MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Has anyone used the Carbine Tree ALF?

Boolit Master

Has anyone used the Carbine Tree ALF?

Using soft lube in my RCBS lubrisizer I'm really having to pressurize the luber almost as much as I pull the handle.

Has anyone tried the Carbine Tree ALF (Auto Lube Feeder)?

http://www.castingstuff.com/cabinetr...g_products.htm

I'd be willing to drop $51,00 if relieved things a bit.

Boolit Master

This seems to be the norm. I tweek my handle 1/4 inch or less for almost every bullet.
    But if it bugs you go for it.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Banned

I used the prototypes that gussy made when first designing it. the final product does really work. I found i could do 50 to a 100 bullets without screwing down the resivour screw. It held pressure better then a star.

Boolit Master
    I placed an order today for an ALF...(hopefully delivery from Melmac will be swift) I'll let you know how it turns out. The current bullet I'm dealing with is a BigLube .454 bullet designed for my Ruger Old Army. With soft lube it seems like I crank about five times per bullet.
    Last edited by AbitNutz; 02-04-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Banned

i think you will like it.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one and will probably buy a second one.

Don't walk away with the pressure spring compressed, especially if you use a heater. Don't ask how I know this.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    Gussy makes good stuff....Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I got my ALF...sooner than I expected. I tried to install it and had some issues. I do not believe it is the fault of the maker. This story has a happy ending so don't worry about this becoming a b1tch session. My RCBS is well over 30 years old so I suspect they may have made a few changes over the years resulting in some dimensional variation.

This is going to sound like gibberish unless you know the RCBS lubrisizer and the Carbine Tree ALF kit.

The threaded holes in the ALF base didn't line up with where my old RCBS lubrisizer thought they should be. I couldn't bolt it down. One bolt would thread in but not the other.
    To fix this I opened up the slots a bit in the RCBS. I then got it to bolt down but the rod really wasn't centered....hmm.

So I tried it anyway and I pressurized it up and the lube squirted a thin sheet between the bottom of the RCBS and the ALF base.

I looked at it from the side and the RCBS was not sitting flat on the ALF base. The RCBS had a bit of a curve where its bottom met the die pocket. It was not square. This caused it to not sit flat.

About ten minutes with a file to true this up allowed it to sit flat and square up with the ALF base. Now the ALF base holes lined up and the rod centered. Which allowed for the ALF seal to work and not squirt lube out. If I had noticed this first I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had any problems with the ALF base holes lining up with the RCBS.

Anyway...it appears to be assembled the way it should be. I have yet to give it a real tryout but I suspect it will work.