Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullplate isn't Bull

Bullplate isn't Bull

I used Bullpate for the first time and wised that I had found out about it 30 years ago or the Lead Gods were smiling on me today. I had an old Lee 158 swc mold I got in the 70's and it was about used up, I took it apart ran the mill over the top to take out the rub marks, then followe.d the direction with the Bullplate. This old mold work out better than it has ever done. Smooth cut spures, good Alimenment, every thing just was working----------- now we all know that wasn't all because of the Bullplate, it was some pixie dust too.

Good stuff and good vendor!

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered eight (8) bottles of BULLPLATE LUBE", it arrived today, and the vendor added TWO (2) more bottles for FREE....reason? "There was enough room in the "flat rate" package for them."

Good people and fast service. I got some of his bullit lube "green" havn't shot it yet, new snow storm yesterday so it will be a week before the range road dries out. Will post after I shoot it.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I now have enough BULLPLATE LUBE" to last me until I end up playing a harp or "totin" a pitchfork!

MANY THANKS BULLSHOP!

That is absolutely the best sprue plate lube I have EVER used, and I am fairly certain that I have used them all!

When properly used, BULLPLATE" goes a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way!
    Last edited by mastercast.com; 03-24-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    Well, I ain't played with it yet, tho I've a bottle. I also see threads stating that Crest super whitening, followed by Kroil will do the same miraculous thing.
    Geez. Wouldya thunk it is basic mold preparation, and that there are many NOT MAGIC paths to prepare a mold to drop boolits w/o a sledge hammer??? Just maybe the mold makers don't test their own product? QC ain't what it used to be?
    Then you got folks with access to a Bridgeport or surface grinder who can correct manufacturer defects, Lee-ment their molds with Bryl-Cream, and attribute the results to something. There's the scientific way! Some of this black magic stinks of the 400mph carburetor with the magnetic platinum catalyst screen that oxygenates and polarizes your gas molecules to the air molecules to improve mileage, combustion, and revert global warming.
    Outta here. You do what you have to, what works for you. Let the rest go their own way.
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

In Remembrance

Lee, try paddling with the flow for once. Try the Bullplate, give it a good, fair trial, then report back. I have read hundreds of good reports and no negative ones. This reflects my own experience. Yes, it's MAGIC!

Boolit Buddy
    Lee,

WOW!

Just a suggestion...why don't you try BULLPLATE LUBE" SINCE YOU HAVE A BOTTLE OF IT?

If you are not satisifed with it,(following the included instructions) like many of us are, then you can make a valid/considered post. Absent that, your last post has no merit at all!(As in totally worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Your last post made little sense to me for what that is worth.

Boolit Buddy
    Whiten your teeth with Crest followed by Kroil? Give that a try and get back to me.

(If you are able!)

You might want to lay off the recreational pharmaceuticals for a while.

Boolit Master

I ordered a bottle of bullplate last month. I wish I had found it years ago! Great folks, too.

Boolit Master

There is generally more than one way to do anything. I have found Bullplate to be the easiest way to make my moulds work better. So why waste my time looking for another way, I'd rather go shooting or cast some more bullets.

Boolit Master
    I have a negative comment about bullplate,as a mouth wash, it sucks.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by edsmith View Post
    I have a negative comment about bullplate,as a mouth wash, it sucks.
    Did you dilute it with vodka per directions?
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bill* View Post
    Did you dilute it with vodka per directions?
    If you use it straight it'll keep stuff from sticking to your dentures!

Gear

I found a new use for Bullplate today when I mixed up the BP with my Absorbine Jr and my feet stopped being itchy. BULL may have a new market!!!!!!!!!!price increase comming

Boolit Buddy
    Would someone post the address? I'd like to buy some but haven't found where to go, I'd appreciate it...............steg

Steg, here is the address. You can also click on his name here "Bullshop" and PM him and in the vendor section. hope this helps
    The Bullshop
    HC 62 box 5640
    Delta Junction Alaska 99737
    Thank you!

Boolit Man
    Ok guys, no idea what Bullplate is for, except maybe a mouthwash or foot lotion. Seriously - never tried the stuff - what's it for? Is it a mold release agent, or sprueplate lube? Inquiring ( albeit ignorant) mids want to know.

In Remembrance

Use it to lube the sprueplate and alignment pins. Also apply to mould surfaces outside the cavities to prevent lead smears from sticking to the mould. It actually permits cutting the sprue while the alloy is still in an almost liquid state without smearing. There is no carbon buildup as there is with beeswax and many other things used to lube a mould. Mixed with bees wax it makes a boolit lube named Speed Green, an excellent lube. Also a good lube for triggers, bolts, slides, etc,

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by squid1230 View Post
    Ok guys, no idea what Bullplate is for, except maybe a mouthwash or foot lotion. Seriously - never tried the stuff - what's it for? Is it a mold release agent, or sprueplate lube? Inquiring ( albeit ignorant) mids want to know.
    It is for lubing the top surface, and sprue plate of the mold. Also, for alignment pins, and any pivot points.

I am pretty sure that Bullshop, Jr., uses it in lieu of a steady supply of Dapper Dan's Hair Pomade. It really slicks down his hair, and he looks a bit like Alfalfa when using it. It is the only hair dressing he could find, that would let him have that little spike on the top of his head. It absolutely drives the women crazy, and he has to beat them off with a stick.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Eight bottles? Just how long do you expect to live?
    Tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast