RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It would be handy to have a vendors page....

Boolit Master

It would be handy to have a vendors page....

I know we have a vendors section, but it is not the same. It would be handy to have a page which is linked to from the castboolits front page with a list of all the vendor sponsors and a link to their website. If we already have this, I apologize, but I haven't found it. What I am getting at is a quick way to get to their website in case of wanting to double check their contact info, products, etc.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by happy7 View Post
    I know we have a vendors section, but it is not the same. It would be handy to have a page which is linked to from the castboolits front page with a list of all the vendor sponsors and a link to their website. If we already have this, I apologize, but I haven't found it. What I am getting at is a quick way to get to their website in case of wanting to double check their contact info, products, etc.
    vendor/sponsor above the swappin and sellin forum

seperate forum...

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

What I am saying is that the vendor/sponsor forum is not really very helpful when you want to look up a specific sponsor. You have to wade through a bunch of posts to find the vendor you are wanting to look up unless they have posted recently, and then that post might not have a link to their website. I am suggesting a webpage we can navigate to with a list of the vendors and a link to their website. Real simple, but helpful, I think.

In Remembrance
    Do you have to wade through a bunch of posts to find the Midway website...or Graf's?
    I bet you have your own method for keeping track of them.

If our vendors have websites, you can put links to them in your Favorites...or in a folder on your Desktop.
    Do you really need 'the government' to do this for you?

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Grand Master

Well said Charlie!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

What I am saying is that the vendor/sponsor forum is not really very helpful when you want to look up a specific sponsor....
    The search function has the option to search by Username. Example:

Say you wanted to see a list of the all the stuff yours truly is selling, you'd go to Search (advanced option), type in my username there on the top right, and pick the Vendor/Sponsor forum directly below that.

(If you actually used me as the example, you wouldn't find anything --yet-- but that's how you do it.)

Boolit Master

I don't need it, but it would be handy, which if you look at the first post you will see that the word I used was handy.

As far as Midway or Grafs, their websites are their names. Very easy. Further, there are links to them from all over the web, including google. It is not the same thing. I maintain that it would be handy. If the powers that be don't like it, no biggy, but there is no need to belittle me for my suggestion.

This is yet another examply of the negativity we have on this forum these days. I make a little suggestion and get ridiculed. I tell you what, I am about done with trying to make a positive contribution to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    Do you have to wade through a bunch of posts to find the Midway website...or Graf's?

If our vendors have websites, you can put links to them in your Favorites...or in a folder on your Desktop.

CM

Boolit Master
    I don't need it, but it would be handy, which if you look at the first post you will see that the word I used was handy.

As far as Midway or Grafs, their websites are their names. Very easy. Further, there are links to them from all over the web, including google. It is not the same thing. I maintain that it would be handy. If the powers that be don't like it, no biggy, but there is no need to belittle me for my suggestion.

This is yet another examply of the negativity we have on this forum these days. I make a little suggestion and get ridiculed. I tell you what, I am about done with trying to make a positive contribution to this forum.

but , as you can see, what you consider an improvement, others see as a waste....it is an idividual view of the same thing....6 of one, half a dozen of the other.......

if you offer a suggestion you must be open to comments, both positive and negative......
    only accurate rifles are interesting

However, the condescending attitudes need to be checked at the door.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Master

Honestly, I think a locked sticky in the vendor section with the webpage links would be a great idea, but that's MHO.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Not all the Vendor Sponsors have webpages,, but I was working on that anyway. Some of them are hosted at Castpics under member products however.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

In Remembrance
    If you are reading a post written by a Vendor, and you would like to return to that post easily at some future time, you can click a couple of buttons...and create a link to that thread in your own 'My Favorites' folder. The vendor doesn't really need his own webpage...the URL of his thread will do the same thing.

Earlier, I made a couple of suggestion about how a guy can 'manage' vendor information.
    That was not to display a 'condesending attitude', it was a boost toward self-reliance.
    A normal, common sense, self-assured, individual would probably have said, "You know...you're right. I don't need somebody to do this for me."

Instead, we have a person who immediately feels insulted...and says he's done.

To dig any deeper into the whys and wherefores of that would throw this thread into the Political and Religious section. But one thing about this forum is analagous with the federal government.

In an effort to 'do more' for the member...
    As a means of 'making life easier' for the average Joe...
    This forum has more than doubled in size and complexity since the day I stumbled in during a Google search, and I am not even talking about the size of the membership.

Some might call it 'improvement' while others may call it 'bloat'.
    But, it is certainly 'progressive'.

I'm just sayin'...

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 02-25-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    However, the condescending attitudes need to be checked at the door.
    +1
    There is a right to have an opinion and no one here is taking that away, but what makes us decent people is how we find the modesty of bringing a negative opinion to view in a way that doesn't communicate a negative overtone. This I am sure we can all come to agree upon.

Show me a page that list all the sponsors with their contact info and nothing else?
    Douglas, Ret.

If you are reading a post written by a Vendor, and you would like to return to that post easily at some future time, you can click a couple of buttons...and create a link to that thread in your own 'My Favorites' folder. The vendor doesn't really need his own webpage...the URL of his thread will do the same thing.

Earlier, I made a couple of suggestion about how a guy can 'manage' vendor information.
    That was not to display a 'condesending attitude', it was a boost toward self-reliance.
    A normal, common sense, self-assured, individual would probably have said, "You know...you're right. I don't need somebody to do this for me."

Instead, we have a person who immediately feels insulted...and says he's done.

To dig any deeper into the whys and wherefores of that would throw this thread into the Political and Religious section. But one thing about this forum is analagous with the federal government.

In an effort to 'do more' for the member...
    As a means of 'making life easier' for the average Joe...
    This forum has more than doubled in size and complexity since the day I stumbled in during a Google search, and I am not even talking about the size of the membership.

Some might call it 'improvement' while others may call it 'bloat'.
    But, it is certainly 'progressive'.

I'm just sayin'...

CM
    So since you're pontificating about self-reliance, why are you on a discussion forum? Can't you do it yourself, since everyone needs to be self reliant? Didn't think so.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Amazing how a simple suggestion degraded so quickly.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

In Remembrance

Angry What the HELL?!?

What the living HELL is going on?!?

Last time I looked, which was just a moment ago, I saw Ken's name as Site Owner. Willy owns the Gunloads thing, and we have a pretty damned good staff here capable of making pretty damned good decisions about how to run Cast Boolits.

Personally, my first thought on reading the title of this post was "Why? We already have links and a Vendors forum."

But upon reading the suggestion and the "why" that went with it, I think it's a pretty good idea. A win-win for Cast Boolits, our Vendors and our forum members.

I also think that's a decision for Ken & Co. to make and consider. After all, he IS the OWNER and we are all GUESTS here.

Trying to recall last time I read about Ken/staff responding to a suggestion like that. Why, son-of-a-gun, I can't recall one!

What happened to civility?

DAMN!

Boolit Master

As a computer dumb a@@ I think it is a great idea. I have a lot of trouble navigating thru sites. My daughter is trying to teach me and gets frustrated. She tells her friends " My dad can take a tree stump and a piece of iron and turn them into a gun, but he can't use a simple computer".

Not only do I think it would benefit our forum, I think it would benefit our venders and sponsers even more. If us dummies can't find them we can't buy their products. I appreciate this members suggestion on how to improve the site.As already stated the decision is up to the owners.

Larry

just because we havn't posted any thing on the thread does not meen we havn't seen threads. theres lots of talking among the mods about many things on the board. so just because we didn't post doesn't meen its a file 13 idea. steve k
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Bub

Holy Cow!

CM
    This response is not the least bit useful. As I read it happy7 was suggesting a simple list of Vendors and contact info, a consolidation of sorts. If you have no interest in the idea then just ignore it and move on to another thread you find more interesting. An opposing viewpoint is not the same as a negative comment. I have seen this type of response in other threads here and happy7 is right, makes one think twice about posting.

Respectfully, of course,
    Kevin