Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

View Poll Results: How many rifles do you have you have never shot?

Voters
874. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

398 45.54%
  • 2 or less

156 17.85%
  • 3-5

116 13.27%
  • more than 5

204 23.34%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: How many rifles do you have you've never shot?

Boolit Buddy
    Only handgun I own that I haven't shot is a Romanian Tokarev, need to get some ammo loaded for it first.

A number of milsurp rifles, most I just haven't got around to yet. M96 swedish in 6.5x55mm, Brazilian 1908 in 7x57mm, 2x Argentine M1909 in 7.65x53 one Cavalry Carbine and one rifle, and a FN-49 in 7.92x57mm. Have ammo loaded for all of them now, just need to get back into routine of weekly range visits to practice with service rifle and take one other rifle to shoot.

I've got a HRA service grade special M1, an IHC service grade and a Winchester service grade that I haven't fired yet, all my Garand firing is either vintage military matches of practicing with the HRA service grade I shoot in matches. M1 carbine that I bought on the forum here that is in line for my next range session, hopefully this tuesday or wednesday. Finally a M1917 Eddystone that I've been unable to remove the stock to cleanup 90+ years of cosmoline due to a stripped and frozen screw. I did get the upper handguard off, then family 'helped' me clean my garage and I've never found the handguard since.
    Last edited by goryshaw; 12-24-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

Boolit Master
    I have two guns that I've never shot. Both were my Grandfathers. One is a Remington 1100 with a 30in barrel, I have its twin from him also but it is 26in and a good clay breaker. The 2nd is a Winchester 1890 made in 1917 in 22WRF. Hard to find caliber, I have some Limited Edition 1986 Winchester ammo for it. I restored the wood as the stock had a small crack. I had the metal reblued professionally. I was not worried about the value or collector status, I want this to go to my kids and then their kids. It was my grandfathers first gun and what he learned on. I want that to continue.

Boolit Bub
    I have 2 shotguns I never shot but rifles I don't have any I haven't shot.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have only one I have never fired: a Remington 742 '06 that I inherited from my grandfather. It is in excellent condition, Papaw rarely hunted deer and I doubt he put more than 20 or so rounds through it. I may give it a try someday, or maybe not. If the rifle wasn't an heirloom I would have sold it by now as I like lever and bolt guns.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Bub
    I bought a Remington pump 22 back in 1986, and have not shoot it.

Last month I had two, but the Hipoint Carbine in .45acp made it to the range and was sighted in.

That leaves me with one, a .45 colt barrel for my Handi Rifle.

Ammo is loaded, it is ready to go in its case. Just have not gotten there yet. I expect it will happen in the next 2 weeks.

I was going to say none as the first thing I do when I get any gun is go shoot it to see what works best in it & develop loads for it. Then I remembered the .303 British I was given not long ago. I kind of liked the old rifle & would have kept it except I am left handed & the handle was on the wrong side (for me). I tried to give it to my nephew but he was too busy chasing girls & working. I finally gave it to a guy for helping me move. He was short of cash & needed a deer rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    The 1 I've never shot I bought a month ago. Since then it's been just too darn cold to go to the range! Today the windchill hit 5. The mercury hit 15! It's 10 right now.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Buddy

I only have 4 rifles. All have been shot by me, they all work as designed, but I shoot my pistols probably 10x more often.

Boolit Bub
    I probably have 8-10 that I haven't shot. Pre-War M70 project rifle that will hopefully some day be made into a custom rifle, Rem 700 7mm Mag (have 2 and just haven't got to this one yet), 3 .243's I picked up for the grandkids (they won't be needing them for a while yet), a couple of AR15's that I put together, and a couple of Contender barrels that will need load development when the weather gets better.

It's still just the .54 T/C sidelock! Too cold is my excuse today.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    got a couple of shotguns that I haven't used yet

Boolit Buddy

I do have one rifle that has only been fired at the factory by the maker but not me, a Savage 93R 17HMR that I purchased from Dicks around 10 years ago. It needs to be shot as I have enough ammo here for it that cost as much as it did. Had to have it, omg I just remembered I have a M1 Carbine that was made by universal that I got back in 1970 that replaced one that i had that was defective and I never shot this one.
    OOPS, I forgot about the Savagae stealth in 6.5 and the Ruger American Ranch in 300AAC, and the one from the other day a fun gun, (mm Keltec Sub2000 gen 2. I promise that is all.
    Last edited by whtsmoke; 02-15-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

As of last Saturday-none!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have been buying a lot of guns in the past few months and they are the only ones I haven't shot yet. Some I don't have any ammo for YET, and some are for projects down the road.
    I can't think of any I have owned for a year that I haven't fired yet, none of my guns are safe queens even the many antique guns I own I shoot them all.

Jedman

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    1 Carcano carbine in 6.5 . I'd shoot it but I don't have a bolt for it .

Eddie
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Quote Originally Posted by whtsmoke View Post
    I do have one rifle that has only been fired at the factory by the maker but not me, a Savage 93R 17HMR that I purchased from Dicks around 10 years ago. It needs to be shot as I have enough ammo here for it that cost as much as it did. Had to have it, omg I just remembered I have a M1 Carbine that was made by universal that I got back in 1970 that replaced one that i had that was defective and I never shot this one.
    I bought one of those about ten years ago and it has turned out to be my most used rifle. Everything from crows to unwanted guests in my fish pond has seen the deadly side of this accurate little cartridge. If it is over 200 yds I reach back for the 22-250 or .204 but if it is under 200 the little 17 is deadly. It also serves as a truck gun for varmints.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Currently I have 3 that I haven't shot yet. I have planned on taking them on more then one occasion but it hasn't happen yet.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0316.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	213638
    This one. Looks like I won't be able to hit the range until March
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

The only rifles I have that I have never shot are trades that I have no intention of keeping for
    myself. At present a Yugo SKS and a Rem 700 mountain rifle 270 and 94 win. 30/30.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast