Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Lyman 452488?

Lyman 452488?

Hello Folks,

I have a single-cavity mould that I picked up in a trade that is not listed in the current Lyman catalog. It appears to be for a light-weight 45 ACP semi-wadcutter. I would like to know what cartridge(s) it was intended for and approximately what weight bullet it will cast. Do any of you have information on the Lyman 452488 mould?

Thanks, Tom

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Hello Folks,

I have a single-cavity mould that I picked up in a trade that is not listed in the current Lyman catalog. It appears to be for a light-weight 45 ACP semi-wadcutter. I would like to know what cartridge(s) it was intended for and approximately what weight bullet it will cast. Do any of you have information on the Lyman 452488 mould?

Thanks, Tom
    Hello Tom. From my Lymans Cast Bullet Handbook the Lyman 452488 is for a semi-wadcutter of 195grs casting with #2 alloy. Of course different alloy will weigh more or less depending on the lead content. It is for the 45acp and can be used, I am sure, for other different 45 applications.
    Now if you cast with pure lead with this mold the boolits will be softer and heavier. If you cast with linotype, they will be lighter but harder.
    Last edited by armyrat1970; 03-18-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    If a man has nothing greater to believe in than himself, he is a very lonely man.

Banned

try here
    http://www.castpics.net/

then go to "mould reference"
    then go to "lyman''
    then look for your number 452488

I have this mould and it works well in my 1911, but others have said it may not feed well in them.

Re: Lyman 452488?

Excellent! Thank you.

Le Loup Solitaire

Lyman 452488

Correctly identified by Armyrat. It is also the clone of Hensley & Gibbs #130 which was a favorite for many years with the 45ACP Bullseye shooters. Feeds well and can be an accurate bullet when loaded right. Also can be loaded in the 45AR. LLS