Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Old 9.3x62

Old 9.3x62

Here is one I picked up a while back. It is a Husqvarna High Power in 9.3x62. It came from an old man who let it sit in a metal locker in his house along with tons of other old Lugers, Colts, Broomhandles, Winchesters, etc. Well he decided to sell them to my dealer and this followed me home. It is in immaculate condition aside from a few handling marks in the stock. It literally has not worn the bluing from the rails. Sad part is that it is not drilled and tapped, so it will have to be an open sight shooter if I decide to keep it. I don't think I could bring myself to do it since it has made it all these years without having it done. Besides, I have a CZ 550FS in the same caliber if I feel the need to hunt with this caliber.

Also, my searches are leaving alot to be desired when it comes to this gun, so any info about it would be greatly appreciated.

Boolit Master
    tek4260,
    Link to Swedish Gun Board:
    http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...rting-Firearms
    They should be able to answer questions about your rifle..

In Remebrance

Huh, and herre I thought you had pictures of Dippity Al!!!!

Husky made a very nice rifle. In fact pretty much everything Husky made was nice. Good on you.

Banned
    I had looked hard at those 96 Swedes that are sporterized and rebarreled to the 9.3x57 similar to yours. The one thing that turned me off was some had barrels that were correctly profiled near the chamber end, that is they had a fat shoulder slight smaller then the receiver ring and then tapered down like a modern barrel today does. The others had the barrel with no profile that just came out of the receiver like yours. I didn't feel that was correct as that heavier profile is there for providing a good should to thread the barrel against the receiver and also to have more metal (meat) around the combustion chamber. I passed on them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    Huh, and here I thought you had pictures of Dippity Al!!!!
    I do sort of go on at length about this subject........BEAUTIFUL example, sir. I scored a similar bolter in 30-06 in October, drilled & tapped--and sooner or later will get around to scoping it. For now, the aperture irons are sufficient.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Berautiful Rifle! I recently bought a HVA .30/06 to replace a .243 I foolishly let go back 50 years ago when I was so poor I had to sell to buy. Mine is the small ring HVA 98 type action made in the early to mid sixties, and is the Sears "J.C. Higgins" variety with barrel and stock by Marlin. Can't tell from your excellent pictures; is yours the small or large ring?
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Large ring I believe. Haven't got around to measuring it.

With all the articles on the 9.3x62 in recent months I might just have to try it out. I can't believe they are saying it is nearly a 375 H&H. I thought it was more along the lines of a 35 Whelen.

Quote Originally Posted by tek4260 View Post
    With all the articles on the 9.3x62 in recent months I might just have to try it out. I can't believe they are saying it is nearly a 375 H&H. I thought it was more along the lines of a 35 Whelen.
    You have a darn fine rifle there and round. The 9.3 X 62 and 35 Whelen both can be loaded to darn near the 375 H&H.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    Those Sveeds sure do turn out some fine instruments !
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Good get! Nice to see that lovely old piece going to a good home.

Boolit Master
    Very nice rifle in a darn good caliber. Been wanting a CZ in that cal for a while now...I'd have jumped on that one also

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like a '98 Action, which is actually an FN. It's got the reinforced rail on the left (no thumbcut) and no drill/tap on top, which is earlier. Some of the later ones were D/T from FN I believe, though I could be wrong about this. It would be a shame to D/T this rifle as it's so clean.

I've been wanting one of these, to got with my 8mm, 30-06, and 9x57!!!

I love the old huskies!

The gunboards forum is a good reference.

You got a nice rifle there.

JW

Nice rifle.
    Mine looks almost like it,except I have a peep sight.I don`t think it was original,but it works well,so I`m happy.
    Mine was built in 1950,and haven`t been used much.Until now

Boolit Master
    Very nice indeed. I'm flat-out envious. I got to shoot one like it at our club's "sight in days" last year - it was the first and only 9.3 I've ever had the opportunity to shoot. I was wishing then that I could have hung on to it somehow. I talked to the owner of that rifle - he knew that he had somwthing special. He said it was passed down from his father and he wanted to hunt with it like his dad had done many years before. I hope he did well.

Boolit Master
    Get some of the Privi Partizan 286 grain rnsp from grafs. They were made for both the 9.3x57 and the 9.3x62 rifles. Frank

Boolit Buddy

Allan's Armory (http://www.allans-armory.com/) imported quite a few of these Swede sporters in various calibers. They might be able to shed a little light on the general history of the rifles.