RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lee Loader

Boolit Master

lee load all

i used the 12ga for about two years with no problems loaded 1000s of rounds on it bought a mec used the only difference I see is the mec crimps a little better!
    If you get one get the primer feeder its an opt. and makes loading go faster.

Boolit Bub
    i've been usin' lee loaders fer about 40 y'ars now, and have acquired a fair stack of 'em, as my gun kerleckshun rotated. i now have several i'd trade; a 6.5x55 swede, a 280 rem, most of a 7x57 (i keep breakin' th' pins offa th' primer punches and th' shafts offa th' rammers) a 7.65 mauser, and a 3" .410 and two 12 gauges. i'm lookin' fer a 9x57, a lebel 8x50R, a 32-40, a 22 hi-power, an 8x56ms, and a 16 gauge. for th' time bein' i'm keepin' th' 6.5x54ms, one 7x57, th' 8x57, th' 32-20, th' 257 roberts, th' 32 special, and one 12-gauge. i've found them rammers go all to pieces ef ye try to use 'em on them j-word slugs with th' plastic tips; somehow they cain't take th' rebound, er sumpthin'. so i don't use them kinda projectiles, no more, even if somebody gives 'em to me fer free! it sure is comfortin' to an old man to know there's something as simple and honest as a lee loader that'll keep on working in this modern age--now if i could jist find a rotary phone, a studebaker pickup, and 30-cent gas to run it, i'd be happier'n a pig in...mud!
    mind yer topknots!
    windy

"sonny, whar i growed up, 'magnum' was jist another word for 'lousy hunter'!"
    Last edited by windy; 04-15-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: add signature

Boolit Bub
    oh, by the way, did anybody find a set of instructions fer that "zero error target model"? i got a partial set i'd like to try,but no paperwork.

windy

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Windy,

I've got a Target loader in 7mm that has the instructions. They are copies of an original.

My home computer is down so I can't send them via computer. I'm at the library now and I don't think they'd let me plug anything into the computer. If you are not in a hurry, pm me your snail mail and I'll try to get a paper copy out to you.

p.s. Might be interested in that 410 loader you have. I've got a trade in the works swappin' my nearly new 45lc set for a fairly rusty 410 set that I don't even know if it's 2.5 or 3 inch. I'd like to have both sizes but if the one I get is a 3" I want to see if I can make a spacer bushing and load 2.5's on the 3 inch die. If so, I won't need another one provided the rust isn't too bad on the one I'm getting. I just want to be able to keep the kids in ammo during squirrel and rabbit season. Store bought 410 is way too expensive.

Boolit Master
    Any of you fellow Lee loader fans have 1975 copyright load data sheets for the shotgun loaders? Specifically for the 2.5" 410, the 2.75" 20 ga, the 2.75" 16 ga, the 2.75" 12 ga, and both lengths of 10 gauge(3.5" and 2-7/8")?

I have some of the older load data sheets for most of the shotgun loaders, but would like to have copies of the newer ones. 1975 is the latest date I have seen on the shotgun loaders. If anyone has ones with the 1975 copyright that they could scan and send to me, I would very much appreciate it!

And Windy, if for some reason you still need a copy of the target loader instructions, I have a scanned copy of them I can e-mail to you. Thanks all! Billy
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    I'll look at my dates. I have 410 16 & 12...
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Boolit Mold
    I have one of these for 45 colt, it works fine, and seems pretty fast to me. I can load about 1 cartridge per minute. Fast enough for me

I have Lee Loaders that I used in the late 1960's. They are 38/357 and .45acp. Both are in excellent condition and in the original boxes. That's surprising as they've been moved countless times!

Keeping the boxes from Speer bullets that I used helped me keep round counts and I remember having boxes for thousands of bullets. They worked great for me because I was going to school and didn't have two nickels to rub together. I lived in a 1959 $900 trailer, paid $17.50 lot rent and watched a tiny TV while loading. Tap, tap, tap! Life was simpler then.

Flash
    You Gotta Die Of Something........It May As Well Be Something That You Like!

Lovin' the Harley Idle: potato........potato...........potato

Quote Originally Posted by ROGER4314 View Post
    I have Lee Loaders that I used in the late 1960's. They are 38/357 and .45acp. Both are in excellent condition and in the original boxes. That's surprising as they've been moved countless times!

Keeping the boxes from Speer bullets that I used helped me keep round counts and I remember having boxes for thousands of bullets. They worked great for me because I was going to school and didn't have two nickels to rub together. I lived in a 1959 $900 trailer, paid $17.50 lot rent and watched a tiny TV while loading. Tap, tap, tap! Life was simpler then.

Flash
    Yeah... it was. Miss it every now and then.

beer was cheaper then too!
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

My .308 Win Lee loader got me into handloading. I'm brand new and still learning the basic mechanics but i feel like i have maximum control right now with this setup. I got a single stage press for Christmas and have .30 Carbine and 9mm carbide die sets coming this week. Can't wait to see how well I like the SS press. I'm sure eventually I'll step up to the "big time" with a progressive but I have too much to learn before I get to that point...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetickhound View Post
    My .308 Win Lee loader got me into handloading. I'm brand new and still learning the basic mechanics but i feel like i have maximum control right now with this setup. I got a single stage press for Christmas and have .30 Carbine and 9mm carbide die sets coming this week. Can't wait to see how well I like the SS press. I'm sure eventually I'll step up to the "big time" with a progressive but I have too much to learn before I get to that point...
    I use SS for any other than straightwall. Heck if the dillon is set up for .357 and i need 100 .44 i still might use SS. Sometimes i load with my loaders in living room hangin out with family.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Since I'm not looking to store up more than 1000 rounds for each weapon I'll be loading for I may just stick with the SS...
    Tennessee... Patron state of shootin' stuff...

Boy, lots of love for the LL. My first was a .38spl set in 1972. Still have it along with loaders for every caliber I load plus some I don't. I learned the basics of reloading on that first set. I think everyone should start with one of these to really understand on a physical level exactly what is going on when a cartridge is reloaded. Running cases through a set of dies in a press doesn't give you that up close and personal perspective like a Lee Loader will.

Banned

back in the early 60's i used a lee loader to make super accurate .222rem rounds for my rem varmint rifle. i did use a lyman-ohaus scale instead of the dipper.

Boolit Master

Just came home with what I thought was a Lee Loader in .357. In the box, but missing the flaring tool, decapping rod, scoop and primer pocket cleaner. Was doing a little cleaning, then I took a closer look at the box and it says "Mequon," not Lee. Kind of surprised, as I'd not been familiar with the Lee corporate history. Anyway what's there looks good, and there's a show coming up in a couple of weeks so it'll give me a a few parts to keep an eye open for. Got it for $5, which seemed almost worth it for the priming tool. I own several of these reloaders, though I haven't loaded a single round with one–I'm just always intrigued by them!
    Sam

Boolit Master
    I have one for 12 guage and one for 9mm, i certainly didn't start loading with them, but they are a fun and handy little gadget! Especially now that i am moving to a new school into an apartment, so i'll be away from my press for awhile, at least i can feel like i am doing something loading for my CM9 and shotgun, better than no reloading at all! I still prefer a hand priming tool and scale for backup, but dang it is such a handy little setup, truely all you need besides a hammer to get workable rounds!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Windy,

I know it's been a LOOOONG time since I offered to try to get you some instructions for the Target Loader and I apologize for not doing it sooner but I just the other day got my scanner reoladed on the computer so I could use it again. Ever since I had to have the hard drive replaced, the program for it has been gone and I just found the disc to reload it the other day.

Anyway, I started a post that has pic's of the instruction sheets for the Target Loader, the Standard Loader and the Shotgun Loader. I checked and found that I also have the instructions for the Unitized Loader but I have not yet uploaded pic's of that one. The Unitized and the Improved kit instructions should be identical I believe except the written part for the Unitized kit mentions that it full length sizes. Once I get that one uploaded, it should pretty much have folks covered who need instructions for any of the kits.

Here's the link

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...r-instructions

Boolit Master

I've got one of those "Mequon" in 38-40. If anyone is interested I'm giving away a Lee Handloader down in the PIF in .338 WM.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ader-in-338-WM

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Buddy
    Just got me one in .308
    Now, if any one can help with the instruction sheet ... not the 'how to use' but the load data part.
    TIA

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast