longer wait though, but that's what y'all get for livin out of the USA..

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

You should try it first

Mine is perfect for my 44 mag SBH. Using pure lead alloy, here's my results from this morning's casting session:

Average weight = 279.4 grs

Front band diameter = ~.429 - .430"

Rear band diameter = ~.431 - .432"

Average length = ~.074"

As my SBH's barrel is .429" and the throats are .430", it looks like my mold is a winner!

This bullet in pure lead alloy and @ ~1200 fps from my SBH will make a great 50 yard deer and hog round.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1942
    Mine is perfect for my 44 mag SBH. Using pure lead alloy, here's my results from this morning's casting session:

Average weight = 279.4 grs

Front band diameter = ~.429 - .430"

Rear band diameter = ~.431 - .432"

Average length = ~.074"

As my SBH's barrel is .429" and the throats are .430", it looks like my mold is a winner!

This bullet in pure lead alloy and @ ~1200 fps from my SBH will make a great 50 yard deer and hog round.
    Glad to hear you can use your mold Junior. Congrats. Be sure to post some picts of that dead hog!

Boolit Master

Lee had sent me an approval drawing for the TLC460-425-RF buy via email and with my acceptance and reply I mentioned the problems with this mold. I received a very positive response and feel that Lee will take care of the problem.
    Michael

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    ALL molds should be tested before being sent out! ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

Jeff

I hope Pat has been informed that these returns will be coming from far and wide....as I stated above mine has'nt even showed up yet...........

Boolit Master
    Mine hasn't shown up yet either. I don't see anyone in Calif that has theirs. Will try mine out for sure before sending back.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast