Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee slug load data

Boolit Mold
    i been running 31gr of herco with my 7/8 ounce slugs with the old W-AA hulls but i was told that it was to hot some im searching around for another load , ill prob end up goin to a 1oz slugs as herco is the only thing locally available , sucks i prob have 3-400 7/8 slugs made up

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCzechBoss View Post
    i been running 31gr of herco with my 7/8 ounce slugs with the old W-AA hulls but i was told that it was to hot some im searching around for another load , ill prob end up goin to a 1oz slugs as herco is the only thing locally available , sucks i prob have 3-400 7/8 slugs made up
    Not sure who told you that was too hot, but there is no way that 31 gr of Herco is too hot for a 7/8 Lee slug. The recommended load for 1 oz slugs is 36 gr in a AA hull, and the pressure with a 7/8 oz slug must be lower. So, relax and enjoy shooting these!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTang View Post
    Not sure who told you that was too hot, but there is no way that 31 gr of Herco is too hot for a 7/8 Lee slug. The recommended load for 1 oz slugs is 36 gr in a AA hull, and the pressure with a 7/8 oz slug must be lower. So, relax and enjoy shooting these!
    i cant find my thread but someone was all over it on there .. ill continue on then

Boolit Buddy
    That's a reasonably stout load, for sure---but safe. If you loaded Herco any lighter than that, you might even have problems with ignition of the powder (dirty burns, inconsistent velocities, or even bloopers.) That's why so many people go to the faster-burning powders when they want to load lower velocities; Richard Lee himself has been quoted saying that you can load these slugs (when cast from pure lead) in any "same-weight" trap load. So you could use any 7/8 oz trap load; you'll notice there aren't any 7/8 loads for Herco, because it's so inefficient and inconsistent, unless you get it up to big charges and high velocities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12