RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry lever 22, peep sight suggestions

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The FP-GR showed up today so I hurriedly put it on the Henry. It fits great and has a pretty wide range of adjustment. The sight is a bit wide on the skinny receiver, I'm sure Williams figured it would be more likely to go on a bolt action. Anyhow, the click adjustments are much easier than the friction adjustments of the WGRS. I took it out to 50 yards and was minute of squirrel, which is the best I can do with my eyesight.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

My Henry still has the tall OEM front sight on it, about .530 tall. The FP sight is surprisingly low profile and requires quite a bit of elevation with the front sight. I'm going to put a .400 front sight on it, that should be about right.

I also found a new Marble's Bullseye rear sight in my box of parts that I forgot I had. I'm going to put it on my old Marlin 995.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I ended up putting a .450 front sight on it and that was perfect. The Henry is shooting great at 30 yards with no rest, just from a sitting position.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1050 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	218565

Moderator Emeritus

Henry H001

I thought I'd wake up this thread. I've been looking for a H001 with decent wood for quite a while and look what I found at my favorite LGS today. I'll have to try the factory iron sites before I think about a peep, but you guys have posted some interesting options for a Peep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Pretty nice wood there, Jon ! .

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12