RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Bullet Lube Extruder

Bullet Lube Extruder

This is my first prototype lube extruder, since this one I have made a few improvements. The drive rod can now be used with a drill to easily extruder the lube out. I use a beeswax/grease/parafin mix in my Lyman and Star that doesn't require a heater for using in the machines. I've never tried using this with the really hard lubes as I don't use the hard lubes.

You can extrude a little lube to fill up your sizer, or extruder a piece 2-3 foot long. To get the best cut ends, just extrude how much you need or the length you'll sell the lube at and use a blade to cut the lube from the extruder. You will be able to press the blade against the part of the extruder that creates the hollow portion of the lube stick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cast stuff007.jpg   cast stuff006.jpg  
    Last edited by Casting Timmy; 05-21-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Selling lube extruders! Contact me for details.

Boolit Buddy
    can you give a few details on how it works.
    cheers.

Contact me to buy a lube extruder, you can extruder hollow lube sticks for your rcbs and lyman sizers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exploded Luber004.jpg  
    Last edited by Casting Timmy; 05-21-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Now selling lube extruders

Contact me if you would like to buy a lube extruder
    Last edited by Casting Timmy; 05-21-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Now selling lube extruders

Boolit Man
    Buy a clay extruder for about 20 bucks and pour your melted lube into pvc which has the same inside diameter as the extruder. You can make multipule moulds and pour up as many as you want. Works great and you can extrude about thickness you want by working on the inserts that come with it.

Alan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan in WI View Post
    Buy a clay extruder for about 20 bucks and pour your melted lube into pvc which has the same inside diameter as the extruder. You can make multipule moulds and pour up as many as you want. Works great and you can extrude about thickness you want by working on the inserts that come with it.

Alan
    Wouldn't this just make thin strings of lube? He's extruding the lube into one inch sticks to fit inside the sizer.

It can get the OD right, but the ID is a little tight because of the 5/16" all thread for creating the hollow core. Currently when I use one auto cartridge of grease, a lb of beeswax, and a 1/4lb of parafin I fill up to extruders and have a little left over.
    Last edited by Casting Timmy; 05-21-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Details abotu operation added

Boolit Man
    I am using this extruder to make 3/16 thick grease cookies for my 45-70 and 45-90 Sharpes rifles. I think you could also make lube the same thickness or thicker for a 50 caliber. Like I said you can adjust the size by modifying the insert with a file.

Alan

Just out of curiousity...did any one ever try making their own extruder?