MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataPBcastco
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: How many rifles do you have you have never shot?

Voters
874. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

398 45.54%
  • 2 or less

156 17.85%
  • 3-5

116 13.27%
  • more than 5

204 23.34%
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rifles do you have you've never shot?

Boolit Master

How many rifles do you have you've never shot?

I usually have at least one rifle hanging around I just had to have, but haven't shot. I took a look this morning and I've got 5 at the moment, I was astounded, stupid thing is I have handload development all started on all of them but one, just never pulled the trigger.
    Weatherby Mark V Ultralite 30-06, brand new had to buy, it was a steal.
    Kimber 8400 300 WSM, same reason as above.
    Remington 700 BDL .338 Winchester Magnum, see above.
    Winchester 94 .30-30 ranger, ditto, first .30-30 I ever owned.
    Winchester 70 Featherweight, new one made in NC, again see above, this one I haven't started any handloads for yet, but it is scoped and ready to go.

So how many do you have unshot?

Only one; a Pre64 Winchester 94 in 32 Win Special. Have had it a little over a year. Or has it been two...? Have too many other irons in the fire to get started on that one.

-ktw

well have shot them all at one time or another, maybe you should have added not shot in 5 years or more also? got some that havn't been shot in 20 years! (i know my bad) steve k
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Grand Master

I know I have at least one rifle and one pistol. I'm afraid to look because I will probably find more. I usually make it a point to shoot right away but one is and 7.7 Arisaki because I didn't get ammo right away, never shot and also a 38 S&W that I don't have ammo for either but it is in questionable shape. I bought it because it was cheap and a break top action. (looks like a cap gun).
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned
    ZERO

Having am unused toy violates alot of my rules of fiscal and mental sensibility.

{EDIT}
    I remembered the jazail hanging on the wall. It is old and scary and has a square bore....I ain't ever gonna shoot it. It is a dust collector/conversation starter.
    Last edited by 357maximum; 03-08-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: memory kicked in.

Beekeeper
    About 20 of them
    Most are antiques and I am not sure I should fire them but intend to shoot some of the ( witha lanyard and furniture blanket) this year and the rest next year.

Jim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    About 20 of them
    Most are antiques and I am not sure I should fire them but intend to shoot some of the ( witha lanyard and furniture blanket) this year and the rest next year.

Jim
    We have one old original 36 caliber Pennsylvania halfstock rifle that was made about 1840-1850 . We have owned that rifle for well over 30 years . I just got around to shooting it for the first time last summer

As far as all rifles go counting the original Civil War rifled muskets it's a good many . But when you count the cartridge guns it's atleast 5 maybe a couple more !

Have 5 Ruger #1's I've yet to shoot since we got them !
    Also a Mannlicher Schoenauer 8x56MS and a Jap Arisaka 6.5mm I recently inherited from my maternal grandfather (have dies , brass and bullets already for the Arisaka).
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master

I said none then remembered a Springfield from the Civil War that my ancestor carried. It has been handed down thru the years and butchered along the way. I am perfectly comfortable NOT shooting it...kinda figure it is not safe to do so.

Also I have 3 revolvers that I've never fired. Collectable...but I suspect that will change this summer. I may as well enjoy them and hang the so called collector value.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

I have 16 rifles at last count and shoot them all, kind of like my old cars, they all get thier turn sooner or later.

Boolit Master

One, at the moment. That will be resolved as soon as I get loads developed.
    This never happens to me, as I usually shoot them right after I get them, and always try to get a box of ammo with a "new" one. None available at the time, so it didin't happen this time.

I will vote NONE, as that is my usual status.
    USMC 1980-1985

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Back when I had a job,, way way back now,, whenever I saw a deal,, I bought for those times in the future I would have no income and needed cash OR a "new to me" rifle to wring out.
    Very glad I did.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Same as 45nut, can't pass up a deal on rifles or loading equipment. Have 2 Rockchuckers plus 4 other presses but while at an auction today bought another Rockchucker for $30.00. I have bought many guns for no other reason than they were cheap. Also have collectable's that I won't shoot.

Larry

Boolit Bub
    currently 40 soon 41 soon as the barrel is screwed on

Boolit Grand Master
    One. A cut down trapdoor that has a very deep rear sight dovetail that is about fifteen degrees off plumb.

Robert

Zero for me. I'm too much like a little kid with a new toy. Most of my aquisitions get fired the day I receive them. Sometimes even if it's dark.

Only reason I wouldn't shoot a gun is if there's something wrong with it, so it either doesn't work, or firing it would cause damage beyond normal use. I ain't in to beanie babies.

Boolit Master

I have better than a half dozen that I have not got around to shooting yet.
    I had two jobs and went back to college eves for a few years so I had extra cash but no time to shoot.
    I bought a bunch of lever action rifles and some excellent condition military bolt actions.
    The decision to stock up on Winchesters just before they went out of business seems to have been a good one as they have all doubled or more in value since.

Now I can go to the gun vault and pick out a "new" gun every so often, as I please.
    I'm not in any big hurry to try them all out the same day.

Jack

Boolit Master
    I voted none and that's true so far as weapons that work ...........

But one gun resides here that I have not fired ....... it's stock is broken from before I came by it ...... a Trap Door Springfield that's been in our ranching family for generations ........

One of these days, I'll rectify this!

Three 44s

Boolit Grand Master

I have shot all of them. In fact I have hunted and taken at least one animal with all of them including a WWII Krieghoff Custom Mannlicher with full engraving and silver floorplate that was presented to a German Fighter Pilot by Goering.

I am not a collector but have many friends who are.

To each their own.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Banned

ive got 3 of them that ive aquired this winter and have loaded a bunch of ammo for but am waiting for the snow to go and a bit warmer weather.

Boolit Master
    I shoot them as soon as I get them!

Winelover

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast