Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: "holy black" shipped?

Boolit Buddy

"holy black" shipped?

Curious were everyone is purchasing there black powder? I haven't been able to locate any locally so will have to have it shipped, so really want to know were the best place to order through mail service? Mainly looking for Goex FF. Will be using it for muzzleloader's and someday .45-70 loads.

thanks

Boolit Master in Heavens Range

Muddy Creek Sam
    |__
    ( o )\_
    USN 100% Disabled
    Dark Lord of The Soot
    SBSS# 2137
    LASSOOS#1957s
    SASS VET #131
    http://www.muddycreeksam.com

My Feedback!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66946

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Ordering under a full case Grafs.com is usually the cheapest. Full case Powder Inc.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I got a case of Schutzen from Upper Missouri Trading Co. a week ago. $341 delivered.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I got a case of Schutzen from Upper Missouri Trading Co. a week ago. $341 delivered.
    A little rich for my blood. trying to see if anyone would go in on a case to save some $$ but most everyone shoots pyrodex or newer stuff

Grafs will ship you one pound if you want to stand the hazmat for it. Powder Inc only ships in 5,10 and 25 lb lots.Buffalo arms will ship 5 lb lots of swiss or schuetzen, but I have no idea as to their prices and such.

Boolit Master
    No offense but if you think $341 for powder is a bit rich, perhaps you should take up lawn darts or something. I spent roughly $450 just for fuel to Phoenix for 5 days of shooting in Phoenix.

I am sorry when folks complain about how they can't afford their hobby then perhaps they should get out of it.

I spent $920 for 2 cases of Goex FG Express last fall. I sure did not get on the net and whine about it. My son-inlaw was complaning about cost of fuel to travel to go camping, while he was standing there smoking a cigerette, I asked how much does he spend on them a month? he and my daughter spend about $250-300 a month on smoking. He knew that the last thing he would be getting from me was any sympithy.

Kinda like me feeling sorry for folks that don't keep a few primers on hand. It is not happening.

I grew up on a Wyoming Cattle Ranch, we kept months worth of food on hand, Bulk fuel, around 500-700 gals of Gas alone along with 500 or so gallons of Diesel. A portable Gen set for Power. A fully equiped shop with Welder, cutting torch and lots of Tools.

In the Summer Time I often went 1-2 months with out ever seeing a Town.

KW
    The Lunger

High cost??

Kenny

" I often went 1-2 months with out ever seeing a Town."

And I hope ya know HOW LUCKY ya are for being able to live in the Boondocks!! Most folks couldn't stand that; they have to be around a gaggle of folks, blowing horns, mad traffic, electric lights, asphalt and concrete!!

Not me!! I'd fit in right well on that ranch ya got! All I'd want is a good bronc and tack!!

"The South died with Stonewall Jackson!"

Boolit Master
    Kenney, Living here in VA it's like overcrowded, even in rural areas. See my signature for how I feel about the people who complain about what they do or don't have. 10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Goex FFg case 25lbs $340 delivered from Powder Inc.

It's only 180 miles over the hill from Somers to Ponderay, ID to Buffalo Arms and they now distribute Swiss and Schuetzen. Might be worth a trip.

The wife drives almost that far to go to Costco and Walmart in Kalispell from Cut Bank.
    Douglas, Ret.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Double D View Post
    Goex FFg case 25lbs $340 delivered from Powder Inc.

It's only 180 miles over the hill from Somers to Ponderay, ID to Buffalo Arms and they now distribute Swiss and Schuetzen. Might be worth a trip.

The wife drives almost that far to go to Costco and Walmart in Kalispell from Cut Bank.
    I didn't even think about Dave having Schutzen. The gas would be the killer on the deal, and I have dealt with Doc for many, many years. I will check with BA next time around though, and see if I can save a bit with the shipping. Or have DeanD bring it to me when he comes to a shoot!
    I do prefer the Schutzen to GOEX, seems to shoot a bit cleaner, and moister.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I think it is a very new recent addition to Buffalo Arms inventory.

Their website does say they will ship 5 lbs.
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master

Recently bought a case of Goex from Jacks Powder keg $314 delivered.

Here is the link for my Martini Internet Resource list for powder suppliers.

Powder

* Schützen Powder LLC. Swiss, Schützen and Elephant Brand Powder. Click on "Distributors" to find a distributor in your area - http://www.schuetzenpowder.com

* Powder Inc. Offers shipments in 5lb lots. - http://www.powderinc.com

* GOEX - http://www.goexpowder.com

* Maine Powder House - http://www.mainepowderhouse.com

* Hodgdon - http://www.hodgdon.com

* Back Creek Gun Shop - http://www.blackpowderva.com

* ADI - http://www.adi-limited.com/handloaders-guide/index.asp

* Track of the Wolf - http://www.trackofthewolf.com/catego...=30&styleID=94

If you go to the websites of people like GOEX and Schuetzen, look for their link to distributors. Contact those distributors and see if they will ship you powder or ask them if they have a dealer in your area.
    Douglas, Ret.

Add www.grafs.com to you list, they sell Goex, Swiss and their own label (schuetzen) and will ship 1 lb if you want to stand the hazmat on it.

Graf's is listed as a distributor under GOEX and Schutzen. The other distributors listed were on the list before I added GOEX and Schutzen.

I have been considering adding all the distributors with websites to the list next year.

Grafs wasn't added back then because they wouldn't ship less than 25 lbs.
    Douglas, Ret.

Well how old is that list? Grafs has been shipping small amounts for 6 or 7 years that I'm aware of.

They started after Powder Inc started...I might be a bit resistance to adding Graf and sons to anything, having dealt with that women they had is customer service. She had the name before the female dog got it.

She still there?
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master
    Jerry Dean at Powder Inc. is a great guy to deal with I met him years ago at the shot show.

KW

Quote Originally Posted by The Double D View Post
    They started after Powder Inc started...I might be a bit resistance to adding Graf and sons to anything, having dealt with that women they had is customer service. She had the name before the female dog got it.

She still there?
    Figured there was an untold story there.
    Couldn't tell you whether the person you had trouble with is there or not. I never ran into anybody that wasn't 100% helpful, in the couple of decades I've dealt with them, both as a wholesale and retail customer.