Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Thanks & my next project.

Boolit Bub

Thanks & my next project.

First off just wanted to say thanks to all you fellers, for all the great info that I used to load some successful Lee Slugs!!!

The next iron I plan to pull out of the fire is some .410 buck shot loads. I'm casting some .311 & .350 RBs that I'll load using 0 & 000 Buck loading data. I have a good load for IMR4227 but also have some 2400 that I'd like to use. I'm using WAA410HS wads in WAA red hulls.

So I'd be your buddy for ever if anybodies got any 2400 data.

13 grains is the original universal load for 2400 powder in 410 - any conventional plastic hull, any conventional plastic wad, any convention 209 shot-shell primer, and a shot load weight from 7/16oz. to 1/2oz. in 2-1/2" shells and 5/8oz. to 3/4oz. in 3" shells.

As with any universal load many possible combinations will represent a reduced load since it is calculated off of the combination of components that would give the highest pressure level with that charge, but it will work without bloopers for the other combinations just velocity might by slightly lower then it could be.

I see no reason why it wouldn't work with your buckshot loads - I have used it for buckshot loads in my 410 guns.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks turbo! That's about what my research is telling me. I have a Homemade dipper that's throwing 12.5gr. leveled, I can coax a few tenths more out of. I'm thinking I'll go with it.