WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Lyman trueline jr.

Boolit Mold

Lyman trueline jr.

OK I have the trueline and have the No. 55 powder measure. I bought the Lee 4 die set but seem to need an adaptor. anyone know where I should start looking?
    I did not see one on the lee site.
    Last edited by Hitman; 02-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    If you mean you need an adapter to fit the 55 powder to the lee powder through the expander die. You won't find one, it will have to be custom made. I recently made something similar for an RCBS powder measure to fit a lee die to use on my Lyman AA press.
    Had to go from this>

to this>

To do that I made the adapter you see in the pic below, the piece in the middel>

It is pressed into the Lee powder funnel which is the piece on the right and slides into the piece on the left which is an adapter that came with the powder measure. when in place it looks like this>
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Le Loup Solitaire

Lyman True Line

Hi, From what you describe it seems that you have a problem. The True line press uses dies that have a completely different thread than Lee dies. The Lee dies are 7/8X 14 which is the standard size used by current manufacturers of presses. But there is a guy who sells on E-Bay, a turret (under the auction titled Reloading Tools) a turret made for the true line press that has 4 stations of the size 7/8X14 and your Lee dies will work very well in it. All you need is the $ that he is asking and if I recall correctly its around $47 for the turret. The Lyman 55 measure has threads that originally fit the true-line turret and doesn't need an adapter for that. If you acquire the new style turret with the 7/8X14 threads then you will need that adapter to mount the turret in new threads. The Lee dies are an improvement over the old Lyman true-line dies; they make equally good ammo, but the old Lyman dies do not/cannot full length resize cases and as such pose a bit of an inconvenience for some folks. The 4 hole 7/8X14 turret will accomodate the Lee 4 die set, but there will be no room for the 55 measure. If for some reason you still want the adaptor it is sold by Midway and is listed in their on line catalog for around $7. The True line press is a handy compact setup. It is not the strongest game in town but should get the job done, but I would not recomment that you do case forming or swaging on it or subject it to any unusual stress. LLS

Boolit Master
    I had the same problem with my Tru line Jr.

Converted it to a six hole turret, same guy that offers the four holer on e bay / gunbroker, and then set it up with a Lee four die set. I also have the universal case expanding die installed as well.

To attach the Lyman 55 I took the powder through die apart and made an adapter that replace's the screw in part of the Lee die. It is threaded to fit the powder through die and has a hole drilled and reamed on an angle to allow powder to flow through it smoothly.

The top is Knurled to aide in removing it, should I chose to, and turned to fit inside the 55's spout just like the original fitting for the Tru line press.

I have never been able to post pic's here but send me an email addy by PM and I'll shoot some pic's and send them to you.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I ran across this thread looking for an adaptor to put an RCBS powder drop on to Lee's rifle charging die/powder through dies and found this:

http://store.gun-guides.com/Perfect-Adapters_c_12.html
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    If you want the 7/8 x 14 turret they are considerably more than $47.00 quoted above/earlier. E-bay has been more around $80.00 of late.

It is really limited to pistol calibers only. Remember this is small light weight press.

Mine is setup for .32 H&R Magnum all the time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_001199.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	167719

There are several older threads on this group that cover almost everything you need to know about the Tru-Line Jr.

Hamish has the right answer for the powder drop adaptor but, you will still need to the 5/8's to 7/8's Lyman adapter.
    Last edited by 44Vaquero; 05-07-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Grand Master

Or hunt eBay for the 310 dies for your calibers. There is a trade thread in the Selling section here as well. BrassMagnet frequently has extras and mixmatched sets. What calibers are you loading?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    I love my little TruLine Jr presses and keep one set up all the time for 32 S&W long, buuttt I recognize the strength limits of the tiny size and resist any urge to make more of it than it is. I even thought of reboring and threading one hole to 7/8 X 14 so I can use a carbide sizer, but have decided to leave it as is for the foreseeable future. I've been able to find TL Jr or 310 tool dies in all of the pistol and rifle calibers I want to load, and for the latter, if neck sizing only is not sufficient I'll just move up to one of my "full sized" presses.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"