WidenersRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Marking Slugs/Buckshot

Boolit Buddy

Marking Slugs/Buckshot

What are some of the ways you guys are marking slugs or buckshot with a folded crimp as to not get them confused with trap loads?
    I guess I could use a sharpie but I was thinking if I could get a stencil or something that would look alot nicer. Any thoughts or ideas?

Banned
    Hello NewCastter, that's one reason I love the clear Fiocchi hulls, your idea of using stencil is also a good idea, I do use a marker to write down the powder charge etc on the side of the brass, helps identify the powder, charge etc.
    Since I mostly use clear hull I also write on the sabot arms inside and outside so I can see what powder was used and what charge by just looking at the hull and after firing I can look inside the sabot to see the bullet wt and powder charge to see at what charge the sabot remained in tact etc for further tests!
    Ajay
    BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
    Blazing Sabots, LLC
    www.BlazingSabots.com
    www.PreciousVideoMemories.com

Boolit Master
    I have been fortunate enough to have many different hulls to choose from. So far I use different hulls for different loads. Win AA for buck shot, rem gun club for slugs, rem two piece for some heavy field loads for example. I will at some point run out of different hulls that I have and this system may not work as good but for now I still have a ways to go. I have several different styles and colors of rems hulls, clear hulls, federal, blue and green peters.

Boolit Buddy
    Ballistic Products has a stamping kit works good
    Like turmech different hulls works to
    If you Dare the wifes funky colour nail polish (Good Luck)

Ken

In Remembrance

Marks-a-lot magic markers seem to hold up fairly well on the plastic hulls and I mark the box also.
    They can be picked up cheap at K-mart or walmart.

Boolit Master
    Doing something similar to what Turmech is doing, but backwards. My slug loads are in Win AA HS red hulls, and the 9 pellet O- buck is in Remington Gunclubs (green). If it is in a Fiochi red 3"hull with an overshot wad and rollcrimp, I know its a Tri-Ball shoulder thumper. I had both buck and slug loaded in some of the cheap Federal maroon hulls, but the crimps were always junky, and I've shot up those loads never to reuse them again.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Bub
    How hard should buckshot and slugs be?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    Pretty much on the soft side.....

Dan

Boolit Master
    I use several types of hull, combined with a colored sharpie on the primer to identify the load. Seems to work well so far, but if I try another load or two, I'll run out of combinations!!!! (BTW, the hull/sharpie list is written on all of the cardboard boxes too....)

Dan

Boolit Master

I keep my shot loads in low brass and use high brass for my buckshot loads. No confusion that way.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

I just got in 200 clear Federal hulls from BPI and I fell in love from the first one I loaded. The buckshot loads look beautiful--clear hull and clear overshot disc. I'm hooked and I think I'm going with them from now on.
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Boolit Master
    Just got some clear overshot discs to use with some new Fiochi black 2&3/4 hulls and a roll crimp. Would like to work up a 12 pellet .311"load with them.

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post

ive always cast 00buck hard and slugs dead soft. am i the only one that does it this way?

oh ya, red hulls are birdshot, green are buckshot and any other color is a slug.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have the itch, but I don't have the scratch.