Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionPBcastco
Repackbox Wideners

View Poll Results: How many rifles do you have you have never shot?

Voters
874. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

398 45.54%
  • 2 or less

156 17.85%
  • 3-5

116 13.27%
  • more than 5

204 23.34%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rifles do you have you've never shot?

Boolit Master

This is a "loaded" question, not going to shoot any of the 18th & 19th century muzzel loaders nor the very low number RIA 03 Springfield. All modern ones have been shot , including 2 last Saturday.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    Didnt vote cause mine is a shotgun...old double barrel Ithica that was my grandfathers. It has a sticky hammer and plenty of rust on it. Waitin on that perfect whitetail to mount so that I can hang this shotgun in the antlers.

Boolit Buddy
    More than five...

Ruger RSM 416 Rigby
    Ruger 10/22
    Browning 1886 45/70
    Marlin converted to 50 Alaskan
    Benelli 1014-Ok it's a shotgun, but I counted it nayway
    Rock River 458 SOCOM

That's all off the top of my head

Boolit Master

I would never own one I didn't intend to shoot,prize collector me not...
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Master

I was surprised how many when I counted. I'll shoot them all eventually. My heavy match schedule provides little time for fun shooting. So many rifles, so little time.

On Heaven's Range

New acquisitions (that is, new to me) rarely get past sunset of the day of arrival without being fired. If there is a delay, it's only the wait until my next day off.

It's a tough regimen, but someone has to do it.... I am blessed with "open" winters, which makes it easier. Not necessarily warm, you understand, but not snowed-in, either.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

I currently have 3, a Marlin 70HC, T/C 22 Classic and Henry .22 lever action. All are for sale come to think of it, I'm overloaded with rimfires..
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Master
    i bought a mauser action just for the action to rebarrel to .257 rob. it has a model 70 win. barrel in 280 rem. on it now. i don't care for a 280rem. so someday it will get a new barrel. and i have some other long guns i bought for parts that i'll never shoot.

Boolit Buddy
    none, i love to shoot rifles...

well don't let me lie here I just picked up a Savage BTV at an amazing price doesn't have a scope on it yet so no shooting. so sheepishly I must say 1
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Master
    I really do not know the number but I can think of 5 or 10 that I have never fired for one reason or another. I can think of another 10 or 20 that I shoot reall seldom but I can think of 50 or so that I shoot all the time so I guess thats the reason some get left to sit and wait till my mood changes and I change what I am shooting. I have a real problem in that I can not find anything that either I don't have or had at one time in gun stores so it is boring to visit them for me.

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Whoops. Misread the question, I only have one I ain't banged yet, and I bought that for the action.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Growing up there were no Safe Queens. It was either a shooting or hunting tool or it was never a consideration. I have no use for objects sitting about "Looking Pretty".
    I have not yet bought a rifle or pistol without first considering if is it shootable. I will do what needs done to make it shoot acurately or it gets moved along.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    I've got one that I have not shot yet,a 7mm Rem Mag Howa 1500 rifle.
    Just not had the time too shoot it yet or my other 16 rifles(they have been shot)
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

none...had a browning b-92 in 357 that i felt bad shooting because it was too pretty. sold it for more than double what i paid for it and bought powder and primers! if i had an antique that was questionable, i might keep it in the safe...otherwise shoot 'em!

Boolit Master
    Couple of 300 Win Mags, two .22 mags, one .338, one .458. three .22's, one AR 15 and one S&W 41 that just came in. All are new. May be more but that is all I can think of at the moment.

In Remembrance

I'm not wealthy enough to afford safe queens. We all have to pull our weight around here. I have bought and traded for a very few that I didn't shoot in the past, but they quickly were moved for filthy lucre.

Boolit Master

I have had afew that I sold before I got I got any ammo loaded up for them. Any gun I buy I intend to shoot, I like "pretty" guns but I like "pretty" guns that shoot well much more. Any that I can't get to shoot well usually go down the road. I have 2 safes now and my wife says I can't get another safe.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I got more safes than most people got guns. I have a heap I haven't got around to firing cause my buying has been in full swing for a long while and my range and hunting time have been suffering a bit of late. I'll get there. There are guns that haven't been shot, but all my guns are shooters as far as I'm concerned. I have shot all my pistols save one, a brand new Ruger Old Army (clean up guns) I got a pair, one is great, the other one locked up the moment I started to cock it to do a safety check. I carefully pulled it apart and reassembled it and it did it again. I haven't had time to check it since.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

None. I buy them to shoot, not to look at or to show off.

Boolit Mold
    Isaphore Lee Enfield in 308 old 8 mm mauser of unkown vintage and a mini14 series180 that I inherited

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast