RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quick question

My wife is a supporter of my addictions. They flop back and forth between guitars and guns. I'm a bass player. She says that the guns and guitars are my girlfriends. They come and they go, but she is my wife and she stays.

She used to shoot steel with me back a number of years ago. She got good enough to beat about 1/3 of the guys in the match. She didn't really care about it, just didn't want to spend all that time without doing anything. She still likes to shoot 22 pistols and my 357, but has no interest in reloading or casting. Shooting a shotgun makes no sense to her, probably has someting to do with the math.

When I hurt my back and wanted to shoot, she hauled all the gear and me to the range. I hobbeled out to the firing line, and she set out targets and changed them out for me. When it was time to go, she packed up and hauled us back to the house.

When we deer hunt, she doesn't want to shoot, but will participate in drives and cleaning of the deer.

She supports the shooting sports in our house, but thinks it borders on the obsessive at times.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lamar you can answer correct me if i got anything wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    I have been married to my wife 46 yrs. She never shot until she met me. Loves to hunt bucks and has killed as many as most men. She does not reload now, but did all the shot shell loading when we shot trap. Loading a case of 12 ga a week. We were match directors at the local range for IHMSA and put on several state championships. BTW, she was Oregon state Unlimited Champion in 1985. Beat out 7 men in the shoot off. She does NOT cast or shoot black powder. She will shoot with us once in a while and can show most male shooters a thing or two. Her favorite gun is my 1911.......dale
    Dale you been whale fishing lately!
    Douglas, Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by #1wife View Post
    How many of your wifes are involved in the process. Like the smelting,making of the boolits,reloading and the shooting. Not trying to start a fight just wondering out of curiousity thanks alice
    Alice,

To Answer your question.

One day I went to get a clean pair of socks and when I opened the sock drawer, there weren't any. She was in the other room and I yelled to her, "hey where are my clean socks?" She answered, "think they are out by my empty K-Hornet cases."

I got the messege. I keep her K-hornet case full and always have clean socks.

She is my most favorite hunting partner of 44 years. Only slightly ahead of my granddaughter.
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master

Very nice,
    Not much to add to that---best wishes for you and all the rest of the boy's and girls.
    This has been a nice thread so far.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Buddy
    My wife goes shooting with me once in awhile. That's about all I've been able to get her to help with so far. I'm hoping that she'll be interested in more eventually.

My wife has no interest whatsoever. She thinks I am looney.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Boolit Master
    HI,
    She tolerates me doing it. AS LONG AS I DO NOT STINK UP THE HOUSE !

Boolit Bub

Smile

My wife enjoys shooting. She does not help with any of the loading or cleaning of the guns. But I don,t do dishes, laundry, clean house, shopping and many other things. I say this is not to bad of a deal for me.

In Remembrance

Mrs. Geargnasher: Welcome from another fellow Texan, a pleasure to have you join the forum.
    Now as to my wife. She doesn't load but does shoot some and is a good pistol shot. She likes my 38 so it now is officially hers. She didn't have much choice but to be accepting of shooting since she married me and mothered 5 sons who love shooting as much as I do. She doesn't clean game, but does help with deer processing, and has helped with butchering livestock and birds as long as I do the "stinky" part. She likes fishing and we went fishing together a lot until we moved to the Texas Panhandle where fishing opportunities are scarce. She lovingly cooked all the game our boys brought home and took our son Dave hunting when he was too young to go by himself and I was tied up working. She has been putting up with me for 44 years, and has bought me reloading equip. for birthdays and Christmas. I think I'll keep her a while longer. DALE

Boolit Master

Mine doesn't shoot as much as she once did but still, occasionally, keeps me company when go to the Danville range and, when she does, packs along the same old 4" Diamondback .38 I bought her thirty-some years ago...just to keep her her hand in, she says. Actually, though, she's suggested several times in the last year or so that we join the trap & skeet club about ten miles down the road...neither of us has shot clay birds for years but the club does have a 25-yard pistol range.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"