Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk Jug uses

I cut the bottom off of a 1 gallon jug and use it for giving the coon dogs and rabbit dogs some water when we are out hunting. If you cut the bottom 2 or 3 inches off, a full jug of water will nest in it and keep the bowl from blowing away while driving.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

I use them as a firestarter in my woodburning stove at home..place on top of wood and light kinlin, they slowly melt over the wood with a nice flame.
    You'll shoot your eye out kid !

Boolit Master

For Waksupi;
    Check out the cheap laundry detergent jugs.
    1. Wide mouth
    2. Large caps easily marked for ID
    3. Very tuff. Withstands much abuse in the rear of the truck.
    Some of the more expensive brands (Tide) are a little more dificult to modify but will work if that's all you have.
    From a satisfied user of many years.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    TARP WEIGHTS???? I have never heard of anyone being so hard-up for a few good, old fashioned ROCKS
    Gear
    Hey, Gear, there were no rocks within a 100 mile radius from where we used to live in Nebraska. The first time we took our little girls on vacation, they were bound and determined to load the trunk down with every rock they found. They were so excited.
    Cloudpeak

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    I use a LARGE mouth , 32-ounce Gatorade bottle for that, no cutting holes to allow spills when it gets knocked over in the middle of the night.

Gear
    Tell ya what works even better is a Bisquick pancake bottle, small jug, big opening.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...999SBWX3DMWYVA There are all kinds of uses for these jugs. Buy some and make your wife pancakes for breakfast.

We used to use milk jugs(cut out part across from handle) for planters. You start your tomatoes in them.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Grand Master

Any rocks you see around here are shipped in - usually as ballast in the old sailing ships. All the rip-rap got here that way. Hard up for rocks - well, can't go out in the back yard and get any!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

I use a LARGE mouth , 32-ounce Gatorade bottle for that, no cutting holes to allow spills when it gets knocked over in the middle of the night.

Gear
    It fits in a sleeping bag too.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I clean my guns by clamping the barrel (s) into the padded jaws of a vise on my loading bench and the cleaning fluid makes a mess when the brush comes out of the end of the barrel.

Cut a slot of the appropriate size so the barrel will enter the jug and the problem is over.

Handguns are a little short for this, but it works great for rifles and shotguns.
    RedHawk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by redhawk44 View Post
    I clean my guns by clamping the barrel (s) into the padded jaws of a vise on my loading bench and the cleaning fluid makes a mess when the brush comes out of the end of the barrel.

Cut a slot of the appropriate size so the barrel will enter the jug and the problem is over.

Handguns are a little short for this, but it works great for rifles and shotguns.
    That's a great idea. I've always hated the spray from the brush poking out the end of the barrel.

They make great flash diffusers for small cameras and vary in transparency, have several 4x4" pieces in my camera bag.
    32ideal

Boolit Buddy
    I just like to fill them with "WATER"........And blast them!
    NRA Life member since 91
    Retired Guard 20yrs
    Shoot,Shovel,Shut-up

Drop an overripe banana in one, add water and vinegar and a little molasses, and shake it up. Hang it in a fruit tree before bloom time. You will be amazed at the number of destructive moths and flies it will collect. If you don't like to spray insecticides on your fruit trees, this will help your fruit production a lot.

Boolit Master
    Drift fishing the grass flats... get a fish, drop a milk jug with a string and weight... circle around so you drift over the same place again.

Boolit Grand Master

Here in Arizona we have plenty of rocks. The milk jugs and antifreeze containers filled with sand make good anchors.

Attach the rope to the handle, if the anchor gets stuck in the rocks it is not too hard to pull the rope thru the handle.

Have had to do this many times.

Boolit Bub
    Cut disks with a 7/16" hollow punch from Harbor Freight.
    44 gas check wads for my 429421s!
    (O)(o)
    ---0000-(. .)-0000---

with the half gallon jugs, I can get 25 pounds of #7/#7.5-ish homemade birdshot into each jug.

If I am delivering the stuff to the customer, I always make it a point to duct tape the cap down to the jug. Then I always carry the jug by both the handle and the bottom.

I also use the same 1/2 gallon jugs for my own homemade chopped up corn cob media. I think I can get just 2 pounds of corncob media in a jug. Then I take the jugs with me to USPSA pistol matches and sell my media there. It kinda offsets the price of the match entry fee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12