Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Strike out on WW hunt

Strike out on WW hunt

I went the the motorpool today in search of wheel weights. I was informed that the USAF has switched to zinc as the wheel weight of choice. I left with about a lbs worth that the guy had left in stock. However, he did say he would save any lead ones he takes off of vehicles for me. Better than nothing I guess, but I thought I would hit the jackpot.

Boolit Master
    Look for unserviceable battery clamps. Also, if you have a prop and rotor shop around, ask them.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Bub
    If you are friendly terms with your dentist and they are still doing Xray (non digital) offer them a few bucks for their lead supply. I scored 100 lbs last week. By the way, it is essentially 100% lead so will alloy with my linotype and/or wheel weights based on need.

Send your wife or girlfriend. I hit every single tire store in Helena, without so much as a single wheel weight. My mother in law found out about my luck, called the exact same tire stores and scored 400 lbs. I'm thinking I might need implants and low cut shirts.
    Be careful, the toes you step on today may be attached to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

In Remembrance

I had been told by the guy in our local tire shop that the people supplying their tire weights had required them to sell all their used weights to them. I checked with the new guy yesterday and found out that the former guy was lying to me and was saving them for a friend. I'm back in the loop for weights. He let me have about 50 lbs. that he had on hand. Free of course.

Boolit Grand Master
    I found out that the guy that runs the 'bout best garage in the area is a shooter. He's not a caster, so he has to buy his bullets. We struck a deal. I keep him in boolits and he keeps me in WWs. I took him about 50 or so .452-250-2Rs awhile back and all he's shot so far is about 6 or so. Got a 3/4 bucket out of the first trade. Went back the other day and gave him some Lee .452-230-1R-TLs and got about a half bucket. He hasn't fired a shot since the first batch I gave him. He's happy, though, and so am I.
    Seems to be working.

Boolit Mold
    Go check out the Salvage/Shipyards... A lot of Sailboats have Keel Weights of impressive weight. I have some that are 90lbs each.
    Handloading since 1984. Casting since 1990. 32mag, .380, 9mm, .40sw,.44mag, .45acp, .223rem, .243win, 7mmMag .308win