Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: They said it couldn't be done

Banned

it might just work, i wanted to see if a stearate would do the job as well.
    especially since i can get the white lith and moly sticks free
    the b-wax i have to buy but already did so,and i can drive to white label lube [glens house]
    and save shipping on the carnuba red.
    it's just a matter of proportions from then on,but the other ingredient might be a good binder then again so might ground guar husk.
    it's not all about the slippery with lube and i actually don't look for slippery ,if i did i would just use friction reducer, guar husk, mineral oil and parrafin. at least once.
    it's more about curiousity,balance and consistency errrr viscosity and the application we choose to target.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    it might just work, i wanted to see if a stearate would do the job as well.
    especially since i can get the white lith and moly sticks free
    the b-wax i have to buy but already did so,and i can drive to white label lube [glens house]
    and save shipping on the carnuba red.
    it's just a matter of proportions from then on,but the other ingredient might be a good binder then again so might ground guar husk.
    it's not all about the slippery with lube and i actually don't look for slippery ,if i did i would just use friction reducer, guar husk, mineral oil and parrafin. at least once.
    it's more about curiousity,balance and consistency errrr viscosity and the application we choose to target.
    yes I agree. slippery is, IMO, undesireabe. I actually want a lube with high tack and low viscosity. anything too slippery, would reduce chamber pressure, and not allow proper obturation (IMO). the micro powders have a large variation. you can get some high tmp./high impact items, that would really allow you to get a "hard" coating, without excess lubricity.

the main purpose for the hard coat, would be to encapsulate the moly. I couldn't think of anything more ideal. a fluid bearing, with moly riding just under it. now that would be very cool, for a rifle. I don't think it would really be much benefit in a pistol (sine the chamber travel is so short).

the fluid bearing would protect the projectile during obturation and travel through the free bore. then once the fluid bearing spins/burns off, the moly would take over. I think this would keep chamber pressure/obturation up, and provide some extra protection towards the end of the muzzle. all speculation, of course.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567