Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new casting hazard

Boolit Buddy
    Buying a wedding rings this week. Work as a mechanic so it will go on a leather thong around my neck inside shirt while working. Intend to wear it always.

Don

I wear mine routinely, but do take it off when working 'round equip. (Ag stuff)

been removing it more and more. one of these days, I'll get a chain and wear it around my neck.

Boolit Master

lost mine wife had the next one made a 1/2 size smaller has not been off in 15 yrs
    will have to cut it off now to get it off
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Had a cheap silver ring bought in the BX at Tachikawa AB in 65. Jot a job in a machine shop and would keep it in the watch/change pocket while on the job. Finally wore thin and broke. The wife had a classmate of her's in Japan who's family were jewlers make me a new one in 72. Weighs a troy ounce! But my ring finger knuckle got too big and it is now in the safe. We're thinking of selling it at this point.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master
    1st marriage---wore the ring until it almost cost me a lost finger---stoped wearing it!
    2nd marriage---office job---I use my dad's wedding ring and it has never been off my hand! Gained weight and now it would have to be cut off! They can cut it off just before whatever is left heads into the furnace!!! I will leave it to my grandaughter!
    R.D.M.

In Remembrance
    Mine got melted in Vetnam.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

In Remembrance

My first wedding ring was made from a brass bushing, cut and polished it looked good. I wore it for about two days and I wore the green ring around my finger for over a week. My wife knew that I wouldn't wear one because I worked in maintanence but, she thought it was goofy that I wouldn't and that I cut off my long hair and tucked my boot laces down in my boots so I showed her a couple pictures of a guy who wore a ring and lost a finger. Now she understands.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MKrueger View Post
    I and my boyfriend decided to go sign for the marriage certificate this coming Friday. We are lack of information about marriage stuff. One of my friends have just told me thay we need to exchange the wedding rings in front of the judge. The other one said we dont need to exchange the rings in front of the judge, but we are supposed to wear the rings before come to the marriage.
    Please help me clear. I'm so confused now, and nervous too.
    I'm pretty sure the judge doesn't care if you even *have* rings. Rings are more of a religious or cultural symbol -- do it however you want. (makes more sense to me to exchange rings after the vows or after the pronouncement by the judge) Tell the judge when you get there you want to exchange rings, she's surely dealt with that before and will tell you what to do.

Boolit Master

I was fishing one day in the creek down below my folk's house. We had an old semi-trailer out there for storage. I had to dig some worms so I took the ring off and set it up on top of the trailer tire 'so I wouldn't lose it'. A couple of beers later (and no fish) I went back up to the house and then on home, completely forgetting about it. It was a couple of days later before I realized it was missing and I could not for the life of me remember where I had left that thing! Wifey not too happy. About 5 or 6 years later I was visiting my folks and wandered down to the creek reminiscing. Sat down in my spot and when I glanced back up at the trailer, it was still sitting there, right where I had left it. I was surprised that the coons hadn't seen it and ran off with it. Wifey was happy again.

Boolit Master
    Lost the first one (the wife bought me) while trying to dig out the snow under my truck.
    The wife bought me one twenty years later I still have it but don't wear it very often.

The wife has all of the rings I bought her. Her finger swelled up when she put her engagement ring on I had to cut it off. The ring not her finger. It was many years before I could get a jewler to fix the ring and resize it so she could wear it again.

I an not one for jewlery but I do love guns.

That ring may be still be in the bottom of the pot unmelted. If you leave it in there for a few more months it will probably be worth another 500.00 the way gold is going.

If it did melt, You may have invented a new fad for splitsville people to entertain themselves with, after the papers are signed...

Then they can have a shoot off with it to see who gets the dog and the boat.

My folks ran a side business of free run turkeys during the korean war period. We would be surrounded by 500 'tupid birds at feeding time and they would peck anything that caught their eye. Somehow, one apparently got moms ring off and swallowed it. But which one? Anyway during the slaughter that yr, it was located in one of the gizzards somewhat worse for wear ~ yellow gold w/diamond.

Boolit Master
    I wore mine for 2 days.
    It has been in the cedar chest since.
    She wanted another type and I told her to get what she wanted,but not to get me one.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    snip The neighbor across the street came over to see what we were doing. He said his wife had left him the night before and had taken off with his best friend. snip
    Fred
    There are not many friends that would take that "boolit" for a buddy....
    Just so long as he doesn't bring her back

Boolit Mold

Do i have to wear wedding rings upon our wedding by the judge?

http://www.usmarriagelaws.com/
    If in the USA follow link, find state you will be married in and read up.

BTW - Rings are not necessary to get married. They are custom only, not required.

I got told in basic training that if you must wear a ring, it has to be covered with electrical tape.

Stops the ring from catching on stuff and 'degloving' your finger, also a shiny object is not conductive to good camouflage and concealment!

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123