RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data

View Poll Results: How many rifles do you have you have never shot?

Voters
874. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

398 45.54%
  • 2 or less

156 17.85%
  • 3-5

116 13.27%
  • more than 5

204 23.34%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: How many rifles do you have you've never shot?

Well ... I'm standing at about 130+ guns in my collection right now and I hate to have to admit that a good 1/3 or more haven't been shot by me yet. Most of them were purchased as "retirement projects" and although I am now retired I just haven't got to them all yet. (But I'll work on that ... really I will!)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

I only own a dozen or so, so they all get shot, but not as often as I'd like to.

Boolit Master
    There are a few in my collection that haven't been fired and a few with less than 5 rounds down the tube. More of a pistol shooter. Can't wait to retire and spend more time on the long range

Boolit Bub

I have 1 that has never been shot. It is a Rem.541S NIB, that I am going to give to my 3 1/2 yr.old grandson.

Boolit Master

Not enough! I only have about......... I don't really know how many, but I will always want more!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Only the ones I've yet to purchase.......
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

Pretty much all of them.

If i'm not gonna shoot it I don't want it!

Boolit Mold
    25+.......but then again, I have an FFL 01 so when I find a good/great deal, I grab it!

I'll probably end up shooting them all except 1 when I find the time. It's a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe in 7mm Weatherby Mag. The man I got it from received it back in 1986 from a bank in Colorado in lieu of interest for buying a CD. They were out of Leupold scopes and it had a Pentax on it. The gun has never (except the factory test rounds) had a round through it and is absolutely MINT! Not even a fingerprint on it and the gun is approaching 30 years old. On top of that, it has a very light blond colored (rarely seen) stock rather than the darker ones commonly seen on the Mark V's. I bought the gun, hardcase, and 5 boxes of Weatherby ammo for $1,032.00 shipped. I had every intention of shooting the darn thing but when I received it and saw the shape it was in, I just couldn't take it to the range. I had visions of someone walking past and bumping it, sending it to the concrete. Then, when/if I ever got out, I wouldn't be able to possess ANY firearms (LOL) so I decided to just keep it locked up and pass it down to one of my sons.
    Rodney

Boolit Bub
    I have a total of four rifles, two of which I have not shot: my mother's Model '95 Winchester .405, and a Remington 700 .35 Whelen which I purchased just yesterday.

one . . . . an as new Marlin 3030 bought a month ago - read so much about the 3030 cartridge being such a good one for cast i started buying dies etc as they came along over the last few years. Already have a winchester and a rossi in .45 so thought a marlin would be a good idea, even if its a micro grooze. Planning on putting a weaver scout mount ontop with a burris, maybe a barrel chop to get rid of the front barrel band, half mag with a short can type suppressor later on if the concept works. That woud free up my .308 for longer range work which currently i use with cast/suppressed for pest control.

cheers

Boolit Buddy
    My answer is because the money is headed to where the gun is,and hasn't arrived yet. Thus I sort of own one,but don't,so I answered less than 2. So since zero isn't a number does my answer really count?
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Master

I have at least 5 I haven't shot. Can't explain it. I won't shoot it till I'm load'n it!
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Only one that I've never shot - Mossberg 500 I bought for HD. Haven't had anywhere to go out and blast with it, range only allows shotguns for skeet shooting. I do have a couple that I haven't shot in several years, but that's going to change soon!

Boolit Master
    I remember the Weatherby being offered by the Bank of Boulder on CDs in lieu of the interest being advertised in the American Rifleman when I was a kid that Rodney has. Oh ya...maybe 10 or so unshot rifles
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    I've got a Rossi 92 in .357, a Mosin ex sniper and a couple or ARs that I haven't shot yet.
    I have a few pistols that still need an outing too. A Ruger 22/45, a few Walther PP models in 32.

That's all I can think of at the moment!

I have a few on the way too. Which kind of counts right???

Boolit Buddy
    I have some that I haven't shot but i haven't counted them.

An 38-55 SRC that needs a new buttstock before it is shootable.

A Husqvarna 9.3x62 that i got cheap years ago, but ihave actually loaded some ammo for her and she's coming out next range trip.

A M1894 winchester 32-40 with a 26" bbl, my great grandfather's rifle from his ranching days at the turn of the twentieth century. I hope to take a deer with it some time but mostly I hope to pass it on to whichever of my offspring "earns" it.

A couple antique webley and colt revolvers that will be shot in time.

Nothing high end but everything is a "classic" one way or another.

Boolit Buddy

None. I could see it happening, possibly, (probably not) if I had a lot of gun money, but now...I shoot them all and shoot them regularly.

David

Banned
    Would like to say none but probably still have 20-30 that I have never fired. At least these are just because I haven't got to it.

Used to have many SAAs, both Commems & early guns + collected the Browning, Win, Colt, S&W commems.

I just couldn't stand not being able to shoot them or they would decrease in value. So, I sold almost all of them.

Kept a few that I planed to shoot, Win M-63 standard grade, 2 SAAs, a couple 22s, & a couple others. Keep meaning to shoot them but always others I want to shoot more.

Now with getting involved in rifle CBs it may be my sons that get to try them out. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Well ... I'm standing at about 130+ guns in my collection right now and I hate to have to admit that a good 1/3 or more haven't been shot by me yet. Most of them were purchased as "retirement projects" and although I am now retired I just haven't got to them all yet. (But I'll work on that ... really I will!)
    OK ... update time ... I guess we can revise that earlier comment to about 150 now ... and most of them haven't been shot yet ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast