Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Thieves at the shoots

Banned

Thieves at the shoots

I belong to Shippensburg Fish and Game (PA) and go to the BPCR shoots. During the last couple of shoots I have lost my Merit eyepiece I use for revolver shooting, my B&L shooting glasses with a corrected lens and my B&L sunglasses. These were taken from my shooting box when I was on the line.
    These shoots have cost me hundreds of dollars that I can't afford. I have always said the guys at the shoots were great and now I have a different opinion.
    People that can spend thousands on fancy guns and have to filch small items from someone on a fixed income make me sick.
    I am ready to quit the club and the shoots. I never experienced theft at the IHMSA shoots and never expected the scum of the earth to be shooting with me. I don't like the idea of having to put everything in my car and lock it when I go to the line but now I don't trust anyone.
    I would not even think of taking something from another shooter or anyone else for that matter.
    I hope whoever did this to me is on this site and feels real proud about being scum, If I ever catch you, you will never shoot again.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    44man, I hope the individual is NOT on this site. We don't need them, either. And you are right. They are scum. Shouldn't hold a grudge though. If we can find out who thier parents are, we will make arrangements for them to get married, if we can get thier mother out from under the porch.

44Man know how you feel!! Sorry to hear that there are more of these ****'s around. Think they were just put on the face of this earth to p*ss people off.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Lightbulb Scum Bags

I wouldn't tell everybody, but I would tell the President of the club and see if you could set a trap for this scum bag. If he is local and hit you once he will try again. You can bet on that. Have a couple of the big boys handy to take him out behind the shed while you take your time calling the Police.
    Best regards, Baldy.

Banned

I notified the club, the BPCR director and the NRA. Now I have to worry about my rifle at the bench too.

Banner Sponsor

I feel for ya. It leaves you feeling violated. Here is some one thing that is good and pure, that you can count on. Then some Goblin(not human any more and has forfieted all rights associated with human) steps in. (*^$&*^(

On a more positive side. I have done several mold deals, none lately with the way life is. There was the gun shop here that had all their Lyman molds 1/2 off, that I bought all of them and sent out to guys on the list. Most of them before I recieved payments. Now I'm selling bullet lube here and in several countries.

I have only had 1 bad experience. I accidentally sent 2 molds on a group buy to Lew(Lewis Goldstein, may he pour a clean silver stream and shoot on cool windless mornings) and he died before he sent the other one back. I pre-paid on that deal and got 2% off, so that covered the cost and didn't loose any money.

The cast community is as good as gold. Then along comes a goblin in disguise. It makes me worry about the next generation. The wife and I see many kids(friends of our children or...) getting brushed aside by parents that are too busy getting(whatever). We try to take them in as much as possible and show them how a loving family sits down to dinner and talks, works out differences and cares about each other. and tell them that they don't have to grow up on the bad road, they can make a choice and make life the way they want it to be.

Boolit Grand Master

44man;
    Keep in mind that there may be only ONE thief in the whole crowd. One A**hole can ruin it for nearly everyone. Take precautions. I hope that you catch the S.O.B. and kick him off the reservation.

Dale53

Banned

That sucks for sure.

I hate thievin' bastreeds with a passion..

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Angry Thieving barftubs

Maybe it is a result of being around cons working jails over the past 22 years, but I am super careful. I see guys leaving guns and gear unsupervised all over the range. We never seem to have much trouble, but occasionally I have found that some things have just disappeared. I usually don't notice until much later and can't find them.

I was at a cowboy shoot recently and several of the shooters left their pistols hanging off their carts while they ran around and organised events, etc. terrified me, problem waiting to happen. Boy, lose a gun, especially a pistol in Australia and the Police hang you out to dry. Everything is registered and you can't just shrug it off.

It's a bad scene, thats for sure. Mick.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

Baldy's got the right idea. Dale , expelling is NOT ADEQUATE. This one needs a serious attitude adjustment. ie. many broken bones and months of recovery.
    Amputation is another option. ( I can find NO appropriate smiley)
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Master
    44MAN , I was planning on going to the "Old Time Shoot" at Sippensburg on July 29th now I think I will rethink the idea !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    It seems like its goin around. Three bikes have been stolen in last month in the apartment complex where I live. And were not talkin cheapo walmart bikes that the foriegners leave layin all over. These were high end cross country mountain bikes, like in the $1k and up range. They were all locked up too, the most recent one was a kyrptonite, New York FAHGETTABOUDIT one of if not the toughest bike lock around. Looks like the theif used either a plasma cutter or oxy/acc. torch to cut the lock. Fortunately, I keep my racing gear in my apartment and have an old beater in the bike sheds.
    Some where between here and there.....

Banned

I have done a lot of soul searching and also a lot of searching for my glasses. I went to my friends house and he also looked through his stuff. We thought it out and he doesn't remember seeing the glasses at the first shoot this year either. I had them at the last shoot we went to last year because I tried them. I think they were either knocked out of the box and picked up after we left, or taken, when we went to the club during the middle of the week to practice several times after the shoots were over for us. We could not make the last ones. There were a lot of people there during practice that I did not know. Someone might have found them and didn't know who they belonged to.
    So I have to apologize to all the shooters! They did not go missing during the regular shoots. I felt extremely bad posting and now feel worse thinking the glasses had gone missing during a shoot when they did not. I should know better then to say one of the greatest bunch of guys I know could not be trusted.
    I am truly sorry and hope I am forgiven.