RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .36 H&A buggy rifle . shoots great !!

Boolit Master
    Sometimes these old posts are full of really great info, especially if it's about something not made for a long time. Ex.=my neighbor (a younger guy) asked me why they called the gun an underhammer. As he was holding the gun, I pointed to the hammer. He finally said "OH!!" Said he'd never heard of one before. Nice to have the old info around. He's never heard of Klein's Sporting Goods out of Chicago where you could buy a Carcano for $12.95, a Garand for $89.95, 1903 Springfields for $39.95 & on & on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I think old posts in gun forums are like wine, most get better with age and some spoil and turn to vinegar.
    That is true. I love under hammers and had to read the whole thing!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
    well... my uncle and i tried out the little thirty six's to day.

his traditions .36

and my little H&A .36 buggy rifle.

both of us using .350 ball. and 0.015 patches and .36 bore buttons.

tried tripple 7 powder and goex fffg ,

charges was 15 grains, up to 32 grains.

accuracy, was very very good, in both rifles. shooting bottle caps, out to 60 yards +plus+, we swabbed the bores every 7 shots,

then we set up a wooden block at 50 yards, and .32 gr, of goex .silly things where making itty bitty ragged one hole groups.

accuracy was good , at all powder charges, im very happy with this little buggy rifle.
    I just bought one a couple of days ago at the local Pawn shop. I have another one of the same length but it has a one piece stock and is not so handsome as the other one. The Buggy Rifle (with the 2-piece stock like most I've seen) takes a .340" ball and the other one with the 1-piece stock takes a .350" ball-go figure! They are both real accurate shooters and the little buggy rifle has about the smoothest bore of any rifle I've seen. Once it warms up a little, I'm going to go out and play with them some more. Seems it would be a winning proposition for someone to bring out an economical underhammer model again.

I had all the H&A models memorized. I always wanted just a standard rifle in .45 but I've only SEEN maybe two underhammers in my life. They seem to be very rare where I've roamed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have 5 under hammers. all are .45. I have a stack of three round balls done at 30 yards off the bench. I would like to get a .36. I also buy other h & a muzzle loaders. I have a minute man flintlock in .45. I am looking for a swing barrel rifle to add to the heard.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I have 5 under hammers. all are .45. I have a stack of three round balls done at 30 yards off the bench. I would like to get a .36. I also buy other h & a muzzle loaders. I have a minute man flintlock in .45. I am looking for a swing barrel rifle to add to the heard.
    i would love to see pics of that minute man flintlock 45??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12