Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners

View Poll Results: How many rifles do you have you have never shot?

Voters
874. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

398 45.54%
  • 2 or less

156 17.85%
  • 3-5

116 13.27%
  • more than 5

204 23.34%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rifles do you have you've never shot?

nary a one, I buy them so I [B]can[B] shoot them. however I do have a few shotguns that have yet to be tried out, just not a scattergun man I guess.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    Just my "next" one...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Smile

I said 3 to 5, but it may be a couple more.

I've got 2 CMP Carbines and 2 CMP 03A3's that still need exercise. then I read the comment about the Chilean someone else hasn't fired and I remembered my 1895 Chilean Carbine and the 1891/59 Rooskie Carbine, both of which are languishing in the safe.

Oops, there might be a pistol as well. The little 1934 Beretta in .32 ACP, the Brevettata as I recall, that hasn't been used either.

I guess I need to take some different guns out on our next Thursday range and cigar night.
    Regards,

WE

That's like asking how many sweet ladies of your youth you never kissed....
    The answer to both questions is "Too danged many"!!!
    If I'm granted a few more seasons, I'll get around to it!

Old friends AND old guns, each in their own time.

Boolit Grand Master

Are you kidding!? Guns are for shooting.
    End of discussion.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

I have one.
    In 1969 I was in the Navy. I came in on weekend liberty and sold my motorcycle to a friend who paid by check. It was Saturday afternoon and the banks were closed. I had to be back on base Monday morning.
    I took the check to a local hardware/gunshop. The owner was hemming and hawing about the large check.
    My father loved Winchester lever guns. I saw a new Buffalo Bill commemoritive on the rack. "If you cash my check, I'll buy that rifle" I told the owner. He agreed, and I gave him a little over $125 for the rifle.
    I went home and gave the rifle to my dad, he was delighted. He declared: "This rifle will never be shot". He wanted to preserve it's collector value.
    I lost dad a year later. The rifle? It's still in my safe, unfired.
    Best,
    Mike

NRA Life Member
    Remember Ira Hayes

Boolit Buddy

The only ones I own that have never been shot are a matched set of Teddy Roosevelt Winchester 94's that were my 1st birthday present. I doubt that they ever will be fired. Other wise I buy em to shoot em. if I don't like the way they shoot down the road they go.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Buddy
    I also only have one rifle that I have not shot. It is a Weatherby Vangard in 7mm Rem mag that I bought last year before christmas. I bought it in case I ever get to go on a ELk hunt (but not here in TN), and that I bought it at Walley Word on sale for $350, marked down from I believe 450. I just couldnt pass up the deal. It is not the fancey weatherby but the one with the tan stock with black spider webb. My wife will never send me Christmas shopping again.

Boolit Mold
    More than 70. I bought a few when I had a C&R FFL a decade ago. Ran out of money and time to get the cosmoline off and shoot them.
    Russ N
    near beautiful Freistatt
    in hot SW Missouri

Boolit Master

Just got to thinking and I do have 3 of my own that I can't remember the last time I shot them and then there are 2-3 for the kids that haven't been shot yet and then there is the wife's 2 that she hasn't shot yet and there just might be another in there some place.
    Need to get more range time in and do some relaxing.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Currently I have more than 5 I have not shot ... they are all Garands or M1 Carbines ... I was on a quest to acquire at least one of each of the carbine manufactures and one of each year of production and manufacture for the Garands ... starting at 1941 of course! -- earlier years are way to expensive for me ...

Now that the quest is almost complete, they will all get some range time in the future ..

Now, I do have a couple that have not been fired in years ... Off the top of my head there are several 22LR and one 22Mag that I can not remember the last time they were fired along with a couple M1917s ... of well!! Maybe I need to go digging in the safe and see exactly what I need to bring back to life ...

Boolit Master
    If you count Encore barrels I've got 5 not shot but that will change as soon as I can get to the range without sweating all over the equipment. 96 here in VA again today. They are 4 MLs and 1 CF. 2 are totally new stuff and 3 are new to me. 3 complete guns and the 2 Encore barrels to go on my exist frame. 10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Master

10ga, what part of Tidewater are you in? Im in Va Beach, by 64.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Just my "next" one...
    Amen brother, I 've shot all mine. Usually pretty quick after I get'em.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I shoot most of mine straightaway, just teh ones that require moulds, etc, etc seem to hit a delay. Current;y suffering from a torn rotator cuff on my shooting shoulder. Consequently, I have a few 300 Win Mags and a few 338WMs that need some loading and a good shoulder.

But, as I said before if you have a whole mess of guns (mine is in 3 figures, you can be doiing and awful lot of shooting and not getting around them all and have a guy that has a pistol, a rifle and a shotgun tutt tutting at you for only shooting 87 of your 100+ guns
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Grand Master

SWMBO read this over my shoulder and remarked "TOO D@^^ MANY." I guess she may be right cause there are several that haven't seen daylight in quite a while. I think I'll remedy that this weekend.

Banned

Approaching 5 I think. But it's not my fault ...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I never intended to accumulate so many rifles (main part of armoury), pistols and shotguns and always had a few 22s, a 223, a 30/06, and an 870 shotgun. After they confiscated my 870 years ago, most shooters considered it the thin edge of the wedge and that we would eventually lose all of out guns. I was determined to buy any gun that I fancied because I thought that if things got tougher, I'd have a better chance of hanging onto guns that I already owned than trying to convince some offical that I should have one. I have accumulated a lot og guns, but bought guns that I had always fancied and intended to try them and move them on once I had had a good play with them. I thought that from the guns I fancied, I'd end up with a moderate armoury that would suit me and serve me well.

I didn't want to be sitting on the rocker on the porch in years to come saying, 'I wish I had'a tried one of those, I wonder what there like?' Thats why I have so many guns at the ,moment, bit of a log jam, havign trouble getting the loading and shooting done, but I'm doing my best!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Banned

Another example of how ridiculous gun control is.

Boolit Man

Two, a recently aquired 1898 Springfield sporter in 30-40 Krag that I need to find brass for, and an 8mm Lebel my dad gave me that's been sitting in the safe for about 20 years I guess.
    Last edited by 67bear; 09-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast