RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: MP 360-640 Loads

Boolit Buddy

MP 360-640 Loads

My MP 360-640 mold should be arriving next week and I should be casting and loading for my S&W 14-3 very soon. Do any of you have some pet loads to share for the 140+gr large hollow point or the 155+gr solid?

Hp bullets
    3.3gr of bullseye or 3.5gr international clays in 38spl cases with the bullet seated long/crimped in the bottom lube groove.

Boolit Buddy

Thank you Forrest r. The 360-640 I am getting is the single crimp groove model and as I understand it drops bullets lighter in weight than the double crimp groove model - 145gr - 155gr.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use only the light version, with the large HP pin. I have other molds that I use for high-production. I use 4.5 grains of WW-231 for a plus-P load or 3.5 grains of Bullseye for a very accurate plinker-standard velocity round. For the Grandkids, I load it even lighter, 3.0 WW231 or 2.8 Bullseye.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I've been using 4.0 gr Bullseye with the double crimp groove, hollow point version (158 gr nominal).

Lyman 48 and CBH list this as top end std load (16,000 CUP) for 158gr, but not quite +P. Wasn't looking for a full-power load, this just shot slightly better than the lower charges of Bullseye in my revolver (S&W 15-2, 38 Spcl).

-ktw

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    I have had lots of success with that bullet. In my 14, I load very light, 2.7 grains Bullseye or Red Dot, and enjoy lots of accurate, pleasant shooting.