MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Why Knock Lee Equipment??

Boolit Master
    I can't believe how long this Thread has held on. Seems every one has an opinion. I think some base thier feelings on a couple of problems that they have had with Lee products. I have 3 Dillon progressives,2 RL 550 B's 1 Square deal each one set up for a different pistol calibers. I also have the first press I bought in 1970 ( a RCBS Jr "stored for now") all good equipment. I have been buying Lee accesories ie. dies and the likes for almost that long. They with out a doubt have the best trim to length set up available bar none. I have been using a Breech Lock press sense it came out no problems. I have a friend that has been using a Lee turret press for at least 30 years, if something goes wrong with it parts are inexpensive. I have over a $1000 dollars tied up in Dillons, and I have used them extensively.
    I like Lee equipment especially thier molds. If I had it to do over I would have stuck with Lee equipment exclusively. The problem was I took other peoples opinions rather than doing my own testing.

Talking OK! I Confess!

I admit that I am a fan of Lee equipment. I also use Hornady, Redding, RCBS, Lyman, and maybe some other line I've misremembered.
    BUT, the one Lee product I regret spending my money on is their Resizing Lube!
    WHY?
    Oh, it works just fine. But I paid about $2.00 for their little tube, along with several other things I ordered on-line
    THEN I read that you can use wax-based wire pulling lube, and it's a LOT cheaper.

Lee lube $2.00/2 oz. vs GB Wire Lube @ $8.00/32 oz.
    I'll let you do the math.

Merry Christmas & screw the ACLU

Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by HighRoad View Post
    For a newbie, this brings up a question. I've got the Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure. I set it up using the Adjustable Charge Bar to throw 3.5gr of Bullseye for 38 special .158LC. When I periodically check my weight, it will run anywhere from 3.4gr to 3.7gr. Is that a problem? The 3.7gr is actually in the .38sp+P range.
    Don't bother with the Adjustable Charge Bar. If I were you, I'd take it off. The Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure is actually very consistent for me, to within 0.1gr. However, I don't use very-large-flake powders like Unique; my flake powders are Bullseye and Titegroup, and my "ball" powder is 2400.

Quote Originally Posted by HighRoad View Post
    To stay with the original theme of this thread; I bought the Lee Safety Powder Scale with my Lee Classic Turret Press. For me this scale performed terribly. I returned it for a $55 Dillon which seems to work pretty good. And I do like my Classic Turret Press.
    I have to agree with Recluse on the Lee Safety Scale. Dang accurate, but lots of complaints. Asking around has shown me that it's the vernier scale that a lot of people have a problem with. I'm very comfortable with verniers, so no problem here. But for those who aren't, it can be a PITA.
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

Who opened this can of worms?????

Greenhorn44. And it's been a great, fun ride for the last 9 months.
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

There are several topics that are guaranteed to create heat and not much light on this board and at the top of the list is the quality of Lee reloading tools. It is liking asking which is the best brand of pickup truck, breed of dog or whether blond, brunets or redheads are the best lovers. One's experience with these and other issues, determines their opinions. As such one of the Iron Laws of Human Nature comes into play, namely.."Mine just must be better than yours."
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 12-04-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lotta wisdom in Chargar's most recent post, and in MarkAlpine's "Merry Christmas and Screw The ACLU" text. Lee stuff will always have a place on my casting and reloading benches, too. Alongside a whole lot of other makers' products.

It's Marie's birthday, and I have some shopping left to do. That lady REALLY cleans up in December.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargar View Post
    There are several topics that are guaranteed to crease heat and not much light on this board.......... It is liking asking which is the best brand of pickup truck, breed of dog or whether blond, brunets or redheads are the best lovers............"

@ Chargar;

I don't know about you, ......but after 37 years of "marital bliss", I still have days when the idea of putting a bounty on them seems like a fine idea!

.....My reloading equipment causes me far fewer "issues"!

(....And OBVIOUSLY, my own "personal characteristics" couldn't possibly be part of the problem!! )

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Amen and Amen...

Boolit Buddy
    It's getting too cozy around here. So...

Anyone who can't get a Lee Loadmaster to run reliably should be buying their ammo.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Doble Troble View Post
    It's getting too cozy around here. So...

Anyone who can't get a Lee Loadmaster to run reliably should be buying their ammo.

@ Doble Troble;

You're the kinda guy who likes to play "Catch" with live porcupines, .....aren't you???

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213