MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wano-Schwarzpulver , black powder

Wano-Schwarzpulver , black powder

someone ? anyone use this stuff ?

we drove ALL the way to graf's in mexico missouri, to get some powder......

what a trip, flat tire too. jack stripped out, had to lift car up by hand.....[owww my back !]

car was a metro geo......

anyhoo..... ya'll like this powder ? cause i bought several jugs of it.

Boolit Bub
    I have used Wano 2fg powder for about 7 years. Used it in both Ruger Old Army, 3rd Model Dragoon and a Miroku 1861 Springfield repo.

Well it goes boom every time. I think it's more common here down under. Good powder. Don't know what else to say as it is the only BP I've used.

......and i drive a Holden - never let me down!!

lol... thanks pistolero........

whats a holden ?

we have a town not far from here named ''holden'' missouri.... lol

i drive a chevy 4x4 1500 pickup, still going !

Boolit Bub
    Holden is the GM brand in Australia.

In recent years, Holdens exported to the USA include;

Pontiac GTO (Holden Monaro),
    Pontiac G8 (Holden Commodore SS)
    and new Chevy Caprice police cruiser (Holden Statesman)

We have Chevys in Aus, but because they have to be right hand drive (add $10k) they are priced too high for most of us here. But I did see an awesome yellow 68 Camaro today. It was, of course, left hand drive.

Boolit Master
    I've used a few pounds of Wano that I won at a match a few years ago. It went bang and seamed to work fine in my rifle. I am currently using Kix FFFG in my ML and C&B revolvers as I got a deal on half a case of the stuff from a guy who was quitting ML Shooting. It seams to have more poop that the Elephant FFFG I had been using before I used it all up. Oh it also burns cleaner. I Think KIX is also made by the same outfit that makes WANO

I tested the stuff in one rifle for 5 shot averages against GOEX for 5 shots. While the Wano was not quite as fast, the difference could have been the same as lot to lot with GOEX. At most to get equal velocities I might use 5 grains more Wano, but I just use as is. I think it as as good as GOEX, but have not had a chance to compare whether it is more or less clean burning as I have a lot of GOEX to use for the amount of shooting I do.

Northmn

i use it in my tc hawkens and renegades. good stuff. took a .54 renegade out this past year and shot a doe with it. bang- down. ball went right through her. 80 grs of 2f.
    clean up is good too.

now thats all good to hear, glad i didn't waste what little money i haves.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
    someone ? anyone use this stuff ?

we drove ALL the way to graf's in mexico missouri, to get some powder......

what a trip, flat tire too. jack stripped out, had to lift car up by hand.....[owww my back !]

car was a metro geo......

anyhoo..... ya'll like this powder ? cause i bought several jugs of it.
    Killer powder I like it better than Goex.

As an update, I found it semed to foul less than GOEX in my little 25. While it did not give the velocity over the chronograph as the same charge of GOEX 3f (I used 3f GRAFS also) loading seemed to be easier after the first shot. As it is for field use on squirrels I really do not like to spend a lot of time swabing between shtos so I like the GRAFS. It still gives more than enough velocity.

Northmn

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Northmn ... Though not shot in a muzzleloader, here is a loading data using the 'old' Schuetzen FFg powder:
    PJ Creedmoor 536gr 362BC 1:20 R-P F215M Wano 2F Sifted 75gr NewsP / 0.030 Fiber Wads 2.9 COAL 1161 fps

Per James Kirkland, owner of Schuetzen Powder LLC, who is the distributor for Schuetzen and Swiss ... Wano has reformulated Schuetzen FFg and FFFg to improve the velocity. It has been tested and the FFg powder that Graf & Sons sells is the new formulated powder. The increase in velocity is 8 - 10% faster, depending on the BPCR that it was shot from. FFFg powder in the US is still the old formula. The new FFFg will not be imported until the old FFFg is sold out

With the new powder, that means my velocity of 1161 should be 1254 or 1277 fps @ a 8 or 10% increase

Respective to less fouling of Schuetzen v Goex: The reason is Schuetzen uses Alder Buckthorn wood for their charcoal and Goex uses Maple. There are only 3 powder companies that use Alder Buckthorn charcoal ... Swiss, Schuetzen and KIK. KIK is no longer in business. They went bankrupt in 2009

FWIW, the above recipe was shot at 1000 yds - 2 sighters and 3 hits on target.
    Last edited by John Boy; 07-17-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Regards
    John

As the stuff I have burns cleaner and I think I have two pound of the 3f, it will be a while before I shoot it up in the 25. I usually use 2F in the bigger guns. I have some of it for them also. The difference in velocity I got from GOEX was not anything considerable, less than 100fps. For deer hunting the fouling is not that big of an issue as I don't generally shoot that much at deer. I just liked it over GOEX for the little gun because it did seem to be much easier for reloading. Also have some of it in 4f as backup priming powder.

Northmn

Boolit Master
    Wano is the most common powder here is Oz,it's very good quality. Pat

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I have been having some good results with the mixing of Goex 2F and 3F. I mix it pound for pound. I shoot 44-40 in SASS and my mixed powder is just as accurate or maybe even more so. The biggest difference from shooting the straight 2F like I usually do is that the mix as I call it shoots cleaner and is much easier to clean. I left it uncleaned for 4-5 days after my last shoot to see what type of reaction I would have. The mix forms a light grey residue that almost looks the same as Swiss after it is fired. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

'works for me" in all of my muzzleloaders, and I have a bunch of them, from .32 cal to .62 cal . all rifled, have some smoothbores also.

TTC
    NRA life member (benefactor)

Boolit Master

A while back Graf had a good special on Wano for a minimum order. Three of us went in so I have quite a bit of it. Seems like good powder to me. As far as shooting the muzzleloaders with it- I can't tell much difference. There may be accuracy differences between Wano and Goex (or any other brand for that matter) but open sigthted MLs don't lend themselves to making such small determinations. And, a few fps muzzle velocity difference comparing one BP to another is almost meaningless for the smokepoles anyway. BPCR applications are a different matter and I haven't tried Wano in them yet. Just a limit to the experimental dallying around I feel like doing sometimes.... another round TUIT for sure.

Boolit Buddy
    WANO is slightly better (higher quality) than GOEX. I have used lots of both brands and my first choice is WANO.

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    As has been said, WANO is pretty much the only BP down under. I have been told that there are 2 different types imported. One is supposedly a higher grade (called Precision). You can tell the difference by looking as the granulation. If if is "F"s (Fg, FFg, FFFg), then it is standard, if it is "P"s (Pg, PPg, PPPg), then it is the "precision". I have only seen the "precsion" once.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Boolit Mold
    Well, I´m using Wano PP already since years now..

Nothing to complain about.

Strange to me: Wano is a German powder - and most of the German ML-shooters is using Swiss #2.
    IMHO Wano has a softer fouling, and this is more friendly to the patches - less wiping between shots than with swiss.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Gentlemen: To the best of my knowledge, there is no sporting gunpowder sold in the US that is manufactured in Germany by WANO Schwarzpulver GmbH and imported by James Kirkland, owner of Schuetzen Powder, LLC. ... called Wano. If there is, I sure would like to see a picture of the sporting powder can with Wano on it

The sporting powder made by WANO Schwarzpulver GmbH and imported to the US is called Schuetzen

There are different granulations made by WANO Schwarzpulver GmbH and imported into the US called Wano. This is not sporting gunpowder that we shoot. It is either fireworks - blasting or military gunpowder
    Source: http://www.schuetzenpowder.com/index.php/products

Many years ago, there was sporting gunpowder imported to the US called Wano. But it was discontinued.
    Regards
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast