WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Stp case lube

Boolit Master

Stp case lube

I started using STP years ago as a case lube. I have since found a knock off at the .99 cent store. Works great.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

I used to use STP for case lube and it did an excellent job. It has the highest film strength of any easily available lube I have ever seen.

However, it requires a solvent soaked rag to clean the cases. I went to Imperial Case Lube some years ago and have been happy with that.

If I had any heavy duty case reforming to do, I would probably pick up a can of STP, even today.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Master

Have also used STP as a case lube for many, many years. Not sure I've used a whole can [bottle now] yet. A pint bottle costs $2.00 at auto store, don't know if I will live long enough to use a whole bottle, so put the extra in my truck.

Larry

As a certified cheapskate, I too have used STP for years as a case resizing lube. I use a homemade pad that keeps the dust and dirt out of the lube; it consists of a piece of closed cell foam mat cut to fit inside a tin with lid (the kind the hated Xmas fruitcake comes in). I greased up the pad about a year ago, and haven't done it since.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    As a certified cheapskate, I too have used STP for years as a case resizing lube. I use a homemade pad that keeps the dust and dirt out of the lube; it consists of a piece of closed cell foam mat cut to fit inside a tin with lid (the kind the hated Xmas fruitcake comes in). I greased up the pad about a year ago, and haven't done it since.
    Good idea, thanks!

Gear

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    yes thank you indeed! should i put up the rcbs bottle and go with this now?

Quote Originally Posted by roarindan View Post
    yes thank you indeed! should i put up the rcbs bottle and go with this now?
    RCBS lube is water soluble and will dry or wash off (your hands and cloths) with soap and water. Lee case lube is that way also. Most commercial case lube is water washable.

Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your honor. That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse. Mark Twain